Leaves, Leaves and More Leaves

Diane

Reaction score
I love the way the courses around here look in the Autumn, but the leaves are falling like crazy and even though they'll blow the course on Sunday - there will still be a lot down. I'm thinking I need to pack extra balls because I'm bound to not only lose them in the water, but under the leaves as well. I find there is nothing more frustrating than losing a ball on the fairway under leaves. Are you guys experiencing this too?

I love the way the courses around here look in the Autumn, but the leaves are falling like crazy and even though they'll blow the course on Sunday - there will still be a lot down. I'm thinking I need to pack extra balls because I'm bound to not only lose them in the water, but under the leaves as well. I find there is nothing more frustrating than losing a ball on the fairway under leaves. Are you guys experiencing this too?

It happens, but the worst is on a windy day when you can't keep the green clear between your ball and the cup.

It happens, but the worst is on a windy day when you can't keep the green clear between your ball and the cup.

You're right - that's not much fun either.

No I live in the desert.....

I have lost balls due to leaves in Vegas. Some of the older courses have some pretty big trees. I don't mind it so much, but it is disheartening to have to add strokes due to lost balls. Fortunately the leaf problem does not last very long around here.

When it gets bad here - most courses will invoke a leaf rule that allows you a drop in a place to be determined by your entire group.

When it gets bad here - most courses will invoke a leaf rule that allows you a drop in a place to be determined by your entire group.
I like that rule! Hasn't happened this year yet, but last year I lost a number of golf balls under the leaves.

No leaves but lots of goose feathers around the ponds. Hard to find your ball in the middle of them.

No leaves in the desert, but if i were to buy a leaf blower would that help my game any?

It's a good rule because people could easily inflate their scores. I'm not talking about a ball deep in the woods, but just off the fairway and you can't find the dang thing.

Leaves suck. So does clover when it's blooming.

No leaves but lots of goose feathers around the ponds. Hard to find your ball in the middle of them.

Leaves suck. So does clover when it's blooming.

Both are a problem here in the summer, but you usually stumble across your ball. With the leaves, you almost never find it unless there is a gust of wind.

And if you are lucky enough to get a gust of wind, some more leaves usually wind up in the same place the other ones were.

And if you are lucky enough to get a gust of wind, some more leaves usually wind up in the same place the other ones were.

Who are you and what did you do with Smallie? His glass is always half full.

Losing your ball in the leaves can be pretty frustrating. Its part of fall golf though. What I find even more frustrating about leaves is that you have to clear a little path on the green for when you putt.
Dealing with the leaves is well worth all the natural beauty of autumn though, IMO...

Smallie doesn't like to deal with looking for golf balls under leaves!

Smallie doesn't like to deal with looking for golf balls under leaves!

I'm not sure I like cranky Smallie with his half empty glass. Makes me feel like I'm talking to Dyna or Grogger.

We have a public course here that has the fairways really close together. Maybe a row of trees separating them. They have a guy riding around on a little tractor that has this big blower thing that blows the leaves sideways off the fairways. Problem is, in a lot of instances while blowing the leaves off one fairway, he is blowing leaves on to the adjacent fairway, which sometimes is the one he just cleaned. Good work if you can get it. :clapp:

On the bright side, it is getting a little easier to hit the ball through the trees this time of year!:alien2:

Leaves stink, but whomever mentioned clover has it right. I hate, hate, hate clover. Not only when it's blooming, but hitting out of it in the rough. Like a mental block for me.

Kevin

Put one of these in your bag!

gaspoweredleafblower1.jpg

On the bright side, it is getting a little easier to hit the ball through the trees this time of year!:alien2:

:laughing::golf2:

TONS of leaves and goose feathers here in North Dakota. I lost only 1 ball in the leaves though. Probably should have lost about 12 or so, but I was the only one on the course so i took my time finding them. played the #4 par 3 in about 15 minutes due to the leaves

The course had the Leaf Rule in effect today - within the tree line. Only one person in our foursome had to invoke it once.

On another note - why is it that you can always spot someone else's ball more quickly than your own?

Put one of these in your bag!

gaspoweredleafblower1.jpg
If you can actually get it to start. Poulans are junk! Youd be better off with a Stihl or Echo.

Back