A Golf Skirt By Any Other Name

Sure but I just dont say them. I dont try and change everybody's opinion of the word. hehe

Of all the topics to get 4 pages of responses. Skorts??? We are a sad, sad group. :laughing:

Sure but I just dont say them. I dont try and change everybody's opinion of the word. hehe

I speak my opinion loudly and frequently - you know that, but I'm not trying to change yours.

Why thank you Harry - that was sweet. I figured out a way to make things up to you.

It's an admirable trait. Not many people these days are willing to back down once they have taken a stand. I guess it hurts their pride too much or they think it will make them less believable in the future or something. Personally, I think someone who is willing to admit when they are wrong is more believable than someone who sticks to their position, facts be damned.

It's an admirable trait. Not many people these days are willing to back down once they have taken a stand. I guess it hurts their pride too much or they think it will make them less believable in the future or something. Personally, I think someone who is willing to admit when they are wrong is more believable than someone who sticks to their position, facts be damned.

You are 100% correct

Thanks Harry. :flowers4u:

"Dude looks like a lady"....

Yeah - I figured that out after Harry mentioned "Lola". For some reason, I kept thinking of "Janie's got a gun" - no idea why.

My point gentlemen is that it's official - it's in the WSJ. The proper terminology is golf skirt.

Your point and the writers point are both wrong. There is a difference between a golf skirt and a skort. You can speak with any manufacturer about this very thing.

My point gentlemen is that it's official - it's in the WSJ. The proper terminology is golf skirt.

Where does it say the gift he gave was what is more commonly known as a "skort"? Perhaps it really was just a regular skirt, like the kind we boys tried to look up in school? Or perhaps he doesn't know the proper terminology either.

Well at least he didn't just get her vacuum cleaner bags and a new mop.

Well at least he didn't just get her vacuum cleaner bags and a new mop.

What's wrong with that? :confused2: Well, maybe a Swiffer instead of a mop.

Pots and pans are always good gifts too. :clapp:

As you all probably know by now, I don't like that other word that people use for golf skirt - it sounds dirty to me, which is why I think some people like it. Anyway, I was reading today's NY Times and an article on designer jeans had yet another made-up word - "jeggings" - which are the tightest of skinny jeans. That doesn't sound as dirty to me although I know Smallie giggles whenever someone says "jorts." Anyone else know of other made up words that you like, dislike or giggle when you say them?

Is this really necessary?

Is this really necessary?

You are reading the Random and Off Topic forum - so the answer to that should be obvious. See above for Golf.

I humbly and sincerely apologize. I happen to like skorts.

Back