Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

I am finally seeing the ball flight and trajectory I saw at the demo day I attended in early in the year.

Are you talking about that day at Waterlefe? I remember you were bombing it that round.

Hit the X Hot 8 times off the tee today. Played a tight course so it was a good test. The funny thing about the two rounds I've used the X Hot is that I don't always feel like I am hitting it particularly well but the results have been nothing but good so far. I hit a few today that I felt like I had lost left but it always seem to stay in play. Only hit 4/8 fairways with the X Hot with two of those being only a yard into the rough. I feel very much in control with this driver and am ready to spend some time range/course time with it to get it dialed in.

Hit the X Hot 8 times off the tee today. Played a tight course so it was a good test. The funny thing about the two rounds I've used the X Hot is that I don't always feel like I am hitting it particularly well but the results have been nothing but good so far. I hit a few today that I felt like I had lost left but it always seem to stay in play. Only hit 4/8 fairways with the X Hot with two of those being only a yard into the rough. I feel very much in control with this driver and am ready to spend some time range/course time with it to get it dialed in.

Sounds like you are having some good results so far. My swing is off but the 10.5 is helping me get the ball up and out pretty well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like you are having some good results so far. My swing is off but the 10.5 is helping me get the ball up and out pretty well.

I don't feel like I'm swinging particularly great right now and am still hitting it well. Can't wait to see what it's like once I get it dialed in.

walked out of EW in Orlando with a shiny new xhot driver today. thanks to Tadashi for the recommendation of a great guy at EW on Frontage Road. Jeff really took care of me. Now to get this thing on the course!

walked out of EW in Orlando with a shiny new xhot driver today. thanks to Tadashi for the recommendation of a great guy at EW on Frontage Road. Jeff really took care of me. Now to get this thing on the course!

You are going to love that driver, I have never been more confident with any driver ever before.

You are going to love that driver, I have never been more confident with any driver ever before.

That sounds great, I would love to be confident over my driver again. the thing is a beauty thats for sure...it basically screams confidence...

On a side note...where do you play around Milledgeville? My wife's aunt lives on the lake in Eatonton and we visit her each summer but I have never seen a course within reasonable driving distance (now that I think of it, not much of anything is within reasonable distance). Would love to have a golf option next time we visit...

I've got to change the shaft in this Xhot driver.. With the 6.0 in it I'm all over the place. Not sure if I should go 6.5 or go a totally different shaft

That sounds great, I would love to be confident over my driver again. the thing is a beauty thats for sure...it basically screams confidence...

On a side note...where do you play around Milledgeville? My wife's aunt lives on the lake in Eatonton and we visit her each summer but I have never seen a course within reasonable driving distance (now that I think of it, not much of anything is within reasonable distance). Would love to have a golf option next time we visit...

Get in touch, there are a lot of options in the area. We may even visit Ole Gray and Kelly Bo in Monroe.

I've got to change the shaft in this Xhot driver.. With the 6.0 in it I'm all over the place. Not sure if I should go 6.5 or go a totally different shaft

I am gaming the Miyazaki C Kua pulled from last years Cleveland Classic. It is a really great combination for me.

B Asha. You're welcome.

Meh. I'd say just cut it down. 45 3/4" is too long for a driver anyways. I bet it would help a ton. 3/4" less shaft is a way bigger difference than you'd think.

Meh. I'd say just cut it down. 45 3/4" is too long for a driver anyways. I bet it would help a ton. 3/4" less shaft is a way bigger difference than you'd think.

I got tired of the sales rep not sending tge oban devotion 7 and grabbed the matrix 7m3 in the fitting cart. Took me a few rounds but I really feel like I am hitting it right an the screws and have the flight I was looking for. Still a little higher than the oban but lower than the the project x. Titleist 910 is back in the trunk.

I really wanted this to be the one since I picked up the XHotPro irons. It wasn't meant to be though. For me the X Hot Pro driver was mid launch and pretty high spin. Just couldn't get numbers that I wanted out of it. Too bad.

I really wanted this to be the one since I picked up the XHotPro irons. It wasn't meant to be though. For me the X Hot Pro driver was mid launch and pretty high spin. Just couldn't get numbers that I wanted out of it. Too bad.

It happens. Gotta find something that works.

Another great day with this club. Only got to pull it 4 times on the 9 holes I played yesterday. Drilled 3 fairways and the 4th I hit it straight through. If there is a better driver, shaft combination on the market for me right now I would be shocked. It feels like they made this driver with my swing in mind.

Took this out for the first time today. Got 36 holes in and hit 12 total fairways. However not many misses were bad misses and some were because I should have hit 3w on short par 4's but I wanted to hit my new driver dang it!

My right side miss is basically gone but now I am pulling and hooking the ball left with the square face position. I think the culprit is the anti right ball position and stance I have become accustomed to due to my old driver. I am looking forward to hitting the range when I get home and seeing if I can iron this out. Overall I am happy with the direction I am going. The ball flight reminds me a lot of my old ft3 driver which I absolutely loved. Feels forgiving and hits it a good distance for me. I'll be able to judge better when I get home on familiar courses (and get some freaking roll on the fairway!)

Stock swing with non stock results. The xhot pro is a beast! I'm going to try one other combination of shaft. Devo6 will be in play early next week

I played yesterday and only missed 1 of the 12 FWs when I used driver. That drive would have possibly been in the fairway too but I was playing over some trees and did not quite get the ball high enough so I caught a tree, it kicked left and had it kicked right I would probably have been in that FW too.

I also compared the C Kua shaft with the Phenom for the 3rd time on course and it is a definite win for the C Kua for me, I just don't seem to maintain my tempo with the Phenom.

I may have sold a driver for Callaway today. I played with a coworker that is an extremely long hitter. He asked to hit my XHot Pro driver. First swing taped out at 294 yards.

He LOVED the sound, feel and performance.

The magic is gone lol. My driver swing is struggling. Still hung in there, which is probably a testament to the forgiveness of the head.

Don't know if it's the club/shaft combo or what but I am just killing this thing. I know it sounds over exaggerated but I tell you what, my playing partners have now all bought the XHot after seeing what it's done for me.
I do know that I put a ton of range time in and really worked on my drivers swing, so that coupled with the forgiving design and the awesome shaft it's just been lethal.
I hit several now that you just kind of stand back and watch and say holy cow where did that come from.
I was an average 245-260 before working on the swing and getting the XHot, most that attended Dallas can tell you I'm an old fart that is a short knocker.
Well the last 3 rounds I have had 17 drives in excess of 285 yards and 3 over 300. These were all GPS and Lasered by the 12 group I play with.
The last one being a 350 yard par 4 and I had a 27 yard pitch into the green after the tee shot but I did have an 8mph tail wind:arrogant:.

Don't know if it's the club/shaft combo or what but I am just killing this thing. I know it sounds over exaggerated but I tell you what, my playing partners have now all bought the XHot after seeing what it's done for me.
I do know that I put a ton of range time in and really worked on my drivers swing, so that coupled with the forgiving design and the awesome shaft it's just been lethal.
I hit several now that you just kind of stand back and watch and say holy cow where did that come from.
I was an average 245-260 before working on the swing and getting the XHot, most that attended Dallas can tell you I'm an old fart that is a short knocker.
Well the last 3 rounds I have had 17 drives in excess of 285 yards and 3 over 300. These were all GPS and Lasered by the 12 group I play with.
The last one being a 350 yard par 4 and I had a 27 yard pitch into the green after the tee shot but I did have an 8mph tail wind:arrogant:.

I have heard a bunch of praise over the Black Tie shafts in these and the Razr Fit drivers. I know driver shafts fit individuals differently but, in general, what is it that the Black Tie does over the stock shaft that seems to make it so much better?

Played nine today and hit the X Hot very accurately. Missed a few fairways but only just off the fairway and in good shape. I still don't feel like I have it dialed and "hitting it on the screws". Just need a little more range time.

I have heard a bunch of praise over the Black Tie shafts in these and the Razr Fit drivers. I know driver shafts fit individuals differently but, in general, what is it that the Black Tie does over the stock shaft that seems to make it so much better?

The stock shaft launched way to high for me and had a bunch of spin. The Black Tie lowered all the numbers considerably.

Back