The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
#hashtaghashtag
#weeknightdrinkinglikeaboss
#rumisforcollegegirlswhodon'tlikethetastwofalcohol

#HashTagFail #NoApostraphesInHashTags

Would anyone think different of me if I partook in tonight's week night festivities drinking these?:
yvutehyg.jpg

Would anyone think different of me if I partook in tonight's week night festivities drinking these?:
yvutehyg.jpg

Gross. Hitler drank Bud products.

Sometimes when working on creating certain things for THP, I think big picture and forget that because everybody here is not capable of that (for obvious reasons), some of these awesome things will no doubt leave people sad and feeling left out.

Its something I have to get better at, but at the same time, never want to rest on innovation and creation. There has to be a happy medium somewhere, but on the interwebs, and with the friendships that we have with so many here, I am not sure I have found it or will find it.

Each time I think "happy day" it ends up making me feel "sad day" for those that are not feeling the same way.

But next time you feel sad, do me one favor and think back to THP a few years ago and look at it today. Think back about not getting selected for something that might have happened once in a lifetime and now appears to be once a month. Think back at the small chat room that has turned into one of the largest golf communities/websites in the world. But most importantly think back at all the innovation and trust me when I say "You ain't seen nothing yet"!

Sometimes when working on creating certain things for THP, I think big picture and forget that because everybody here is not capable of that (for obvious reasons), some of these awesome things will no doubt leave people sad and feeling left out.

Its something I have to get better at, but at the same time, never want to rest on innovation and creation. There has to be a happy medium somewhere, but on the interwebs, and with the friendships that we have with so many here, I am not sure I have found it or will find it.

Each time I think "happy day" it ends up making me feel "sad day" for those that are not feeling the same way.

But next time you feel sad, do me one favor and think back to THP a few years ago and look at it today. Think back about not getting selected for something that might have happened once in a lifetime and now appears to be once a month. Think back at the small chat room that has turned into one of the largest golf communities/websites in the world. But most importantly think back at all the innovation and trust me when I say "You ain't seen nothing yet"!

I'm quite serious with this boss. Can we talk about this in IL?

You are truly an awesome person. I haven't met you yet, but I will one day. The first round is on me..

I'm quite serious with this boss. Can we talk about this in IL?

Im always available to chat at events.

You are truly an awesome person. I haven't met you yet, but I will one day. The first round is on me..

That is kind of you, but truly not needed. Just a guy that believes in what he does and anybody here would feel the same way. Just hard seeing innovation and creation get people upset when it should be a happy day. It pains me and is the reason that 2013 was the birth of the new THP and 2014 will usher in even more changes.

@JB, while every time there is a contest I want to participate and win, I don't think I've ever been disappointed that I didn't, because there are so many deserving people on this forum.

Now i just need to get my own stuff settled so I can make it to some kind of event. Haha

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Even way out in the PNW the only thing keeping me from THP events is myself and my own issues. JB, you have nothing to feel bad about and you should be extremely proud of this community and home that you and GG have created, sustained and work at every day.

@JB, while every time there is a contest I want to participate and win, I don't think I've ever been disappointed that I didn't, because there are so many deserving people on this forum.

Now i just need to get my own stuff settled so I can make it to some kind of event. Haha

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Well said Joseph. I've only been on here for 2 months and love it! There's always going to be people that can't be satisfied, and you can't let them ruin it. There are tons of great people on here. So JB, when your happy day turns to a sad day, remember all the people you have met/will meet (me in IL for example) and the positive impact they have made on your life. Greatest forum/site ever and the massive following proves just that.

Im always available to chat at events.

Short version, don't ever feel like you're letting any of us down. You have no obligation to pander or cater special for us northerner or financially committed to other things.

If there is anybody with special concerns making you feel guilty for not going out of your way to appease those special concerns, well [auto-censor] them.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

This is where we agree and disagree buddy. There are tons of wonderful members here. I mean tons and I would be honored to tee it up with just about all of them. But I dont think anybody deserves anything...Including me.

However sometimes I think that I am wrong and I know for a fact that many people disagree with my thoughts on that, but they are mine and I believe in them. The people that help make THP run daily and keep this place what it is I believe get quite a bit out of it and we are always there if they need more out of it.

But I also dont believe anybody "deserves" winning. Most contests on THP are the luck of the draw. People think they are fixed any way (which they are not and anybody close to us knows that), yet we have had more first time winners than just about any place out there. Sometimes judging is involved and creativity is brought in. We always use multiple judges to keep it fair and heck even had judging done live via webcam by two LPGA players and were accused of "cheating" so we know its a lose lose situation. That is to be expected, but I dont have to like it.

Im not looking for pity guys. Im not looking for anything. Just explaining that eventually something has to give, because you cant keep doing things for others if in the end, you alienate more than are happy. That was the old THP, and this year brought on the new THP and based on how many emails and PMs we get weekly saying how much people are loving the community and site now, certain things are far better now.

This is where we agree and disagree buddy. There are tons of wonderful members here. I mean tons and I would be honored to tee it up with just about all of them. But I dont think anybody deserves anything...Including me.

However sometimes I think that I am wrong and I know for a fact that many people disagree with my thoughts on that, but they are mine and I believe in them. The people that help make THP run daily and keep this place what it is I believe get quite a bit out of it and we are always there if they need more out of it.

But I also dont believe anybody "deserves" winning. Most contests on THP are the luck of the draw. People think they are fixed any way (which they are not and anybody close to us knows that), yet we have had more first time winners than just about any place out there. Sometimes judging is involved and creativity is brought in. We always use multiple judges to keep it fair and heck even had judging done live via webcam by two LPGA players and were accused of "cheating" so we know its a lose lose situation. That is to be expected, but I dont have to like it.

Im not looking for pity guys. Im not looking for anything. Just explaining that eventually something has to give, because you cant keep doing things for others if in the end, you alienate more than are happy. That was the old THP, and this year brought on the new THP and based on how many emails and PMs we get weekly saying how much people are loving the community and site now, certain things are far better now.

In the end Josh, the site will only go as far as you and Morgan can dream. People will fall by the wayside or get left behind, its just a part of life. You guys have taken this community to a new level, sure you have had help along the way but it all starts with you and Morgan's passion and creativity. You definitely know that you will never please everyone but doing the right thing isnt always easy. Whatever you do, you will have WAY more people supporting you than against you.

I played in a charity scramble today. I demolished my longest round ever and it's not even close. 7 hours. 20 minute waits on every tee box. 93 degrees. Bloody awful. Luckily we had a breeze.

By the way, hi, I'm Jeff.

I played in a charity scramble today. I demolished my longest round ever and it's not even close. 7 hours. 20 minute waits on every tee box. 93 degrees. Bloody awful. Luckily we had a breeze.

By the way, hi, I'm Jeff.

How did you not kill someone? That's stupid and should be punishable by something painful

How did you not kill someone? That's stupid and should be punishable by something painful

There was no where to effing go. It was unreal. The culprits were still on the course with one to play, 45 minutes after we turned in our card. The events organizer went out there, told them to write down a par because they were done. Lol. 7 effing hours. We teed off at 10 on the dot. Turned in our card shortly after 5.

There was no where to effing go. It was unreal. The culprits were still on the course with one to play, 45 minutes after we turned in our card. The events organizer went out there, told them to write down a par because they were done. Lol. 7 effing hours. We teed off at 10 on the dot. Turned in our card shortly after 5.

That's just awful. Isn't there usually a double par limit or something in those?

@JB, hmm maybe deserving was a bad word. I know the contests aren't rigged, heck I got chosen to test a club.

I havn't been around that long, and was actually gone for quite a bit of time in the middle. In that time I witnessed the end of the 2nd Morgan Cup, and the beginning of the 3rd, I was around for Team Albatross' and Team Dot Com's creation, a contest that was expanded, not because who entered but because it was so close between the two, and within that two people got to go to the Morgan Cup because they submitted Albatross at the same time. I checked out of golf and this forum shortly after that, come back and this place is better then it was before (which I thought was among already) and pretty quickly I got my first chance to test equipment, the weather looked like ahead of time it wasn't going to cooperate so I offered to pull out of the selection, even sent a pm but you reassured me it would be fine. And now we have most recently The Ultimate Club Testing 1 & 2, and the #Grandaddy.

I can understand why someone would get down because they didn't win, or didn't get in, but personally I'm always happy I even got the chance, these contests, the events they're unheard of and except for the Morgan Cup (due to handicap) I could participate or try to participate in every single one, it blows my mind.

And like a mad scientist you keep coming up with things, and it's happening more often.

If you're disappointed you didn't win something, or whatever just wait a week and there's a good chance you get to try for something else.

Still can not articulate properly how I feel.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

That's just awful. Isn't there usually a double par limit or something in those?

That's what is so damn crazy. Double limit. So either they were drunk or something. I told my buddy, that s**t has to come down to the other group playing with them. I mean, how can you not notice that tee boxes are getting three deep? I mean, the group playing with them (whom I know and know aren't slow) HAS to say something. I mean, a gentle bark up the tree usually can get people moving faster. Luckily it wasn't me, because I would have went nuclear.

Hi Jeff.

Hi, my fellow pale friend. SPF 100 today. Not messing around anymore.

You only have to learn that lesson once. I still can't believe how red you were, made me forget about my legs being torched!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back