thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
The state of Nebraska simply shuts down when the game comes on unless your business has a TV, lol. I was born and raised in Kansas, lived 16 years in Missouri, about 45 minutes from their stadium, yet after 4 years in NE I can say it still amazes me.

Liz and I headed over to some friends house to watch the game and here in a town of 26000 we spotted about 5 car's on the streets. Stopped at Wally World to pick up stuff and they had the pre-game on over their intercom and of course all the tv's were set to the game, lmao.

I'm not bagging on them, I think it's great as long as they win! After the game my busineses will be busy with happy customers. If not, were slow with the crankiest people on earth, :angry:

There are quite a few areas like that. Alabama is another one. A lot of it has to do with areas where there are not a lot of other teams and/or pro teams.

I never really thought of that, but do you really feel the Chiefs are a pro team, lol? Kiddin Smallie, I still watch every game.

I haven't check but a friend just told me Nebraska just lost 9 to 7. He said Nebraska had something like 7 turn overs.

Huge Husker fan! That game today hurt my feelings!:at-wits-end:
I will say the Husker defense looks incredible! Suh is the truth!

yeah, you would think if our defense could keep them to 9 after that many give away's the offense could score something??? Lot's of unhappy corncob's down this direction, lol.

I can imagine. It ruined my day for a bit and then I thought how good the defense played and saw that as a positive. It still hurts anytime The Huskers lose to Iowa State. Still in the race for the North though. K-State leads now and I don't see them keeping up.

Good point!

Here in Madison its like that too. If the Badgers are playing, thats all that most people can think about.
Its kind of nice actually, because the farmer's market is less crowded, theres a few restaurants that youd never be able to get into that arent all that crowded and theres shorter lines at the stores.
The only problems is that Id rathar be at the game or home watching it on TV than to be out and about.

It was the same way in Gainesville when I went to school at UF. I wasn't there for a winnin season so we lost quite a few times. If the Gators won a game the whole town would go crazy and business would clean up. If they lost, it was like a ghost town, everyone just stayed home and mourned.

I can imagine. It ruined my day for a bit and then I thought how good the defense played and saw that as a positive. It still hurts anytime The Huskers lose to Iowa State. Still in the race for the North though. K-State leads now and I don't see them keeping up.

Yep, and this guy is very happy with the Wildcat's position. I figured that KSU would be a better team this year than last, but that the record wouldn't show it. If KSU can win their remaining home games (KU and Mizzou) they should be in a good position to win the North.

I spent a summer (2004) in Lincoln right before I graduated college and it was pretty fun being one of the few non-Husker fans.

We've become fan's here unless they are playing KSU, lol. I'm not all that big of a college football fan to begin with, but my GF has KSU and KU outfits just to wear on those occasions and of course my buddy's love to argue with her...hehe.

The state of Nebraska simply shuts down when the game comes on unless your business has a TV, lol. I was born and raised in Kansas, lived 16 years in Missouri, about 45 minutes from their stadium, yet after 4 years in NE I can say it still amazes me.

Liz and I headed over to some friends house to watch the game and here in a town of 26000 we spotted about 5 car's on the streets. Stopped at Wally World to pick up stuff and they had the pre-game on over their intercom and of course all the tv's were set to the game, lmao.

I'm not bagging on them, I think it's great as long as they win! After the game my busineses will be busy with happy customers. If not, were slow with the crankiest people on earth, :angry:

What else is there to do in Nebraska, husk corn? :eyepoke:

At least here in Colorado, when our college teams suck (usually :confused2:), we have lots of other options. Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, skiing, hiking, fishing, golf, and on and on. No shortage of indoor or outdoor leisure activities. :banana:

You would be surprised what's here to do Fourputt. Most of the time we sit around making fun of Colorado, lol. Besides, I don't care much for heights. Slideing down a mountain just don't seem like something for me.

I will say there is some great fishing to be had here. My freezer is always full and some pretty darn nice golf as long as you guy's keep your cold weather over there.

Yep, and this guy is very happy with the Wildcat's position. I figured that KSU would be a better team this year than last, but that the record wouldn't show it. If KSU can win their remaining home games (KU and Mizzou) they should be in a good position to win the North.

I spent a summer (2004) in Lincoln right before I graduated college and it was pretty fun being one of the few non-Husker fans.

I thought the loss of Josh Freeman would make a bigger impact. I was wrong. It is nice to see K-State adding a little more legitimacy to the North. I have a friend who is a huge K-State fan so she keeps me updated (with a little smack talk of course) of the goings on in Manhattan. K-State is a team that scares me a bit the the Huskers offensive woes.

I've been a Nebraska fan since the very late '60s, since we had a family friend playing tight end for them. He wound up being drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals and was Jackie Smith's backup for most of his career.

His name is Jim McFarland, if that means anything to the Nebraska folks (he is an attorney and I think he served in Nebraska politics for a term or two).

As a native Marylander, now living in Omaha, NE (for about 4 years now), I was amazed at the Nebraska following. From the East coast, I always knew Nebraska had a good fan following, but never realized how EVERYONE watches the games, and how on Friday's at work, and game day Saturday's everyone is decked out in their Husker red. I've come to find that the best thing about it is if the weather is cooperating, game day Saturday's in the fall is the best time to go golfing. Can get on any course, and play at a good pace.

Good point CWill, the courses are pretty well open on game day's, lol. I have to admit, I played yesterday after the game, with my red on.

Did it again today, once again in red. The Chiefs lost too... maybe it's me??

Well, your Chiefs did take care of business against my Skins last week. It is going to be a long season for them I'm afraid. Tomorrow night against the Eagles probably won't be pretty.

Back