Any motorcycle owners out there?

I had a Green/Blue/White Kawasaki ZX-6R until it was stolen out of my grandfather's barn while I was deployed to Iraq in 2003. I think that bike is why I like Lime Green so much to this day.

I've looked and thought about getting another bike since, but after my back surgery, I would have to find just the right bike that I'm comfortable on.

I'm currently working on buying a Honda rebel, I really liked the size and the economically friendly gas usage, I went today to check them out at the motorcycle dealer

8u7yqy6a.jpg

8ave9e6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Nice! Be sure to check the classifieds. There are always good condition ones to be had for a bargain.

Nice! Be sure to check the classifieds. There are always good condition ones to be had for a bargain.

Yeah that's what I'm doing, my brother found one for 2500, with like 5000 miles on it, I may look around for something like that

They have never changed that model in its entire 25 year history, so dont be afraid to buy an older/cheaper one provuded its in good sbape.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Not my cup of tea, but that one looked a very good example. Good luck on finding one

I'm currently working on buying a Honda rebel, I really liked the size and the economically friendly gas usage, I went today to check them out at the motorcycle dealer

8u7yqy6a.jpg

8ave9e6e.jpg

Are you a small fella? It is only a 250. You might want to go with a shadow 750 or so. They are affordable as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Any motorcycle owners out there?

Are you a small fella? It is only a 250. You might want to go with a shadow 750 or so. They are affordable as well.

I was thinking of the shadow too, I was just really drawn to the rebel because of the 85ish mpg, as a poor graduate student, that would benefit me. My boss also told me to check out trade ins, and look for a 750, if I can find an affordable shadow, I'll get it, I saw a beautiful one yesterday

I was thinking of the shadow too, I was just really drawn to the rebel because of the 85ish mpg, as a poor graduate student, that would benefit me. My boss also told me to check out trade ins, and look for a 750, if I can find an affordable shadow, I'll get it, I saw a beautiful one yesterday

There are definitely some good looking shadows out there. You still should get around 50mpg out of a shadow. Don't quote me on that but I get 42mpg out of my 1700.

There are definitely some good looking shadows out there. You still should get around 50mpg out of a shadow. Don't quote me on that but I get 42mpg out of my 1700.

I will definitely check them out!

Like rsawyers said, just because you have a bigger engined bike doesn't mean you will get ridiculously less MPG out of it. In some cases, depending on the type of riding you will do, you could get better MPG than a smaller bike - eg if you lived in a hilly area, you would be working the smaller bike a lot harder to get up the hills which makes for worse fuel consumption.....just something to bear in mind when you narrow your search down

If I remember right, my fuel tank on the K5 GSXR 600 is 3.7 imperial gallon, and I average around 130 miles before the fuel light comes on - not sure how much is left after that but that probably works out at at least 40+ MPG and that would be mainly on the twisty roads where you are up and down the gears a lot rather than constant speeds, at which I would expect to get a lot better consumption figure

8u7yqy6a.jpg

if you're on a tight budget, it's hard to beat a Rebel or any of the smaller displacement bikes. If you're going to use it mainly for commuting, you'll like the mileage. the problem with the smaller bikes is you'll outgrow them quickly. For this reason, I'd suggest 2 things. (1) look for a used one or something similar size. real cheap to get into and you wont lose much when you decide to upgrade. (2) consider a larger scooter such as a Silver Wing, or a Bergman. Once you get past the dorkiness factor, the performance is actually better than what you'll get out of a Rebel....more capable on the interstate, more versatile due to the massive amounts of storage, and the mileage is just as good.

Good luck w. your decision and ride safe.

if you're on a tight budget, it's hard to beat a Rebel or any of the smaller displacement bikes. If you're going to use it mainly for commuting, you'll like the mileage. the problem with the smaller bikes is you'll outgrow them quickly. For this reason, I'd suggest 2 things. (1) look for a used one or something similar size. real cheap to get into and you wont lose much when you decide to upgrade. (2) consider a larger scooter such as a Silver Wing, or a Bergman. Once you get past the dorkiness factor, the performance is actually better than what you'll get out of a Rebel....more capable on the interstate, more versatile due to the massive amounts of storage, and the mileage is just as good.

Good luck w. your decision and ride safe.

Yeah man I've been looking at the used shadows instead for that reason

amyhehe5.jpg

Needs more blue lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Needs more blue lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

It's tough to see in the pic by the bottom fairing is grey, not sure why Honda did that but I think I'm gunna have it painted blue.

Nice one, can't make it out from the pic, but what exhaust is on there?

Right now a two bros. Not the biggest fan of their exhausts but it was on there when I bought it and don't really wanna drop $600 right now for a quality Leo or Akra

Right now a two bros. Not the biggest fan of their exhausts but it was on there when I bought it and don't really wanna drop $600 right now for a quality Leo or Akra

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of the Two Bros. exhausts either. Akrapovic and Leo Vince are both awesome IMO. I used to do PR for a supercross team and they had Akrapovic as a sponsor one year and I was fascinated by how much research those guys were doing. They had 3 or 4 guys at every race and they were constantly getting input from the riders and mechanics. This was when they were first developing their off-road stuff, so it was to be expected, probably, but they were super thorough and I've always been a fan of theirs since. That being said, their pricing is insane. When I got my ZX-6R, I looked into it, but was able to get a much better deal on a Leo Vince slip, which I've been really happy with. You really can't go wrong with either.

Just bought my first bike this weekend! Had my license for seven years and been riding here and there for quite some time, but finally bit the bullet and got a 2014 Triumph Street Triple R :)

Back