What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had two really good birdie opportunities where my putting failed, including one where my ball went around the cup and back at me... that was weird.

Best thing about today, outside of two chips, I did not duff a single shot.

9 hole match play league tonight (2 man best ball). I shot a 35 (E) with 1 bogey and bounced back and birdied the next hole. We beat the team in 1st place 3 & 2 for a much needed W this week.

BOOM!

Wow Captain. That's an awesome score. Great job buddy

Shot 75 yesterday. Was even through 13 and then finished +3 over the last few holes. Need to work on my chipping and pitching.

Strong round John!

Had two really good birdie opportunities where my putting failed, including one where my ball went around the cup and back at me... that was weird.

Best thing about today, outside of two chips, I did not duff a single shot.

Making good strides. Those putts will start to fall

I shot a disappointing 78 today +11, as the course was only a par 67.

Shot a 84 on my local track, not my best, but not too bad. Drove it well.

77 (+7) today on the home course. Had 2 doubles caused by costly tee shot mistakes. Putting was solid; no 3 jacks. Approach shots were a little off though. Missed too many greens.

82 (+10) at Amana Colonies, a course I have never played before. Man, this is a course where local knowledge helps because nearly every tee shot or approach shot was blind. The fairways were tiny! Played the tips around 140 slope and struggled some holes. Tough course.

Was first off this morning as a single as my buddy canceled last minute. Shot 74 with 34 putts. Made only 1 out of 14 birdie putts and that birdie didn't come until the last hole. The good news is I was first off so the round was my fastest of the year - 93 minutes. I was home having a cup of coffee by the pool at 8:45 a.m.

I shot my sixth straight round under 90 at Monroe CC today. I shot (42 + 42) 84, won first place in our blitz (+9), won one close up and came within a two inches of winning a second. Resting my knee has been a blessing for me in so many ways. Tomorrow, KellyBo and I are playing with a guest couple coming up to our club and then Sunday, we're playing with MaryC and a friend of hers. Three days in a row might be a bit much. Playing smart and resting my body has improved my outlook on this game 1000%. My handicap is dropping like a opossum full of persimmons! :hungry:

P.S. I hit my driver better today than I have in over a year :thumb:

I shot my sixth straight round under 90 at Monroe CC today. I shot (42 + 42) 84, won first place in our blitz (+9), won one close up and came within a two inches of winning a second. Resting my knee has been a blessing for me in so many ways. Tomorrow, KellyBo and I are playing with a guest couple coming up to our club and then Sunday, we're playing with MaryC and a friend of hers. Three days in a row might be a bit much. Playing smart and resting my body has improved my outlook on this game 1000%. My handicap is dropping like a opossum full of persimmons! :hungry:

Good shootin' partner! Sounds like the woodshed needs an addition put on it

Good shooting Seth. I've suddenly started swinging differently with my driver and can really feel the power through my turn that I wasn't feeling before because I'm using the big muscles instead of arms too.

I don't know what that feels like but i suspect I would know when i'm doing it so I must be using too much arm and not enough core.

Played my second round team matchplay today. Closed the opposition on 14 at 3 over thanks to a couple erratic drives on the back nine.

Time to get that thing dialed in.

77 (+7) today on the home course. Had 2 doubles caused by costly tee shot mistakes. Putting was solid; no 3 jacks. Approach shots were a little off though. Missed too many greens.

Remind me what course is home?

I need to start writing these Ole Grayisms down. When i have enough I'll get them published "Woodshed Wisdom from Ole Gray"

Catchy isn't it?

Haha. You're awesome Lee!

38/41 for 79. So close to setting a personal best. Was +2 after 15 holes. Had a quad on 16 after a rain delay. Then Bogey on 17th. Finished at 79. 9/14 fairways. 9/18 GIR.
X Hot Pros are really coming along. Still learning distances but wishing I had taken them to Mesquite last week.

So glad to hear this Bill! Glad the rest is working for you!

Folks the last round I played with Ole Gray that knee was bothering him so badly. He's a trooper, a lesser man would have quit from the pain. DawgDaddy and I were amazed at how he kept playing. Swollen up like you wouldn't believe.

38/41 for 79. So close to setting a personal best. Was +2 after 15 holes. Had a quad on 16 after a rain delay. Then Bogey on 17th. Finished at 79. 9/14 fairways. 9/18 GIR.
X Hot Pros are really coming along. Still learning distances but wishing I had taken them to Mesquite last week.

Nice turnaround, Barry. Really looking forward to watching you game the XHot Pros.

Sounds like your new plan of more rest is paying off. I would assume the local knowledge of those greens is pretty helpful too. Keep up the good work and definitely going to have to get by Monroe CC soon and see what it's all about.

I don't know what that feels like but i suspect I would know when i'm doing it so I must be using too much arm and not enough core.

If you search online for Annika Academy core exercises, you'll find several golf specific exercises for your core. I've been using them for the last several weeks, and I am really starting to feel my core (and, in turn, my shoulders) engaging in the swing rather than my arms.

Great job Barry! You sure do have pretty swing partner and I can't wait to see you pound those X Hot Pros next time around :thumb:

Sounds like your new plan of more rest is paying off. I would assume the local knowledge of those greens is pretty helpful too. Keep up the good work and definitely going to have to get by Monroe CC soon and see what it's all about.

Our greens are not as fast these days. They finally healed up from the aeration and look gorgeous now however adjusting to slower speed is tricky. I left a few putts way short today, which had me scratching my head. Anyways come on down and tee it up with us! We'd love to have ya.

That's what I wanted to hear! :clapp:
Good shooting, OG!

The U of I Blue Course was swamped today at twilight time because of an outing on the Orange Course, so I only played 9 today. Shot 41 (+5) despite not being able to hit a drive to save my life, but I'm very encouraged with my iron and hybrid play. I've been focusing on swinging more upright and it's beginning to really help my iron play, hit 4 GIR and had 17 putts. Made an ugly spasm stroke on 6 that cost me a par and lipped out about an 8-foot birdie putt on 9 or I would have broke 40. Sorry for the rant analysis, but it's very cathartic.

The U of I Blue Course was swamped today at twilight time because of an outing on the Orange Course, so I only played 9 today. Shot 41 (+5) despite not being able to hit a drive to save my life, but I'm very encouraged with my iron and hybrid play. I've been focusing on swinging more upright and it's beginning to really help my iron play, hit 4 GIR and had 17 putts. Made an ugly spasm stroke on 6 that cost me a par and lipped out about an 8-foot birdie putt on 9 or I would have broke 40. Sorry for the rant analysis, but it's very cathartic.

I still got to get up there to play a round soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back