Footjoy Wintersof

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I have Winter golf gloves. I can't remember the brand. I wouldn't play without them, but will tell you that in really cold weather - they'll keep you warmer, but not warm. Of course, you won't be at the range for the same length of time as a round will take so you should be fine.

I have these and highly recommend them. They really helped out last winter.

I have these and highly recommend them. They really helped out last winter.

Would you use them in a WI Winter?

i came in here to start a thread on these, they have had good reviews over here on boards, so i thought id put it to yourselves, but ,.... :p you got there before me :p

well, i bought 2 packs last night online, one for my bros birthday, and a pack for me... as im playing the K Club next week... and i wana not be hindered too much by potential rain :p

:D

I just got some myself. Won a $25 gift certificate at a tournament and used it to buy these for those rare occasions when I play in the cold. I haven't used them before, but I tried them out a little when it wasn't cold and they seem like they will be fine to play in. A friend of mine has had some for a long time and loves them.

The first time out with Winter golf gloves is always a bit of an adjustment because I'm not used to wearing two gloves.

Bake-

Do you have a dome or a heated range or something?

We have Vitense which is a heated range, 80,000 btu heaters above each bay. I have been there in temps of 10º & was able to practice without a jacket.

Supposedly Cherokee GC near the airport also has some form of heated setup. It's where Steve Stricker practices in the winter.

As far as the gloves go, I have a pair of Taylor Made 32º & they work nicely.

Bake-

Do you have a dome or a heated range or something?
I go to that Vitense driving range that Dyna speaks of, but only about half of the spots have a heater, so I dont know if I will always have access to a spot with a heater.
I have tried them. They work well. However I will say WITHOUT A DOUBT, that the Nike ones in our Nike Weather Unboxing work SO MUCH BETTER.

Nike Weather Proofing Unboxing - The Hackers Paradise
JB, you should know by now that I wont buy ANYTHING Nike.
Im open to brands other than Footjoy, but Nike isnt one of them.

I go to that Vitense driving range that Dyna speaks of, but only about half of the spots have a heater, so I dont know if I will always have access to a spot with a heater.

JB, you should know by now that I wont buy ANYTHING Nike.
Im open to brands other than Footjoy, but Nike isnt one of them.

Totally up to you. I try personally to be open to just about any brand, but each person is different. If Nike is not an option, there are only two brands to look at that are high quality. The FJ's your discussing here and the adidas Golf version which we will have a review on very soon.

Thanks, JB. I cant stand Nike and I dont think I could live with myself if I had anything with the swoosh on them.
You are right though, to each their own. I try to stay open to any brand as well, but not Nike.

Not sure what's wrong with Nike; The gloves really do work well. For warmth, a pair of golf mitts works best. Sorry...off topic.

I've used these once where I live and they worked well. It doesn't get very cold here but one day earlier in the year I used these along with foot warmers in my shoes when it was in the 40's.

I know, we're spoiled here with our year round golfing abilities. :)

Not sure what's wrong with Nike; The gloves really do work well. For warmth, a pair of golf mitts works best. Sorry...off topic.
I have a personal problem with Nike. Im just going to leave it at that.

I ended up buying a pair of Mizuno Thermagrips on Ebay. I got them for less than list price and with free shipping, so Im happy.
The thing I didnt like about the FJs is they dont have an adjustable strap on the wrist. I like the Mizunos because they do, which allows me to get a tighter fit out of them. I prefer gloves that fit snugly, so that was a big deal to me.
I wear the Mizuno Retroflex during the summer months and I love them, so hopfully Im just as happy with the Thermagrip.
I played a round on Saturday and the temps were in the high 30s with a 20 mph wind and I was kinda cold. I was fine once I had walked a few holes and got the blood pumping, but I was pretty chilly and struggled to get loose on the first tee.

Thanks, JB. I cant stand Nike and I dont think I could live with myself if I had anything with the swoosh on them.
You are right though, to each their own. I try to stay open to any brand as well, but not Nike.

I'm with ya Bake. I have the same issue with Taylormade stuff. No rhyme or reason to it but I don't buy anything or even look at TM gear. I know I'm prob shorting myself on some good stuff but it's a hang up I have.

Back