Ontario,Western New York, Northwest Pennsylvania and surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed a big test tonight. 45 minute workout tonight and no pain/stiffness in the right Achilles! Going to ice and take an Aleve tonight before bed, but this is a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passed a big test tonight. 45 minute workout tonight and no pain/stiffness in the right Achilles! Going to ice and take an Aleve tonight before bed, but this is a good sign.

I started sweating just reading about that. LOL! My work out was attempting to get a feel for the short game. Spent about 1.5 chipping and putting tonight.
zave7eza.jpg

I started sweating just reading about that. LOL! My work out was attempting to get a feel for the short game. Spent about 1.5 chipping and putting tonight.
zave7eza.jpg

It has been a couple of weeks since I had been on the elliptical machine that long. I was ready to stop after 15 minutes! :)

If you are keeping your chips on that tiny practice green, your short game is fine. :)

New guy here and live in Corning NY area. In Rochester a lot for work. Just stopping in to introduce myself.

New guy here and live in Corning NY area. In Rochester a lot for work. Just stopping in to introduce myself.

Welcome to THP and welcome to the WNY thread!!

Which courses do you play around the Corning area?

Welcome to THP and welcome to the WNY thread!!

Which courses do you play around the Corning area?

member at Elmira country Club. Play Mark Twain and Corning Country Club. Play a lot at Elmira. Very nice course. Head to Rochester a lot for work and to visit my family there.

Have a lot of reciprocals that way.

Welcome Deck! Glad you found the thread. Hope you stay active with us!

member at Elmira country Club. Play Mark Twain and Corning Country Club. Play a lot at Elmira. Very nice course. Head to Rochester a lot for work and to visit my family there.

Have a lot of reciprocals that way.

Awesome! Amsmith and I play quite a bit with each other. Shankasauras is from Rochester too. We will have definitely pick a day to all get together and play.

I'm Jimmy by the way!

Welcome Deck! Glad you found the thread. Hope you stay active with us!

Will do. That's a great looking bag you have in the pic a couple posts up.

Whats the name of the place up Rochester area that does great fittings? I want to say oak but I know its not oak hills. Pretty sure it's some kind of tree name lol.

Awesome! Amsmith and I play quite a bit with each other. Shankasauras is from Rochester too. We will have definitely pick a day to all get together and play.

I'm Jimmy by the way!

Im Dave. Nice to meet you guys.

Will do. That's a great looking bag you have in the pic a couple posts up.

Whats the name of the place up Rochester area that does great fittings? I want to saw oak but I k ow its not oak hills. Pretty sure it's some kind of tree name lol.

Sounds like Aaron's go to practice facility of Big Oak! It's a great facility I've been there a few times this year. Thanks as well! The clubs and bag are certainly my baby!

Im Dave. Nice to meet you guys.

Dave - I think you are thinking of Big Oak. Pretty close on both guesses.

Like Jimmy said we try to get out as group as much as we can. Let us know when you are in town and we can set something up.

I am Aaron by the way.

Sounds like Aaron's go to practice facility of Big Oak! It's a great facility I've been there a few times this year. Thanks as well! The clubs and bag are certainly my baby!

Yes! That's it. Heard it is one of the best for a fitting. Which I desperately need. Thanks.

How are you getting along with the spider blade? I have the DLL and its in time out right now.

Dave - I think you are thinking of Big Oak. Pretty close on both guesses.

Like Jimmy said we try to get out as group as much as we can. Let us know when you are in town and we can set something up.

I am Aaron by the way.

Nice to meet you Aaron. Rochester is a blessed city BTW. So many courses there.

Yes! That's it. Heard it is one of the best for a fitting. Which I desperately need. Thanks.

How are you getting along with the spider blade? I have the DLL and its in time out right now.

Dave - if you go to Big Oak for a fitting, I strongly recommend you ask for Bill Walsh. He will fit you correctly. You can tell him that Lefty sent you. :)

No problem! I've also heard PennFair Golf in Penfield is really great for fittings as well. I've never been there so I can't comment on them.

The spider blade is definitely giving me ups and downs. Mostly downs. I'll have one really good round for every 4-5 back rounds. I just can't really get a "feel" for it. I'm thinking due to it being so heavy. I leave everything short! Very frustrating.

Dave - if you go to Big Oak for a fitting, I strongly recommend you ask for Bill Walsh. He will fit you correctly. You can tell him that Lefty sent you. :)

i am really considering it. Been doing lots of work on my swing and that seems like the next logical step. Plus some more lessons of course

No problem! I've also heard PennFair Golf in Penfield is really great for fittings as well. I've never been there so I can't comment on them.

The spider blade is definitely giving me ups and downs. Mostly downs. I'll have one really good round for every 4-5 back rounds. I just can't really get a "feel" for it. I'm thinking due to it being so heavy. I leave everything short! Very frustrating.

Same with the DLL for me. Like the roll I put on the ball, like how it keeps the line but speed is killing me. That's why old reliable is back in the bag. The DLL is next to his little brother spider S against the wall.

Same with the DLL for me. Like the roll I put on the ball, like how it keeps the line but speed is killing me. That's why old reliable is back in the bag. The DLL is next to his little brother spider S against the wall.

That's the same for me. Rolls the ball great and holds the line amazing but distance control kills me with it.

How do you like the Miura wedges? Got any pictures of those bad boys?

That's the same for me. Rolls the ball great and holds the line amazing but distance control kills me with it.

What length did you get? I play a 34 normal. I have the 35. I can go from leaving putts short (good 2-4ft sometimes) to blowing it past the hole a good 2-4ft.

I like the whole counter balance craze going on. It's hard to get the heads offline. But I need to work on my distance control with it. Sucks when you line up to a 10 footer and have no confidence in your putter.

What length did you get? I play a 34 normal. I have the 35. I can go from leaving putts short (good 2-4ft sometimes) to blowing it past the hole a good 2-4ft.

I like the whole counter balance craze going on. It's hard to get the heads offline. But I need to work on my distance control with it. Sucks when you line up to a 10 footer and have no confidence in your putter.

That's the exact problem I'm having. I went with the 35 as well. My SeeMore is a 34 too with ultra slim Superstroke on there. But same problem if I line it up and hit it to what I think I should I'm 3-4 feet short. Then I could hit the same putt to what I feel is that extra 3-4 feet in distance and its 4-5 feet past the hole. Extremely extremely frustrating.

How do you like the Miura wedges? Got any pictures of those bad boys?

Let me look. If not I will post pic tomorrow of my stuff. I don't even want to tell you how much I got them for. All three a good amount under what one costs.

I love them. What you hear is true. So soft. So soft. Nice spin.

Let me look. If not I will post pic tomorrow of my stuff. I don't even want to tell you how much I got them for. All three a good amount under what one costs.

I love them. What you hear is true. So soft. So soft. Nice spin.

Looking forward to the pics. Your signature paints a picture of a beautiful setup, but picture do much more justice! You'll have to throw the pictures up in the "What's in the bag" thread as well! Something that pretty needs to be seen!

Tell me how to attach the pic lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back