What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a 51 for 9 holes today, which for me is an improvement since I haven't yet to break 100. My main weakness is fairway shots with hybrids (3H-6H). I am working on just hitting 8 iron and plan on working my way up the set (7I, 6H,etc..) after I show myself a series of good shots. Soon I feel I will break a 100. It did surprise me that I can still shoot similar scores with only hitting an 8 iron and decent pitches from in front of the green. Course management is an interesting thing.

Shot a 3 over f39 or 9-holes today. Driver was a little off but putted well which saved me. Had 1 three putt that lipped out and made 3 one-putts over 20 feet.

43+42=85 at Rawiga. Not my best round but I made some improvements on struggling areas of my game so I'm unusually happy with it.

51-58. Best round of the year so far

4 birdies on the day including a 39 footer to go up 3 skins. Makes me a happy boy, so much fun.

That would make for an awesome round!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

45/43=88 pouring rain first 3 holes went triple, triple, double... Then rain stopped and I played quite well

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

46/40. Playing on concrete greens that do not roll good at all. If you hit on the green, the ball either rolls to the very back or bounces like a super ball. You have to land short of the green and let the ball roll up onto the green. But then it really gets fun. The greens are rolling about a 2 on the stimp meter. It was really fun going from country club greens in NC that were rolling 10.5 to a Texas goat track were the greens roll like clumpy mud. Makes it real hard for me to score well.

feels good to post a low round, congrats Xarraan!

Not exactly low but ill take it. My chutting saved me a few strokes for sure

Shot 38 tonight in league. Another solid round and hopefully a good sign my game is back. Only bad hole was a double in the 14th (played the back). Other than that had a bogey and a birdie.

Shot 38 tonight in league. Another solid round and hopefully a good sign my game is back. Only bad hole was a double in the 14th (played the back). Other than that had a bogey and a birdie.

You've got it going, Dan. Take this weekend off, then get back on track for December. :alien:

86. A pair of 43's. We played the front nine twice. 6 pars and a birdie.

We're going to try to play the back nine twice tomorrow so we can get two real 18 hole scores!

You've got it going, Dan. Take this weekend off, then get back on track for December. :alien:

Haha. Tell you what I will play well this week and take next week off. I am sure my partner will ok with that. Then I will take it to overdrive for December.

As long as everyone is firing on all cylinders in December, it's all good.

41/39. Had a super round going, was on in two on a LONG par 5 for the first time ever........... and turned it into a 7. :banghead:

Shot a 42/42 84 today which I'm happy with. It was the best ballstriking I've had all year by far and I just seemed to will the ball around the course. It really should have been a round in the 70's if it werent for the fact that I couldn't putt today. I had five 3-putts. Yes, 5. Combine that with a blow up hole (scored a 6 on a par 3...damn bunker!) and it turned an extremely good round into just a good round.

8 Fwys with the other 6 being just off in the rough.
11 GIR is a tie for a personal best.
39 putts (OUCH!) My worst putting effort of the year
0 penalties. I don't think my ball even got a sniff of water today.

91 - 1 birdie, 5 pars but 2 triple bogeys and too many double bogeys :( Plus I drowned one ball and had to use a provisional on another hole, frustrating to get so close to breaking 90 as I've only done it once before! Minus the penalty shots and I would have done it again, but that's the game isn't it?

Not exactly low but ill take it. My chutting saved me a few strokes for sure

The chutting was a plus for you last night. I wouldnt chip either if I had your chutting skills.

it's all coming back! Love hearing it man.

it's all coming back! Love hearing it man.

Thanks! Hoping things are turning around for you as well! MC will be here before you know it!

I just finished up a tournament at Lakewood Shores Resort in Oscoda, Michigan. While I let the Gailes course get the best of me in our second round, I played well at both the Saradella and Blackshire courses. I ended up carding 69/78/73, which was good enough for second place. A good friend of mine and my roommate for the weekend won the tournament, so it made for a great trip. While the Saradella course is nothing to write home about, the other two were great and I highly recommend them.

43/40 this morning with 2 penalty strokes
I somehow found a greenside wedge game and it helped me big time on a day I struggled with mid irons. Made some crazy long putts including on for bogey after hitting 2nd shot ob, a 30 footer for birdie and then a bomb from fairway for a long long bogey after chunking 2 wedges in a row. Was close all day on the putts.

J40 wedges are freaking awesome as I hit them so well today along with the 9i and pw.

Mid irons are a struggle thanks to my slap happy swing but ill work it out.

What did you shoot today?

43/40 this morning with 2 penalty strokes
I somehow found a greenside wedge game and it helped me big time on a day I struggled with mid irons. Made some crazy long putts including on for bogey after hitting 2nd shot ob, a 30 footer for birdie and then a bomb from fairway for a long long bogey after chunking 2 wedges in a row. Was close all day on the putts.

J40 wedges are freaking awesome as I hit them so well today along with the 9i and pw.

Mid irons are a struggle thanks to my slap happy swing but ill work it out.

That's a better score than Sunday!

How was the driver today? You still slapping the ball?

Glad the wedges are working!

That's a better score than Sunday!

How was the driver today? You still slapping the ball?

Glad the wedges are working!

A few driver slaps...quite a few iron slaps but made some stupid long putts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back