USA Men's Soccer National Team

Awesome result. Mexico is in trouble now. Only team in the group without a win.

Mexico seems to underestimate other teams at times, they look like they are in trouble now, when is all said and done they will be at the top,and when groups are being formed for the WORLD CUP, they will be group leaders.

It looks like they are playing good ball. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Not a WCQ tonight but a tough friendly vs. Belgium. Should be a good game and it starts a difficult stretch in the coming weeks. Go USA!

Not a WCQ tonight but a tough friendly vs. Belgium. Should be a good game and it starts a difficult stretch in the coming weeks. Go USA!

It'll be an awesome game. Belgium is an awesome team.

It'll be an awesome game. Belgium is an awesome team.

Yeah I have been impressed so far with Belgium, not so much with the USA side ehhhh

USA tied 1 to 1 at the half. Nice bounce back after a slow start

After last nights game Sundays game againsg GER could get really ugly.

After last nights game Sundays game against GER could get really ugly.

You are right it could. On the other hand I would much rather this team play some real competition going into the one of the toughest stretches of WCQ, at least they will not be cocky thinking they can go and beat anyone after some lopsided victories against bad teams. Gotta play the best to be the best.

Belgium was good and really exposed some obvious weaknesses on the back line. The USA is going to have to play much better team ball to even get to the WC. I will say that I did see some glimpses of that play but it was there for 10 minutes and then non existent.

100 Years of US Soccer on Sunday so please lets not get blow out by Germany.

Our defense looked horrible all night and Germany is going to have a field day playing us.

I'd like to point out almost the entire team got subbed out for the 2nd half.

Belgium is THE most underrated team in Europe. Amazing talent, and they'll be a contender for the semis of the WC.

I think 4-2 was a good result for us.

Belgium is THE most underrated team in Europe. Amazing talent, and they'll be a contender for the semis of the WC.

Lukaku will probably be hitting his stride by the time summer 2014 rolls around too (baffling why RA keeps buying strikers and loaning him out @ Chelsea...but I'll continue to enjoy the incompetence). They are definitely still a bit under the radar, but could see them making a serious run.

I can see them ruining someones tournament. Maybe getting grouped with a couple of power house teams and they advance instead of one of them or maybe knocking someone out in the quarters.

Wow the men went out and got a great result today. They played the first half almost flawlessly had a couple periods of let down in the second but finished quite well. Definitely an encouraging sign going into Jamaica on Friday for a HUGE WCQ! Great day for US Soccer and 100 years, well done.

Huge win today. What a great game.

What a great win. Was hoping for a tie in best case scenario, but this W is definitely a milestone to build on.

Loved the play of the forwards and midfield today, but the back line has got to get better. I don't know if its just the continued experimentation or what, but teams are going to eat them alive if there isn't vast improvement and cohesion there.

USA played well and it will be a great confidence boost going to Jamaica but to be fair Germany was missing Neuer, Lahm, Muller, Gomez, Schweinsteiger, Boateng, Reus and a few others.

I can't wait! June 18th they are playing here in salt lake against Honduras and I've got 8 tickets. I got early privileges because I'm a season ticket holder to Real Salt Lake and I bought as many as I could.

USA played well and it will be a great confidence boost going to Jamaica but to be fair Germany was missing Neuer, Lahm, Muller, Gomez, Schweinsteiger, Boateng, Reus and a few others.
But at the same time I think the team that GER fielded are still better than the US.

It was a good result but the goals the Germans conceded were very tame.

It was a good result but the goals the Germans conceded were very tame.

Jozy Altidore's strike was a really nice finish that capped off some really nice passing by the USA. The own goal well that was just sad I actually feel bad for the keeper. IMO some sloppy defense lead to Dempsey's goals but they were both very clean strikes with great direction.

I am biased but the USA showed up and bounced back from a sloppy second half vs. Belgium. I really hope they can take this momentum and confidence in to Friday's match.

Regardless of the quality of the squad the US should feel great after that win! Hopefully that confidence carries over to the qualifier!

Why are we all celebrating this massive win? It was our First Team (except Defense) vs their reserves. We should've won. The real Germany would've crushed this team.

I don't understand why we are jumping up and down.

Why are we all celebrating this massive win? It was our First Team (except Defense) vs their reserves. We should've won. The real Germany would've crushed this team.

Because it was a win. And like you said, it was a win they should have gotten.

Hey Debbie downer, show done national spirit

Back