Ontario,Western New York, Northwest Pennsylvania and surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
but not the new driver, shankosaurus, just hitting the putts like a sissy, no fade, just hitting it like a sissy! lol

Shot a 44 last night at Lakeshore. Didn't warm up and first was the worst hole of the night. Missed 5 par putts so round should have been much better.

Maddog I wasn't leaving those par putts short, just missing high or low. Two of the putts spun out. But thanks for catching that I wasn't keeping my head still when putting. It has made a big, big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had 48 on the back nine at the Pines last night with two brain-dead 7's. It was a quantum leap forward from my last 3-4 rounds.

Monday I shot 39 3 over on the front at Leroy and 42 6 over on the back yesterday. Making a combined 81. Really getting a feel for the Taylormade putter I'm testing.

Getting out tomorrow. Any updates? How's that Stage 2 working out Jimmy?

have not played yet this week, last round was with jimmy on sunday, glad i could help aaron, sometimes it takes someone else to see a little something in the swing or stroke that can make a difference. hope you guys had a good time at the THP tourny!!!!! looking forward to some tourny pics

Hope everyone got in some golf this weekend! THP Invitational was an absolute blast and I highly recommend checking one or two out. Ended up getting 3 rounds in this weekend and only had 5 more hours of sleep than that ( 8 hours total for the weekend). Friday night was at Chili Country Club and while I drove the ball well - wedges were off slightly - ended with a 46. Shot a 97 at the Invitational without warming up and had a 3-4 stretch that was bad golf. But had an absolute blast at the tournament. Also an epiphany thanks to my playing partner on Saturday - JLukes. In our conversations, I started to suspect that I had the ball a little to far back in my stance. Adjusted and started smoking the ball the rest of the round. Sunday I decided to take my lack of talent to Twin Hills and work on that set-up issue. Sure enough, I shot a 82 while losing 4 strokes over the last 3 holes because I basically ran out of gas.

How did everyone's weekend go??

Also have to follow-up on Maddog's shout out to Shef - great job on winning the closest to the pin contest!!

I haven't played there yet but I can kind of second this course because all of my friends who have played it say it's the best around for the money and I trust their judgement. I plan on getting out there this year.

Nickjack30 where do you normally play near Jamestown? I do a rotation of Cable, Blueberry, Chautauqua, North Hills, South Hills.

I am from Randolph, so most of my rounds are at Cardinal Hills, which has come a long way in the past couple years. But the courses I play around Jamestown are Cable, Blueberry, and Chautauqua.

Getting out tomorrow. Any updates? How's that Stage 2 working out Jimmy?

Not sure how I missed this one, sorry buddy! Stage 2 is working out amazing. Since I've bought this thing I haven't used the driver much at all. Truth be told I didn't use it once in the New England Invitational! Tough to justify a driver when I can rip this thing 240+ down the middle just about at will. Honestly didn't think I'd like anything more than my 5 wood, well I certainly do!

How's everyone going guys? Sorry I've been a little MIA with the thread, been real busy with work and the NE Invitational. If you guys ever get a chance to make it to a THP event you really owe it to yourself. NE was my second and it just gets better and better. The courses are amazing and the people are even better!

Forecast doesn't look very good for us the next couple of days hoping to get some range time and a round or two in before Saturday, Maddog and I have a members tourney on Saturday at LeRoy.

How's everyone going guys? Sorry I've been a little MIA with the thread, been real busy with work and the NE Invitational. If you guys ever get a chance to make it to a THP event you really owe it to yourself. NE was my second and it just gets better and better. The courses are amazing and the people are even better!

Forecast doesn't look very good for us the next couple of days hoping to get some range time and a round or two in before Saturday, Maddog and I have a members tourney on Saturday at LeRoy.

Practiced putting for 1.5 hours today. Pro fitted me up to an Odyssey Versa #9. The one with a ton of toe hang. I love it. Might be getting it in a month or so.

Practiced putting for 1.5 hours today. Pro fitted me up to an Odyssey Versa #9. The one with a ton of toe hang. I love it. Might be getting it in a month or so.

Oh nice! Bet you're kinda happy you didn't pull the trigger on the GoLow now huh? Lil cheaper and fit to ya, can't beat that.

Had a great time at the THP NE Invitational. Didn't exactly cover myself with glory, but at least I got off the first tee successfully with the entire group watching.

Of course, tonight I sub in a league at Deerfield and shot 41 on the East course. I should have broken 40, but I doubled the last hole (a par 3).

Now where exactly was THAT on Saturday?

Had a great time at the THP NE Invitational. Didn't exactly cover myself with glory, but at least I got off the first tee successfully with the entire group watching.

Of course, tonight I sub in a league at Deerfield and shot 41 on the East course. I should have broken 40, but I doubled the last hole (a par 3).

Now where exactly was THAT on Saturday?

Same display case that the donuts and black velvet cake were!!

Oh nice! Bet you're kinda happy you didn't pull the trigger on the GoLow now huh? Lil cheaper and fit to ya, can't beat that.

Yeah, saves me more than $100 and I like it a ton. Never thought that would be the style of putter that would fit me, but it is. So cool how the ball almost breaks right to left even on straight puts because of the closing of the face. To end my practice session I drained a 60-footer 1st try with it. I just wish there was a sight line.

Yeah, saves me more than $100 and I like it a ton. Never thought that would be the style of putter that would fit me, but it is. So cool how the ball almost breaks right to left even on straight puts because of the closing of the face. To end my practice session I drained a 60-footer 1st try with it. I just wish there was a sight line.

Nice!! Nothing better than having absolute confidence in your putter.

Nice!! Nothing better than having absolute confidence in your putter.

I'm not sure if it's honeymoon period or just the way the way the fitting found that putter, but 8-footers with a little right-to-left break are absolute money. I'm draining everything that breaks right-to-left (and other putts) because of how I see the line. I used the Eye-Line board to determine head shape and it works. I almost bought a PING Nome or DLL before this. Good thing I got fitted first.

I'm not sure if it's honeymoon period or just the way the way the fitting found that putter, but 8-footers with a little right-to-left break are absolute money. I'm draining everything that breaks right-to-left (and other putts) because of how I see the line. I used the Eye-Line board to determine head shape and it works. I almost bought a PING Nome or DLL before this. Good thing I got fitted first.

So what happens when the putt is left to right? :)

So Six4Three5, aka 90210 along with Shankapotomus and I are potentially talking about a Saturday afternoon round at Terry Hills. Anyone interested in joining us?

So Six4Three5, aka 90210 along with Shankapotomus and I are potentially talking about a Saturday afternoon round at Terry Hills. Anyone interested in joining us?
unfortunately I have clients on Sat. afternoon and sorry I haven't been on the board.Been some issues to deal with but time will take care of it.Talk soon!

Long round today. Chili certainly doesn't go along with the USGA's "while we're young" push. Long round today with Maddog and Amsmith today. Fun but long. Good thing a lot of laughs were had!

edamuse6.jpg

jegete7u.jpg

Long round today. Chili certainly doesn't go along with the USGA's "while we're young" push. Long round today with Maddog and Amsmith today. Fun but long. Good thing a lot of laughs were had!

edamuse6.jpg

jegete7u.jpg

That was the longest 7 holes I have ever played. Once again though I laughed the entire time through.

a great weather day, and a great time for laughs, not so good for a nice paced golf round at chilli. saw some good shots hit today. found out pinacle golf balls were on sale ( thanks aaron ) . was also told to ask shankosauras if he had any dougnuts left?

a great weather day, and a great time for laughs, not so good for a nice paced golf round at chilli. saw some good shots hit today. found out pinacle golf balls were on sale ( thanks aaron ) . was also told to ask shankosauras if he had any dougnuts left?

They were on sale courtesy of the driving range that ran along #9. Free to anyone who made to the fairway before dark!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back