DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I live out in Gainesville VA. I've played at Stonewall Golf Club (currently taking lessons there also), VA Oaks, Bristow Manor, also played the Gauntlet in fredericksburg. Have never played Bull Run but I've heard good things, I'd love to come out and meet some Local THP'ers! Gotta warn you though, I'm a high handicapper usually shooting in the 100's.

Your close to me. I am just outside of Warrenton but a member at Heritage Hunt. Not sure of your schedule but if you want to play 9 after work (around 3pm for me) let me know.

Hey Folks. Another Virginia golfer here, but a little more south in Richmond. I usually play a couple local courses; Westham (9 holes right now), The Crossings, River's Bend, Hunting Hawk, and others. Hope to venture out further in the future, but my 3 year old and 2 month old are holding me back right now. I usually shoot in the low 90's / upper 80's.

Nice, Maybe a meet up in Fredericksburg.

Going to play Greendale in Alexandria this afternoon. Just a Fairfax county course that is nice and easy on the wallet but also challenging, best of both worlds. I was worried about the weather after all the rain that we had yesterday but we should be good to go. My first real round in about a month so it should be interesting haha

Just found a sweet Groupon for 3 rounds at Riverfront in Suffolk for $65! Cart and bucket of range balls included with each round.

Hello folks, I live just a little south of Charlottesville. If you have a chance check out Spring Creek. It is an awesome relatively new course just north of I64 at Zion Cross Roads about 15 miles east of C-ville. They are selling a pass this summer for $55/round during the week or afternoons on weekends (includes cart, not exactly sure of the cutoff time) . I absolutely recommend it at $55, might still be worth it at full price, but not every weekend...

Play most of my golf at Old Trail in Crozet, west of C-ville, also just off of I64.

Hey Folks. Another Virginia golfer here, but a little more south in Richmond. I usually play a couple local courses; Westham (9 holes right now), The Crossings, River's Bend, Hunting Hawk, and others. Hope to venture out further in the future, but my 3 year old and 2 month old are holding me back right now. I usually shoot in the low 90's / upper 80's.

Ha Ha, my handicap doubled after my first child was born! Like The Crossings and Hunting Hawk; haven't been down to River's Bend for quite a while. Kind of thought that course was a little strange. Don't remember exactly what it was about it.....

We also occasionally venture down to Sycamore Creek as well.

I am playing at Generals Ridge this Saturday out in Manassas. Kind of a hike for me but I figure with an 8 am tee time the traffic will not be too bad either way. Anyone else ever played here? Thanks guys

I am playing at Generals Ridge this Saturday out in Manassas. Kind of a hike for me but I figure with an 8 am tee time the traffic will not be too bad either way. Anyone else ever played here? Thanks guys

I've played there once. Make sure you take a GPS or grab a yardage book. I remember a bunch of blind tee shots. Was playing with my friend's dad and he was not prepared to advise on shot placement for drives over 200 yards. :banghead: Have fun!

I've played there once. Make sure you take a GPS or grab a yardage book. I remember a bunch of blind tee shots. Was playing with my friend's dad and he was not prepared to advise on shot placement for drives over 200 yards. :banghead: Have fun!

Haha thanks man. Sounds like I might need a couple extra sleeves of balls as well. I have a Garmin S1 watch so hopefully that will be enough.

Ha Ha, my handicap doubled after my first child was born! Like The Crossings and Hunting Hawk; haven't been down to River's Bend for quite a while. Kind of thought that course was a little strange. Don't remember exactly what it was about it.....

We also occasionally venture down to Sycamore Creek as well.

So I can use this excuse? Lol I have a 7 month old.

Haha thanks man. Sounds like I might need a couple extra sleeves of balls as well. I have a Garmin S1 watch so hopefully that will be enough.

I certainly would have saved a few balls if I had known where to aim. With a GPS & yardage book you should be well armed. You playing with anyone who's been there before?

I certainly would have saved a few balls if I had known where to aim. With a GPS & yardage book you should be well armed. You playing with anyone who's been there before?

Yes I believe that one of my buddies has played there before so we should be good. Thanks for the heads up man I appreciate it.

Ha, your not far at all. My brother has played it a few times and says its a tough little course. They also have a silver certified SeeMore fitter just incase...

Ha, your not far at all. My brother has played it a few times and says its a tough little course. They also have a silver certified SeeMore fitter just incase...

Haha thanks I say kind of a hike anytime it is outside the Beltway. I am excited to play it. I can look at the SeeMore but that's about it little rich for me now haha

Your close to me. I am just outside of Warrenton but a member at Heritage Hunt. Not sure of your schedule but if you want to play 9 after work (around 3pm for me) let me know.

After work is tough for me since I work in Tyson's Corner and don't get off until 3.

Well today was interesting and awesome all at the same time. Played Generals Ridge out in Manassas this morning and I had a blast I didn't break 100 as was my goal not even close (111) but it was a beautiful day and just great to be out on the course. I had never played there before and I definitely will be back.

I had some good shots, some really bad ones and one unforgettable which was 85 yards out uphill to a front pin on a Par 5 took my trusty 56* and put it in the cup! It was for a 6 hahaha this game!

I also snapped some pics, didnt have the time to get more for a review but when I go back I hope to do one of those.

This was my look into the Par 5 for the jar out from 85 out

20130615_094046_zps7fac4265.jpg

Here is another pic, I was on for a GIR on this tough par 4 and managed a 4 putt from here.

20130615_084836_zpsa7f28511.jpg

Sorry for the long winded post just wanted to share some of what I experienced today. No it wasn't the best score but it was a great time doing something I absolutely enjoy and already cant wait for tomorrow! I have some more pics that I will post soon.

Hello folks, I live just a little south of Charlottesville. If you have a chance check out Spring Creek. It is an awesome relatively new course just north of I64 at Zion Cross Roads about 15 miles east of C-ville. They are selling a pass this summer for $55/round during the week or afternoons on weekends (includes cart, not exactly sure of the cutoff time) . I absolutely recommend it at $55, might still be worth it at full price, but not every weekend...

Play most of my golf at Old Trail in Crozet, west of C-ville, also just off of I64.

We might have to meet up sometime. I played Old Trail on a misty foggy day so I didn't get a good read on it but I liked that it was open on many holes. Kinda weird finishing hole. I played The Manor Golf Club in Farmville earlier this year and that was an awesome course especially for the $40 early bird rate that I got.

if any of you guys want to play brambleton after 3pm and walk 9 let me know, its 13.50$ monday - thurs cant beat that at all. and the course has been in decent shape for a public rec course.

whats up from frederick maryland

Anyone going to the AT&T national this year. A group of my buddies from work and I will be there Sunday. I'll be the guy rocking the THP hat! Let me know. It would be great to grab a beer with some fellow THP members.

Anyone going to the AT&T national this year. A group of my buddies from work and I will be there Sunday. I'll be the guy rocking the THP hat! Let me know. It would be great to grab a beer with some fellow THP members.

I'll be there on Saturday and will definitely be sporting the THP hat!

I'm from the Manassas area and while sort of out of the way for you guys, Old Hickory Golf Course was always nice (haven't been by in a few years though)

I live in Woodbridge, VA. Old Hickory is always in great shape when I have played there. Only knock I have on the course is the houses are kind of close on some holes.

Don't know if you all know, but Laurel Hills in Lorton, VA is hosting the U.S. Public Links Championship July 15-20. I think it is free to get in if you want to watch. I think they still need volunteers for the event too.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/golf/lhgc/

The course is in great shape. I volunteer there so I play for free.

Don't know if you all know, but Laurel Hills in Lorton, VA is hosting the U.S. Public Links Championship July 15-20. I think it is free to get in if you want to watch. I think they still need volunteers for the event too.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/golf/lhgc/

The course is in great shape. I volunteer there so I play for free.

Awesome. That is a great course especially for a county track.

I have a tee time for the Osprey's tomorrow in Lorton, VA. Has anyone got a chance to play there this season? It has been a couple years since played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back