Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha no doubt. It's so huge and awesome!
images

FrankenLemon has arrived yussssss!

Loving mine! I was on my phone a TON yesterday. Like 5 hours of screen time and was at 73% when I went to bed last night. I also compared the size to an otter box on the s3 and they are the same size. Advantage me though because I get 3x the battery life!

Kind of electronics related;

Im looking for a new laptop/messenger bag for work, but not really wanting to break the bank and spend $100+.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Kind of electronics related;

Im looking for a new laptop/messenger bag for work, but not really wanting to break the bank and spend $100+.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Go to companycasuals.com and check out the ogio stuff. I can get any of that stuff for a great price and ship it down to you.

Cell phones

Cell phones

GALAXY S4 OR IPHONE 5, pros and cons please

I have a question about a google calendar desktop client and I thought this would be the best place to ask.

I had to use the business center at the hotel in order to print something for work and I could not remember my gmail password. I had the genius idea of forwarded the email to my gmail account and I could print it from there, but then I couldn't remember my password haha. Anyway, long story short I had to change my password and now my outlook calendar won't sync with my google calendar on my iphone. I guess at the end of 2012 Google Calendar Sync was disabled, and you could still use it if it was installed on your computer, but since I changed my password it won't work anymore.

Soooo, now I need some king of Google Calendar desktop client for my computer, because I don't want to have leave a tab open to start using google calendar on my computer. I am already annoyed that I have to use just google calendar because I love using outlook, but now that it won't sync to my phone I have to use google. So I really want to at least have an easier way to access the google calendar on my computer desktop without having the tab open. I hope all this rambling makes sense.

Morgan, I just use Web Apps with Chrome, and they have a great extension for Google Calendar.

Let me see what I can dig up for you in regards to a desktop google calendar widget.

Morgan, I just use Web Apps with Chrome, and they have a great extension for Google Calendar.

Let me see what I can dig up for you in regards to a desktop google calendar widget.

Will the calendar work offline with the web apps? I just want something simple where it basically acts like my outlook calendar. I just want to make sure whatever I put on my computer calendar will also be on my phone and vice versa, and I don't want to have to leave a tab open in my browser. I just want the calendar event to pop up to remind me, and I want to be able to quickly add an event. Bottom line...i'm lazy.

Will the calendar work offline with the web apps? I just want something simple where it basically acts like my outlook calendar. I just want to make sure whatever I put on my computer calendar will also be on my phone and vice versa, and I don't want to have to leave a tab open in my browser. I just want the calendar event to pop up to remind me, and I want to be able to quickly add an event. Bottom line...i'm lazy.
The web app has to be used in the Browser, so it's not exactly what you are looking for.

I am sure there is a google calendar widget for windows out there. Im searching now.

New camera. Have an old Nikon D70 that still works well but its just so bulky to carry around. Want something with better quality than the iPhone, smaller than the D70, does both pics/video......all for on the cheap.

Got a GroupOn deal available for the below at $149 shipped. Worth it?

Olympus SP-815UZ 14-Megapixel Digital Camera With 36x Optical Zoom – Online Deal

[h=4]Olympus 14-Megapixel Digital Camera (SP-815UZ)[/h]Use the large 3" LCD screen to frame up each shot with this Olympus digital camera. The high-resolution CCD sensor and TruePic III+ image processor capture vibrant colors and crisp image details, and the dual image stabilization feature keeps fast-paced shots from blurring. The 36x optical zoom helps you get close to subjects' faces even if you’re sitting far away in a sporting arena or across the street in the bushes.

• TruePic III+ image processor
  • 36x optical zoom
  • Wide-angle lens
  • 14 megapixels
  • High-resolution CCD sensor
  • 3D picture feature
  • 720p HD video recording
  • Dual image stabilization
  • High ISO sensitivity
  • 3" LCD screen
  • 16:9 aspect ratio
  • Panorama feature
  • Magic art filters
  • Beauty mode
  • Face detection
  • Shadow adjustment technology
In the box: Olympus SP-815UZ, battery, charger, USB cable, AV cable, strap, lens cap, software, and manual

I have an SP-510UZ that I use all the time. 36X Optical Zoom is phenomenal on the 815. I thought my 10X was good!

Olympus cameras take very nice pictures, seeing the ones a friend had is what made me go with Olympus.

Looks like it retails everywhere else for $250-$300 and you cant even get one used on Amazon for $150. 4 1/2 stars on Amazon as well.....really seems like a no brainer.

Myself and Regina were pondering hard about buying a good quality camera. After looking at a few and getting some great advice from Jersey Nate. I pulled the trigger on this bad boy today. It was €469 with no accessories from a local store but i got a great deal from www.pixmania.com €417 with a case and SD card. Pumped.

It will be coming to MB next month with us to take some shots on course.

highres-nikon-coolpix-p520-4_1364304769.jpg

Morgan, just a little clarification and I believe I have a solution to your problem. Are you saying that if you input something to your outlook calendar it won't sync to google , therefore not going to your phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Morgan, just a little clarification and I believe I have a solution to your problem. Are you saying that if you input something to your outlook calendar it won't sync to google , therefore not going to your phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yup, that's what I am saying. And vice versa, if I input something on my phone it's no longer going to my outlook. I used to be able to use Google Calendar Sync, but they disabled that now so I can't do it anymore now that I changed my password on gmail.

Yup, that's what I am saying. And vice versa, if I input something on my phone it's no longer going to my outlook. I used to be able to use Google Calendar Sync, but they disabled that now so I can't do it anymore now that I changed my password on gmail.

Ok, there is an application that works like the Google Calendar Sync called gsyncit (http://www.fieldstonsoftware.com/software/gsyncit3/) I use this on a few clients computers that love Outlook. I personally am not an outlook fan but thats for another conversation! There are 2 other options that are Outlook replacements which I believe work better especially in conjunction with Google/Gmail to sync Calendar, Contacts and Email. The first would be Zimbra Desktop (http://www.zimbra.com/) its very easy to setup and use and very closely resembles outlook in its appearance and functionality. The other is Thunderbird (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/) setup is a little more difficult and there are some functional differences which will take some getting used to but Mozilla always provides a stable platform. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back