The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years my buddy Tim has been talking about Hofman's hot dogs. They are based out of Syracuse, NY where he is from. I tried one a few years back, and he is dead right, they are the best I had ever had. Low and behold we are at our grocery store today and Hofman's hot dogs are now sold there. Same kind, same type.

For years my buddy Tim has been talking about Hofman's hot dogs. They are based out of Syracuse, NY where he is from. I tried one a few years back, and he is dead right, they are the best I had ever had. Low and behold we are at our grocery store today and Hofman's hot dogs are now sold there. Same kind, same type.

Even better than Nathan's and Hebrew National?

Even better than Nathan's and Hebrew National?

Love both of those, but not even in the same ball park. You can put Sabretts in that area too. Good quality hot dogs, but those Hofman's from Syracuse is special.

Sounds good, I'm a hot dogaholic. Drives Liz nuts that I eat them cold right out of the fridge.

I love a good dog, I'll have to keep an eye out for these then!

None within 100 miles of here, go figure.

Love both of those, but not even in the same ball park. You can put Sabretts in that area too. Good quality hot dogs, but those Hofman's from Syracuse is special.

Never heard of them, but you've piqued my interest. Funny. I just so happen to be heading to Syracuse today... And I am hungry. :D

Never heard of them, but you've piqued my interest. Funny. I just so happen to be heading to Syracuse today... And I am hungry. :D

Do yourself a favor and stop in. Then post pics. :D

Do yourself a favor and stop in. Then post pics. :D

Hopefully they have plenty of fixins'. I like my dogs with fixins'... And I like to eat BIG!!!

Awesome. Yeah. I'll post some pics. Gotta google map this place! There goes my Dinosaur Barbecue lunch. Don't think I'll ever end up eating there.

Awesome. Yeah. I'll post some pics. Gotta google map this place! There goes my Dinosaur Barbecue lunch. Don't think I'll ever end up eating there.

Ohhh dude, Dino BBQ is very good. If its a mission, eat there. Then stop at Hofmanns and pick up a quick pack of dogs to go.

Ohhh dude, Dino BBQ is very good. If its a mission, eat there. Then stop at Hofmanns and pick up a quick pack of dogs to go.

I've heard lots of people singing its praises. I guess I'll do that. Then hot dogs for lunch this week. Gotta make my own relish though. That garbage they sell at super markets sucks!

I've heard lots of people singing its praises. I guess I'll do that. Then hot dogs for lunch this week. Gotta make my own relish though. That garbage they sell at super markets sucks!

Going to the Hofmanns in Syracuse is like the church of all dog facilities. Enjoy.

Where is this grocery store?

Publix Lakewood Ranch.
We are going to throw them on the grill tonight.
Dogs + Rum = Delish.

No doubt about that.

JB, War, Freddie and others....

Gonna be in Orlando for a few days next week. Restaurant recommendations for the area that's right around Sea World?

JB, War, Freddie and others....

Gonna be in Orlando for a few days next week. Restaurant recommendations for the area that's right around Sea World?

Nick's Grill is Faldo's place is quite good.
I never find a ton of really good stuff on that side but a few miles away is Sandlake Road and there are tons of options.

Sushi - Dragonfly. A must have.
Sandwiches - Press 101. Make great paninis and have spicy feta hummus that is to die for.
Italian - Old world Carreras is pretty good there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back