The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, Walmart knew what they were doing when they installed their crappy automatic hand washing sinks. Stupid things won't come in when you put your hand under them and then start shooting out water when you pull them away. Put them back under real quick again and back off it goes. Give up and start to walk away... Back on!!! Some guy somewhere is landed back in his security camera watching seat just laughing!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I swear, Walmart knew what they were doing when they installed their crappy automatic hand washing sinks. Stupid things won't come in when you put your hand under them and then start shooting out water when you pull them away. Put them back under real quick again and back off it goes. Give up and start to walk away... Back on!!! Some guy somewhere is landed back in his security camera watching seat just laughing!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Have you seen the Corey pavin commercial?

Supposed to run the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. It's an Atlanta tradition -- 6.2 miles down Peachtree Street through Buckhead and Midtown, ending at Piedmont Park. 60,000 total people run it.

Forecast for the 4th looks horrid. 1-2" of rain, 10-20mph wind and thunderstorms possible. I've run this race for nearly 10 years, and I can't remember it ever raining during the race.

I'm now considering skipping the race. I'm also wondering if they are going to call it off. If there's thunderstorms, it's going to be a really unsafe environment for thousands of people. Apart from runners (60,000), there are several thousand volunteers and spectators that are there (although I suspect the spectator turnout will be limited this year).

Right so the scoop on my earlier rant according to my friend.

A member, who was once a board member and one who thinks he runs the whole town, was drunk. And I'm not sure how this started but he got into an argument with my friend, saying he hit into the group ahead and other things. Eventually my friend got sick of the verbal assault and told him off. That member went back to the clubhouse told the manager he hit into people yada yada yada my friend gets thrown out and told he can't come back.

Now, I really doubt my friend hit into anyone, he got hit in the head in a high school tournament and was put into the hospital and it was all really really bad, so he takes that stuff real serious.

I'll have to go hear the other side of the story, but just knowing the guys involved... I dunno I had a good idea who it was before he told me if that tells you anything.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Supposed to run the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. It's an Atlanta tradition -- 6.2 miles down Peachtree Street through Buckhead and Midtown, ending at Piedmont Park. 60,000 total people run it.

Forecast for the 4th looks horrid. 1-2" of rain, 10-20mph wind and thunderstorms possible. I've run this race for nearly 10 years, and I can't remember it ever raining during the race.

I'm now considering skipping the race. I'm also wondering if they are going to call it off. If there's thunderstorms, it's going to be a really unsafe environment for thousands of people. Apart from runners (60,000), there are several thousand volunteers and spectators that are there (although I suspect the spectator turnout will be limited this year).

The had a half marathon here in my home town back in February that was started during a Thunderstorm. It was pouring with lightening popping all over. It only lasted for about the first quarter to half of the race, but there's no way I would have run in that. Even if I would have paid my entry fee, I still wouldn't have. I don't know what was crazier, the people that paid to run in it and showed up or the volunteers that worked the water stations for nothing that day (my wife included).

I'm mentally and physically exhausted. I feel like I can't catch up. I could probably go to bed now and sleep 16 hours.

I'm mentally and physically exhausted. I feel like I can't catch up. I could probably go to bed now and sleep 16 hours.

Do it man, that's what you have summers off for. Sleep!

Aren't you on summer vacation?

Ready, set, relax then!

Work is pretty crap at the moment as we are doing nothing like the job we are supposed to after a whole team was completely removed in the last reorganisation

And just to top it off, I am getting virtually zero time to catch up on here so probably missing all sorts going on knowing my luck....

The had a half marathon here in my home town back in February that was started during a Thunderstorm. It was pouring with lightening popping all over. It only lasted for about the first quarter to half of the race, but there's no way I would have run in that. Even if I would have paid my entry fee, I still wouldn't have. I don't know what was crazier, the people that paid to run in it and showed up or the volunteers that worked the water stations for nothing that day (my wife included).

Your wife is a saint.

If this was a half marathon, I would be running it because I would be training for it. The Peachtree is a 10K, and I'm not really training that much for it. It's a fun race to run, because you usually don't get to run down the middle of Peachtree Street through Atlanta. But, if there's lightning, I'm likely going back to bed.

Cracked windshield scheduled to be fixed this morning between 8 and 12. Tech called to let me know he'd arrive between 10 and 11. It was raining at 11 and with no shelter and rain on the radar, it was rescheduled for Saturday. It proceeded to quit raining at 11:15 and didn't rain another drop until 4pm.

Wife has too much crap that took most the day to move

Really violent storm knocked out power at our storage unit, couldn't get all of our stuff moved over, therefore I'll be paying for another day of a moving truck.

Rained so hard that our street flooded due to storm water surge being blocked to keep from silt etc going down the sewer. Not a big deal once the rain let up. Road cleared, found almost two dozen catfish in the road. What the hell?

Apparently some breeds can live in the sewers and come up in heavy rain situations. Tossed 4 back into a nearby pond, and saw another dozen squished in the road.

Idiots decide that 11:15 is a good time to start fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back