UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

:rofl:

OK OK, we have all waited long enough now, so I am going to announce the last couple of names, so we can have a few hours banter over the teams.

The final names out of the hat are.........

For team Dicks - David Balbi (Crag Rat)

For Team Seve - Chris Bullock (Mav281)

So there we have it folks, there's the teams for the tomorrow's yellow ball competition.

Team Dicks - David Liversedge, Sam Guest, Tom Simonsen (Carlsberg boy), David Balbi (Crag Rat)

Team Seve - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito), Glenn Smith (The Doctor), Chris Bullock (Mav281)

Team Rose - Andy Bullock (Bully), Martin Newton, Andy Burgess (Burgerbudge)

Team Faldo - Rob Newton, Neville Smith (Dirk St Moritz), John Williams (El Jefe)

The 4 ball will unfortunatley need to go out last, obviously with a view to keeping play moving as best as possible.

The other thing I need to advise on is that should the 4 ball be the winning team of the Yellowball competition I will need to order and get delivered a 4th winners medal. I opted to only order three, on the basis that the majority of the teams are three balls. Hope everyone understands the situation with that.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning, Bully and I will be there bright and early with the Doc in tow so we will see everyone as and when you get there.

Cheers,

Mav

Aye, will meet as planned Mav

Going to try and get an early night ready for a long day tomorrow, but looking forward to it and putting faces to names as it were

Mav281! Welcome aboard to team Seve! Looking forward to it!

Mav281! Welcome aboard to team Seve! Looking forward to it!

Not half as much as I am El Capitano sir.

Just remember once we are out on the course your in charge of those yellow ball decisions :)

Aye, will meet as planned Mav

Going to try and get an early night ready for a long day tomorrow, but looking forward to it and putting faces to names as it were

Jose Maria! You are Spanish! Tonight you dance with the ladies, dance the flamenco and tomorrow you are short game genius. Ole!

After the way David L and I played I wouldn't worry about having to get another medal Mav!

Stu, a little gutted not to be on the iconic team Seve, had my navy blue trousers and white top ready but perhaps apt I'm on team Dicks?!

Sorry Mr L!

Not half as much as I am El Capitano sir.

Just remember once we are out on the course your in charge of those yellow ball decisions :)

If I am Seve, Doc is Jose Maria - then welcome aboard Sergio! In the interest of international relations, my first command is "zip it Sergio!"

After the way David L and I played I wouldn't worry about having to get another medal Mav!

Stu, a little gutted not to be on the iconic team Seve, had my navy blue trousers and white top ready but perhaps apt I'm on team Dicks?!

Sorry Mr L!

Crag Rat. You are sorely missed already! We could of course 'auction' the 4th man tomorrow....create a closed season transfer market?? Tom and Sam will carry you both fear not!

If I am Seve, Doc is Jose Maria - then welcome aboard Sergio! In the interest of international relations, my first command is "zip it Sergio!"

LOLOLOLL - HAHHA

It's fine, I don't think there is any chicken on the menu tomorrow :)

Quite happy to take on the role of Sergio and will do my best to deliver some of his brilliance whilst ensuring I keep my comments to myself!

LOLOLOLL - HAHHA

Quite happy to take on the role of Sergio and will do my best to deliver some of his brilliance whilst ensuring I keep my comments to myself!

Eeeees ok. Tomorrow, we dine on Steak and a fine Rioja.....

Not sure I could handle being completely last, at least this way I can pretend I wasn't.

LOLOLOLL - HAHHA

I think you'll look great in that all banana yellow outfit that Sergio wore at the open'

Sergio, welcome aboard the good ship Olë

Seve, I will do my best to bring the short game that has served me so well the last couple of rounds, along with the quiet and reserved flair :D

The steak has been devoured tonight, the clubs are ready for their journey so all that remains is the slumber of the gods to put me in the right frame of mind to breeze round the course tomorrow

I've seen the shirts that we have ordered for Sunday and I have to say I am we'll impressed.

Very keen for us to get some decent group shots and an overall picture as well as the shirts will really finish things off.

Well done to Bully for getting these sorted.

Lads, on the advice of the wise man that is Jose Maria, I am soon for my bed. I can report that 'the Dane' (he is anxious that he not be called Carlsberg boy, therefore we must of course of call him Carlsberg boy) has safely arrived in the UK and is now full of wine, ready for his bed...

Looking forward to meeting some old faces, who presumptuously I think of as friends, and the odd new one. Lets play some golf, make some memories and have some fun! See you tomorrow boys!

Well said captain, looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying a good couple of days of golf, fine company and no doubt some laughs along the way

Lads, on the advice of the wise man that is Jose Maria, I am soon for my bed. I can report that 'the Dane' (he is anxious that he not be called Carlsberg boy, therefore we must of course of call him Carlsberg boy) has safely arrived in the UK and is now full of wine, ready for his bed...

Looking forward to meeting some old faces, who presumptuously I think of as friends, and the odd new one. Lets play some golf, make some memories and have some fun! See you tomorrow boys!

No presumption there at all buddy.

That was one of the best parts about the first meet. We spent a couple of hours together as a group and I personally already felt like I had known people for years.

Looking forward to catching up and extending those relationships now :)

Well said captain, looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying a good couple of days of golf, fine company and no doubt some laughs along the way

Absolutely - well said Doc!

Oooh I'd forgotten about the shirts, that should be great, just hope it'll still fit.

Be great to catch up with everyone again and to meet our new players. Sleep well all, safe journeys and see you there bright and early!

Morning Girls!

Are we nearly there yet?:)

Not yet, just got the car sorted so will be heading off soon though

Tom Sam and Crag rat welcome to the team dicks I'm up and ready to go (which made the wife nervous!) suns shining lets go have some fun

Hooray! In SAMs bar, next to Belfry bar getting properly breakfasted!

All, thanks for a great couple of days and many congrats to our winner, thoroughly deserved, pictures to come.

If anyone does happen to delve into their bag and discover my sunglasses I'd be very grateful for their return, they were in a hard life venture case and were a pair of Next black shades.

Thanks and hope to see you all soon, special shout out to Mav for organising it all, to El Bandito for all his support and gifts and to Tom for flying in from Copenhagen, sorry I dragged you down to my level!

Back