Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking good for our THP UK trip to the Belfry this weekend.

Good bit of weather, cold beer's in between, rest and relaxtion (without the wife and kids screaming) AND 36 holes of golf over two days - sound like PARADISE to anyone else :)

sundayweather_zps3fce5e05.png

mondayweather_zps4e708f13.png

Rain. For the next two days.

Rain. For the next two days.

I consider it a miracle, but somehow, it didn't rain in southern Iowa last night. If we can miss the next heavy rain, I might be able to golf by Saturday.

~Rock

Low 90s and so damn hot and humid but that is typical weather for DC in the summer.

90* and sunny. Had a nice 10 mph breeze going but it was hot, hot, hot out there today. Contemplated taking a cart but toughed it out and walked the 18.

Sunny and dry for the next 140 days or so. Sacramento is the sunniest place on the planet for June, July, August, and September.

World's sunniest places by month: average hours of sunshine
Month Country Place Monthly Daily
Jan South Africa Upington, Northern Cape 353 11.4
Feb Thailand Songkhla 349 12.5
Mar United States Yuma, Arizona 336 10.8
Apr Canada Alert, Nunavut 377 12.6
May Canada Eureka, Nunavut 512 16.5
Jun United States Sacramento, California 420 14.0
Jul United States Sacramento, California 440 14.2
Aug United States Sacramento, California 407 13.1
Sep United States Sacramento, California 348 11.6
Oct Mongolia Khalkhgol 335 10.8
Nov South Africa Upington, Northern Cape 345 11.5
Dec South Africa Upington, Northern Cape 367 11.8
Reference

World Data Center for Meteorology. Climate of the World.

Haven't played a round since the outing... Been raining every day. I need to go back to fl!!! Forecast is 67 and no rain tomorrow finally can get out and play!!!

Finally stopped raining yesterday, so that's good. Temperature at Tee off will be in the high 50's with a NW wind at 19 miles per hour. If my knee cooperates I'm going to try to play 27 or 36.

44* here @ 6:45, supposed to be 62* by noon and 70* for a high with very little wind. Hope I can make this a quick work day and get to the course.

77 here today but ut doesnt appear a round of golf is in the cards

Gonna be 78 today and I'm playing golf at 1016 am. I'm ready for a round in the 70's.... I hope... Hey it's gonna be in the 70's that's a round in the 70's right. Mission accomplished already.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Finally stopped raining yesterday, so that's good. Temperature at Tee off will be in the high 50's with a NW wind at 19 miles per hour. If my knee cooperates I'm going to try to play 27 or 36.

Weatherman forgot to mention the drizzle that I played in or 2/3 of the day.

Too windy to really get in a good round today. Working on ball striking today hitting on a range that faces into the wind. 20+mph winds today and while I won't be hitting long, I will be focusing on hitting the shots I want when I want.

Weatherman forgot to mention the drizzle that I played in or 2/3 of the day.

Getting the same here... Still going out as I don't think I'll get much worse. At least the course will be quiet with this awful weather.

Getting the same here... Still going out as I don't think I'll get much worse. At least the course will be quiet with this awful weather.

Now that I'm home it's perfect out. Still windy, but no drizzle. It wasn't all that bad. The course I played was a mess though. They got 5 inches of rain last Sunday alone lol. Poor guys.

Raining.. No such thing as golf for me today! :banghead:

Two rounds on the Monterey Peninsula this weekend. Saturday afternoon at Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley, it was 70 and sunny. Today at Bayonet in the morning, it was cloudy, cold and windy, about 55 degrees and we froze our booties off.

Absolutely perfect today. High of 72 with a slight breeze and not a cloud in the sky. It should be like this until friday. Makes me want to play even more.

played Sunday. Teed off at 8:39. It was a little cloudy and muggy early but by about the 4th hole the sun was out. Round ended up being 4.75 hours, and it was 90+ and humid as hell. I came up and started looking up golf courses in the Portland and Seattle areas. I swear, I'm sick and tired of playing in the Florida heat. I don't care how nice is it in the Winter, the damn summer is too long.

If I'm not in the Pac northwest or Denver in 3 years, I'm going to be seriously disappointed. I would move to SoCal, but it's just too damn expensive. Not to mention, the politics....ugh.

Sunny and hot!!

esuqe4e7.jpg

Looks like we don't even have to think about running the air until at least Sunday.The rest of the week we are supposed to be in the low 70's.

No one has been allowed on my course since the Saturday before Memorial Day. As of this morning, no cart signs were still up. Here's to hoping that its just a precaution and that I actually get to play league this evening. Or, we have a 30% chance of rain, which recently, usually equates to a 100% chance of at least 1/2 inch. So wet around here.

~Rock

Tropical storm Andrea is wreaking havoc on my golfing jones this week. Really starting to piss me off. Come Saturday morning I'm just going to say "screw it", bring extra towels and play in the rain. I actually rather enjoy playing in a light rain. As long as the lightning stays away, I can grip my clubs and there's no standing water on the greens, I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back