What are you watching? (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Oregon State at least have better uniforms than Oregon does?

USC+v+Oregon+State+2Q7pM0lHDNal.jpg

Oregon%20State%20logo.gif

Something else . . .

The local Fox Sports station (Fox Sports NorthWest) has a college football show for each of the local NW Pac-10 schools and it is [nickname of team] All Access. For example, for the University of Washington, it is called "Huskies All Access".

Which, of course, means that there is also "Cougars All Access" and "Beavers All Access"

How can two teams be the same dog? Washington and UCONN. Doesn't that get confusing?

Uhhh, how about the "Tigers" (Missouri, LSU, Auburn, Memphis, Clemson . . .)

or "Bulldogs" (Georgia, Mississippi State, Gonzaga, Fresno State . . .)

or "Wildcats" (Kentucky, Arizona, Villanova, Northwestern, Kansas State . . .)

How can two teams be the same dog? Washington and UCONN. Doesn't that get confusing?

There are a limited number of mascot names, particularly with Indians Native Americans off the table as a choice.

Note that we can still adopt various Gaelic ethnic backgrounds as mascots. Celtics, Fighting Irish, Orangemen...

Some time back, during one of the occasional brou-ha-has about the name of the Washington Redskins, someone suggested the team officially change its name to The Skins (what everyone there calls them anyway) and adopt a dermatologist as its mascot.

I knew there was more than one Bulldog. Bogey has one in his avatar for Ohio and I know Yale has a Bulldog too, but I didn't know about the others.

This one?

image.php

That's just the nickname for in bleacher section at the stadium for the Cleveland Browns (of the NFL.)
the-dawg-pound.jpg

Maybe it's like license plates or boat names--okay to have multiples, so long as they're in different states.

This one?

image.php

That's just the nickname for in bleacher section at the stadium for the Cleveland Browns (of the NFL.)
the-dawg-pound.jpg

The Dawg Pound Dawgs should be whimpering by the end of the first half tomorrow after Rogers and the Pack light them up.

Kevin

The Dawg Pound Dawgs should be whimpering by the end of the first half tomorrow after Rogers and the Pack light them up.

Kevin

Is Green Bay still using its cheerleaders for the O-line?

Last edited:
Word is they benched the cheerleaders and are starting the Packer Bikini Girls tomorrow.

Kevin

They must be cold.

Not until December. They're from Green Bay.

Kevin

Im watching Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Its really stupid but I cant stop watching it.

This one?

image.php

the-dawg-pound.jpg

I don't think so Harry. Bogey told me that his team was the Bulldogs.

I'm watching Ace of Cakes. I love cake.

I am watching the Yankee/Angels game. Don't really want either team to win, but want the Yankees to win less so rooting for Anaheim. I grew up outside of Philly so hoping they beat whoever comes out of this series.

Kevin

Just for that comment Go Vikings. :smile-big: Hey take it easy we are have an off decade. :laughing: I played golf yesterday and tuned in to hear there was 8+ minutes left in the game and the back up QB was in. So I figured they were up really big or Rogers got hurt. Then I heard them say the punter was coming in for the first time all day. :rolleyes:

Highlights from the Jets/Raiders game....I still can't believe that Al Davis is alive!

I dont know why but Im watching Inside Edition. WTF is happening to this world? I have no idea who any of these people are but they are doing some crazy **** now a days.

Last night's Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Possibly the best episode I have ever seen. Watching Larry and Jerry together was truly awesome.

Last night's Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Possibly the best episode I have ever seen. Watching Larry and Jerry together was truly awesome.

I somehow lost track of this show around the third season and that disappoints me. I suppose I could find it on DVD. That being said, last night I caught the last couple minutes of the episode. I enjoyed Larry hanging off the roof by the young woman's belly fat immensely.

Kevin

World Series game 1 (DVR, 6th inning)

Highlights of the Phillies dismantling of the Yankees last night....Cliff Lee is $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back