Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I have a 3 day old amp cell driver with a stiff shaft. Anyone here have a reg flex willing to trade? The high kick point is killing me.

If you don't find anyone before next Monday, I'd be willing to trade out shafts with you. I'd do it beforehand, but I have 2 charity scrambles to play in this weekend, so I need a driver.

Had a great range session after work. I think I'm figuring out how to optimize this club. I have been teeing it lower and back of where I normally have it in my stance about a ball width. I am gonna hit the range again tomorrow then play after work. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

Glad you're figuring it out Jeremiah. I've also started getting better results with my amp cell pro. Hope we're all dialed in soon.

Why not just trade shafts with someone? Which shaft is in yours?

That's what I meant. Just want to trade shafts. I have the stock fuel stiff.

I think the green is the sharpest looking. But hey I'm partial to the color for some odd reason.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I think the green is the sharpest looking. But hey I'm partial to the color for some odd reason.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!
Nothing wrong with that!!!

I'll be curious to see what they do for the british and pga.

I'm still loving the silver haha

I went blue on driver & silver on fw.
Matches my blue & silver bag ;)

tapin from my big as note 2

Just bought me an adapter, going to put it on my 46" long Matrix shaft & give that a whirl

Just bought me an adapter, going to put it on my 46" long Matrix shaft & give that a whirl

With the Blue head that will be an awesome combo!!!

Blue head, blue shaft. Now I need aa blue GP Gen2 grip ;)

I'll look when I get home.
It's a Radix HD6

Not a good match. That is a R11 tip showing in red. Still waiting on Cobra adapter

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370378507583.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370378507583.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
No worries. Just curious of how close the blue matches the head

Not a good match. That is a R11 tip showing in red. Still waiting on Cobra adapter

In the bright side, they make that same shaft in white and red.

I've officially joined the club....post on wrx quite a bit, and have lurked here a bunch but never posted.

Amp Cell Pro Silver arrives today....first shafts up for testing are a Diamana WB D+ 72S, Diamana WB 83S, and Fubuki Alpha 70X. I'd say the 72S is the presumed leader out of the gate. Looking forward to a solid weekend of testing.

I've officially joined the club....post on wrx quite a bit, and have lurked here a bunch but never posted.

Amp Cell Pro Silver arrives today....first shafts up for testing are a Diamana WB D+ 72S, Diamana WB 83S, and Fubuki Alpha 70X. I'd say the 72S is the presumed leader out of the gate. Looking forward to a solid weekend of testing.

Welcome to THP! The amp cell pro is an awesome driver, good luck with the shaft testing!

Played 36 holes on Weds. Hit tons of fairways. My flight on it is getting a lot better. I just have to lay off a little bit and all is good. I have it at 9.5D still. Been getting a nice little draw out of it. Distance has been coming back for me too. Will have more on that after playing this weekend. Going to play with Brock in Findlay at 2 courses I've never played.

Played 36 holes on Weds. Hit tons of fairways. My flight on it is getting a lot better. I just have to lay off a little bit and all is good. I have it at 9.5D still. Been getting a nice little draw out of it. Distance has been coming back for me too. Will have more on that after playing this weekend. Going to play with Brock in Findlay at 2 courses I've never played.

Good luck this weekend. Keep finding those fairways. Life is easier in the short grass

Nice dude! I haven't moved my setting yet either. Might have to fool around with it though as my fade is moving in the wrong direction. Thinking my take away is messed.

With several rounds now under my belt I am starting to appreciate this driver more and more. It has been a long time since I have had this much confidence when I step up to the tee box. I have been bouncing back and forth between 9.5* and 10.5* and there is enough of a difference that depending on the weather and the swing I brought to the course that day I can change the MyFly before I head out and get the ball flight I want to see that day. My swing right now lends itself to a solid draw that turns into a hook if I get too quick. This has allowed me to take the right side out of play and helped me get a few more yards. I am really curious how the open settings on the pro version would work with my swing. The thing I like most is how consistant the club seems to be. Misses are not punished and my dispursion has been very good. Now I need to see what this can really do and use that confidence to cut the corner on some doglegs.

With several rounds now under my belt I am starting to appreciate this driver more and more. It has been a long time since I have had this much confidence when I step up to the tee box. I have been bouncing back and forth between 9.5* and 10.5* and there is enough of a difference that depending on the weather and the swing I brought to the course that day I can change the MyFly before I head out and get the ball flight I want to see that day. My swing right now lends itself to a solid draw that turns into a hook if I get too quick. This has allowed me to take the right side out of play and helped me get a few more yards. I am really curious how the open settings on the pro version would work with my swing. The thing I like most is how consistant the club seems to be. Misses are not punished and my dispursion has been very good. Now I need to see what this can really do and use that confidence to cut the corner on some doglegs.

My feelings exactly dude. I might just play around with the settings to try to maximize it.

You guys are making me all giddy to finally hit mine today. #GoTime

Back