What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you have the Cobra driver my buddy just got. How do you like it? Did you replace a prior version Cobra driver with the L5V? I don't know his exact older driver, it is about 3 years old, but he would hit that one about 260ish with a med-high ball flight. This new one, he struggled to get it in the air.
I went from a older R7 to the L5V. I had the honeymoon period with it where I was crushing everything long and straight. Then I couldnt hit it to save my life and now its coming back again. I pull out the R9 3 wood on the days when the driver is not working, its only about 15 yards shorter for me.

80. 41 on the front and 39 on the back. Played quite well today, but missed 5 putts inside of 10 feet that could have changed everything. I hit every fairway in regulation which was fun.

Your scores have been coming down nicely since your first rounds at your new course JB.

Quit keeping score on my round today. Started off with a bogey on 1, but then just couldn't string anything good together. Had a few decent holes the rest of the round, one par and several bogey's, but just too many doubles, triples, and up today. A bit disappointing because I had consistently played in the low to mid 90's in my last several rounds, and thought I was making progress. This game is just so frustrating at times, but I love it. I did roll the flat stick nicely today, but my irons were just off and I was hitting most everything fat.

Your scores have been coming down nicely since your first rounds at your new course JB.

Yeah, the greens are so small that your irons really have to be dialed in to score. THey have been for me the last couple of rounds thankfully.

74 at the Shores, 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on the front 9 to make the turn at even par, bogeyed 12 after hitting my second shot on the par 5 in the lake (going for it in 2) and then a bogey on 13 after missing a 6 foot par putt to finish at 2 over. My best score ever.

87 today. 42 & 45. For some reason, something clicked for me on my irons and the good/bad is that I was hitting everything almost a club longer*. On the first 3 out of 4 holes, I hit it over the green but refused to believe I could be hitting it that far! The back nine was worse because my putter stopped working. I must've accidentally hit the off switch...

*thanks to a tip I read on here from Andy (amollerud). :smile-big:

92 today! Played a course in Kansas I'd never played on and it beat me up. Nice to get out, hit some absolute fantastic shots, but would follow up with crap.

My friend and I played a member-guest tourney over the weekend and came in 2nd place. Not bad, but obviously not first. We couldn't overcome the back to back net 64s that won our flight. We had a net 68 and a net 64. The highlight for me was I had a double eagle on the same par 5 two days in a row, I get 2 shots on that hole. :D Both days I hit a great drive right in the middle at the dogleg about 260ish and then both days a great 3w about 220-230ish right up next to the green for a chip and 1 putt each day. I LOVE THIS R9 3w!!! It is my favorite club right now in the bag. My putter really came to life today. My buddy gave me a putting lesson after the round yesterday and I also started putting a line on the ball to help line it up. I must have sank 6-8 10-15 footers today. All in all it was a pretty good tournament and good format. Sat on the front nine we played scramble, the second nine we played Pinehurst and then today 18 of best ball. The Pinehurst is a fun format. For those that don't know how to play, you both tee off then switch and hit the others ball for the second shot, then on the third shot you pick which ball you will play and it's alternate shot until you hole out. I think it would be a great format for a charity type tournament where there isn't anything on the line and you can really screw with your partner and put him in some bad spots with your tee shot.

40-41=81 at Plumbrook in Sterling Heights, Mi. Started the round at 49 degrees & a 10 mph wind & ended in 42 degrees with light drizzle with the same wind. Missed 6 putts inside of 10'. Glad to get out. Fall golf in Michigan.

82. 40 on the front and 42 on the back. I 3 putted 6 greens as well. Testing putters is bad for my game.

82. 40 on the front and 42 on the back. I 3 putted 6 greens as well. Testing putters is bad for my game.

JB - I know you said the greens are small, but other than that - do you like the new course? What about your new playing partners?

Love the course. It is VERY hard for people that come this way. Tiny greens that are lightning fast. Water on almost every hole.

A friend told me that his course has tiny fast greens too. He said that people who can't put any spin on the ball have a very difficult time. Would you agree with that?

Not really the case here. There are a lot of ways to get it done here. High and land soft, low and spin, there are usually ways for everybody.

played The Carrick on loch lomond on saturday.

14 over on the front 9 (50), came back in 4 over (39) for an 89..

strange day, compounded by poor conditions.

I played at Rutgers on Saturday. Shot 37 (+1) on the front and 40 (+5) on the back. Couple of stupid mistakes and a couple of three putts mounts up pretty quick. No birdies too which doesn't help much.

-22 under in our charity game scramble today. It was not handicap based. We were birdie and eagle machines out there. Not sure if we won because I had to leave right after we finished, but I believe we did. Good charity to support for the local Y and a kids golf program.

:clapp: congrats -22 is an awesome scramble score.

Played hookey from work this afternoon and got in 18 at Dell Urich. 3 over on the front, but I ballooned to an 81 overall. Couple of double in a row on the back wrecked the card. Still, the weather was great and I got a chance to walk and stretch my poor old legs.

Shot an 84 in perfect weather. Used my home made putter today which was fun. Missed a par 4 eagle by about 3" which was my shot of the day. Just a fun round

Played 9 today before I went and did some work. Wasn't a great round, 4 pars, 1 birdie, 2 snowmen and 2 sevens. The worst part is 1 of the snowmen was on a par 3. :D I am having a problem the last week or so of yanking my iron tee shots straight left and I can't figure it out. I have changed everything I can think of. My longer irons are the worst.

Played hookey from work this afternoon and got in 18 at Dell Urich. 3 over on the front, but I ballooned to an 81 overall. Couple of double in a row on the back wrecked the card. Still, the weather was great and I got a chance to walk and stretch my poor old legs.

42 on the back is not bad at all. 39 and 42 seems pretty even. Especially if you had two doubles in a row. Glad you had fun either way.

Played 9 today before I went and did some work. Wasn't a great round, 4 pars, 1 birdie, 2 snowmen and 2 sevens. The worst part is 1 of the snowmen was on a par 3. :D I am having a problem the last week or so of yanking my iron tee shots straight left and I can't figure it out. I have changed everything I can think of. My longer irons are the worst.

Vegan, try posting about it in the "Ask the Pro" section, or read the post where Andy helped me. I was doing the same thing and he really helped me out.

Those Golf Gods got me yesterday. I shot 88 (44/44). They closed the driving range for winter, so no warm up and I just couldn't find my groove. Lost another Penta right out of the gate so down to 2 left. Saving these for when I'm at least able to tell what I'm doing in my swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back