Few ball questions.

dustklose

Re-Addicted
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
So I'm sure this has been said before, but I couldn't think of what to search under, so go ahead and link me to a thread if you know of one.

I wanted to try a few balls, a local guy tried helping me out a bit. i ended up getting sleeves of the Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone Tour B330-S, and Srixon Z-Star. Honestly I thought the Zstar performed best off my short irons, but I liked the Bridgestone with my long irons, driving, and putter.

In order for me to get the ball undercontrol on my drives, I had to slow down a bit, with me liking the B330-S, and having a slower swing speed, I was wondering if the B330-RX wouldn't be the better fit.

Also if anyone else had advice on other balls that compare to the B330 series, please let me know.

AND please dont hate cuz i didnt like the Pro V1 :alien2::alien2::bananadance::banana::banana:

I agree with what you say 100%. The B330RX will perform most like the Z-Star and the Pro V1. It is designed for slower speeds under 95mph. Definitely give them a try.

I love the Z-Star and consider it one of the best on the market.

I'll have to get back up to fargo (should be goin tomorrow for a bachelor party) and pick up a sleeve of the RX.

I am not sure what your swing speed is, but I only have a 90mph club head speed and usually use a Bridgestone e6. The guy at the store suggested I drop down to the e7 or Srixon Soft Feel, so I bought the Srixon today and they actually feel and work pretty good. I probably gained about 10 yards I think. I am not sure about this as it was a new course, but tomorrow I will know for sure as I play my home course in the morning. They felt good around the greens also and coming off the face of the putter, The e6s really jump off the face of the putter.

I am not sure what your swing speed is, but I only have a 90mph club head speed and usually use a Bridgestone e6. The guy at the store suggested I drop down to the e7 or Srixon Soft Feel, so I bought the Srixon today and they actually feel and work pretty good. I probably gained about 10 yards I think. I am not sure about this as it was a new course, but tomorrow I will know for sure as I play my home course in the morning. They felt good around the greens also and coming off the face of the putter, The e6s really jump off the face of the putter.

The difference between the E7+ and the E6+ really is not much about swing speed. It is more about what you are trying to fix with your ball. The E series by Bridgestone is in many ways their Trouble Shooting section and the difference between E6+ and E7+ is one is for keeping the ball straight and one is for lowering trajectory.

JB's right, it's more what the dimple pattern is designed to do for your ball flight. Also, the e6+ seems to feel a little softer due to a lower compression core - the e7+ is actually firmer than a B330-RX compression-wise.

I didn't get to pick up the B330-RX tonight, but I am going to pick some up as soon as I get the chance to. I do agree they will work better than the B330-S and Iliked them to begin with.

Back