What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. I have to ask Dan, did you get any of the new XVs sent to you for your Staff bag? I'm dying from impatience to hear about the new balls from somebody who has actually hit them.

I have not played any of the new XV's. I loaded up on the 2012 Z-Star XV's early in the year when they had a sale and am slowly making my way through them right now.

From what I hear though, the new XVs are excellent.

I have not played any of the new XV's. I loaded up on the 2012 Z-Star XV's early in the year when they had a sale and am slowly making my way through them right now.

From what I hear though, the new XVs are excellent.

I tried the XVs, but think I'm going back to the plain Z the next time I buy, I'm just worried that with the new Spin Skin they won't be as durable. I have literally played 1 ball for over 10 rounds without even thinking of taking it out of play from wear. I'd be thrilled with a bit more spin around the greens, but if I start hearing the balls are a lot less durable I might stock up on the old ones while still on clearance (I think 2 for 55 atm, and as the new one's release date gets closer I'm sure it'll go down to 2 for 45 again).

I tried the XVs, but think I'm going back to the plain Z the next time I buy, I'm just worried that with the new Spin Skin they won't be as durable. I have literally played 1 ball for over 10 rounds without even thinking of taking it out of play from wear. I'd be thrilled with a bit more spin around the greens, but if I start hearing the balls are a lot less durable I might stock up on the old ones while still on clearance (I think 2 for 55 atm, and as the new one's release date gets closer I'm sure it'll go down to 2 for 45 again).

2 for 45 is an insane deal. If it goes there, I will hoard. Also, check your twitter..

2 for 45 is an insane deal. If it goes there, I will hoard. Also, check your twitter..

It was there about a month ago, but I still had 3 dozen so felt silly getting more. Especially since I think my summer equipment budget is going to be on a Clevelant MT 5 or 6i to replace my hard to hit off the grass 4i (seriously, I hit my 4i 200 including roll, and I was hitting the 5i 215 on the monitor at Golftown, nearly all carry, so I'm gonna bring in my irons to do a proper comparison, but wow). I'm sure I'll be able to get the old balls for awhile after the new ones come out, so I'll probably get a sleeve to try first.

It was a pretty huge day for me on the course... I shot my personal best, 69, at my home course. Breaking 70 has been something I have been working hard to accomplish for so long now, and I am just overwhelmed with excitement over doing so.

I managed 7 birdies on the day, along with some really solid putting. I'll admit, my par putt on 17 after a great shot out of the sand was full of jitters, yet I managed to calm down enough on 18 to roll a 30 footer to about 6 inches. A big shout out to you guys in this thread, cheering my scores and other scores along the way. It's a big motivator seeing the great numbers in here.

7-16.png

Incredible. Nice stretch of 7 GIR's on the back. Dual back to back birdies? Golf is supposed to be hard! :) Congratulations!

Birdie on a 476 yard uphiller?! That's wicked Wess. Sounds like an incredibly tough course.

Can't wait to see the course pics. I keep seeing awesome Hawaii based course ball markers on ebay. They do some great stuff over there.

Plan to get them uploaded today dude and sit down and do some writing. This course really was mind blowing!

Got 27 in today; 40 / 39 / 41. Was super slow today so was pleased in the end. Lost way too many strokes today out of the bunkers.

That's something to be happy about dude. Great shooting.

Walked 45....76-78-37. The last 9 was the back (my fav) and would have been my best ever, I had 3 birdies(2 back to back), but proceed to triple 17 and double 18.

Walked 45....76-78-37. The last 9 was the back (my fav) and would have been my best ever, I had 3 birdies(2 back to back), but proceed to triple 17 and double 18.

Great playing dude!

That's something to be happy about dude. Great shooting.

Not bad; had 3 birdies but 2 doubles due to sand play. Keeping it in play off the tee sure helps a lot.

Not bad; had 3 birdies but 2 doubles due to sand play. Keeping it in play off the tee sure helps a lot.

It's a start buddy. Glad to hear it.

MG - you are officially on fire.

Some real good golf right there
..well done

My partner and I won the tournament here at Myrtle Beach. We played the Legends courses and he shot 71, 77, 73 for a 221, we shot 207 as a team in a best ball tournament. He is a much better golfer than I but I was able to come through at the right times. We played Heathland, Parkland and Moorland in that order. I am super happy right now.

My partner and I won the tournament here at Myrtle Beach. We played the Legends courses and he shot 71, 77, 73 for a 221, we shot 207 as a team in a best ball tournament. He is a much better golfer than I but I was able to come through at the right times. We played Heathland, Parkland and Moorland in that order. I am super happy right now.

Congrats on the win...how were the courses

I took heart in Dan's 69 and decided to play safe today. I laid back off the tee more often, just aimed centre of greens, and ended up shooting a 70/71. I put 71 in for my cap, but I consider it a PB of 70 b/c I had a 12-18 inch tap in par putt hit a damaged part at the centre of the hole and bounce sideways and out. My fault for not repairing it, but still, in my mind I shot a 70. 3 bogeys and 3 birdies. Bogey on 7 was terrible luck; I hit the centre of the green at the front, and somehow it kicked hard left (no draw on the ball) into gnarly rough. On 16 (par 3) my 7i hit the fringe left side but bounced under a tree, but my drive on 17 was truly my only terrible swing of the day, where I hit a low hook into the trees. All 3 bogeys I got on but missed 6-14 footers for par. Ah well, it was still a lot of fun.

I took heart in Dan's 69 and decided to play safe today. I laid back off the tee more often, just aimed centre of greens, and ended up shooting a 70/71. I put 71 in for my cap, but I consider it a PB of 70 b/c I had a 12-18 inch tap in par putt hit a damaged part at the centre of the hole and bounce sideways and out. My fault for not repairing it, but still, in my mind I shot a 70. 3 bogeys and 3 birdies. Bogey on 7 was terrible luck; I hit the centre of the green at the front, and somehow it kicked hard left (no draw on the ball) into gnarly rough. On 16 (par 3) my 7i hit the fringe left side but bounced under a tree, but my drive on 17 was truly my only terrible swing of the day, where I hit a low hook into the trees. All 3 bogeys I got on but missed 6-14 footers for par. Ah well, it was still a lot of fun.

Awesome round Kristopher!!!!

Congrats on the win...how were the courses

Thanks md, the courses were in really good shape, there has been a lot of rain here recently but we were still able to take the cart on almost all holes. A few were cart path only but still they had drained pretty well.

Hawt Dawg! :blob::bananadance::clapp::deadhorse::golf2::guitar::golf::thumb:. Great job Dawg & partner!

That is awesome DD.

Way to go DD!!!!

Nice work DD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back