2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want someone to give you one last thumping this weekend before you head down?

Are you my back? Think it has that covered!

Leaving Sunday early so no golf until one week from today for me.

#playlikeadefendingchamp
#nopracticeneeded

Are you my back? Think it has that covered!

Leaving Sunday early so no golf until one week from today for me.

#playlikeadefendingchamp
#nopracticeneeded

too bad, was going to send threeboysdad your way to show you how it's done. I'm sure your ready though; have full faith in my Texas lad.

So right now a lot of guys will be polishing up on their equipment specs which is great and I know everyone will represent their sponsors very well. It might be worth your while doing a few dry runs of the things you want to say. Maybe even get someone to video you, so you can see how you're doing. It helped me last year and I have been practicing in front of a mirror this time around.

Man, this is getting close. Bet there are some THP'ers out there that are already getting the butterflies hard core!

I've been spending some extra time researching my equipment, I feel pretty good about Media Day! I'm really looking forward to it

My Bag is now complete!! 3W and Hybrids dropped off a few minutes ago!! Too bad it's raining and I can't go hit them right now! More pics in the appropriate thread

IMG_0304_zps88baf2fd.jpg

My Bag is now complete!! 3W and Hybrids dropped off a few minutes ago!! Too bad it's raining and I can't go hit them right now! More pics in the appropriate thread

IMG_0304_zps88baf2fd.jpg

Awesome Tim! They look great !

IMG_0304_zps88baf2fd.jpg

Beautiful dude!!

What do I hope to get out of this? Memories and friends. Pretty simple but last year was one of the best weeks of my life. I hope this one is too. I'm in a weird place right now. JB's post makes me sad for some reason. I want to go down and represent well. The end is nigh and I want to go out well. The MC has meant so much to me. I truly don't have the words. Quite honestly I will hope to grab JB & Morgan down there and thank them in person for what they have done for me.

I look forward to forging friendships and expanding existing ones. This is my first MC so I wont be comparing it to anything. Just taking it all in and trying to make Team Dot Com & Team Cleveland/Srixon/Cross proud. Selfishly, I am interested to see how my mental game holds up playing with such better players under such pressure filled stakes.

IMG_0304_zps88baf2fd.jpg

Tim!!! I love that PX pairing in the hybrids.. Having enjoyed one for a full golf season, they are fantastic!!!!

Like my fellow Bridgestone staffers, the final pieces of my bag arrived today. Say hello to "Black Betty" and "The Twins" :D

Holy crap, 1 week from right now I'll be in Myrtle Beach with my wife, brother and parents. I can't wait to see my family and also see all of my THP friends.

Like my fellow Bridgestone staffers, the final pieces of my bag arrived today. Say hello to "Black Betty" and "The Twins" :D

Looks great buddy!!

The TWINS reminded me of this...hehe

Holy crap, 1 week from right now I'll be in Myrtle Beach with my wife, brother and parents. I can't wait to see my family and also see all of my THP friends.

That's awesome! My parents are coming down but the wife's staying home

A letter to my Captain

A letter to my Captain

Jake, I wanted you to know that it has been a real pleasure getting to know you and forging our friendship over the past 8 months. The back and forth via text, the golf in Texas, our FB chats and the times we have talked have all pushed our friendship up a notch. I appreciate your candor and where you have come from as a captain and friend. You are a big reason this MC experience has worked for me. I know each MC has meant something new for you as it should. I hope this one goes down as a special one for you because of the team you have lead. I know it will for me and I think I can speak for the others, that they feel the same way. This might be a little cheesey but you are an OG on THP and its cool that I will roll into MB behind you with some guys that would run through a few local drive thrus for you. It been nothing but laughs, fun and a learning experience. I just thought you should know that I am extremely grateful to have gone through this with you as my captain. Thanks bro for being you through out the entire process and for really just letting us all see Jake. You are a great dude!!

-I'm just looking forward to playing some golf with some quality guys
-Making Bridgestone proud with some informative promos
-Enjoying time away with my wife.

I completely agree with this and look forward to doing the same..... except the part about spending time with your wife, that one is all you!!! :D

Don't forget to rock a cheat sheet guys!!! Bring some serious equipment knowledge with you so we can slide right through the promos and into the AC!

So right now a lot of guys will be polishing up on their equipment specs which is great and I know everyone will represent their sponsors very well. It might be worth your while doing a few dry runs of the things you want to say. Maybe even get someone to video you, so you can see how you're doing. It helped me last year and I have been practicing in front of a mirror this time around.

Two excellent ideas!!!! :thumb:

Are you going to read your notes while you film your promos

Probably would not go over well, but to have a quick card or page to look at either before you shoot the vid or between takes might be helpful to some.

Holy cow what a morning and what a range session! Can't wait to get my half day of work over with and get out for a round. I haven't hit a ball since Sunday. All I've done in my basement is hold a club and take small swings, pretty much a 9-to-3 drill and work on creating lag and releasing at the right time. At the office I have done the same thing without a club. Went out to the range this morning with the club pro and I have to say my ball flight and contact have never been better. He couldn't believe the difference since the last time we met. He was laughing because of the drastic change in my lag and contact. Between now and next week its just a matter of getting the reps in. I'm hitting 8 out of 10perfect shots. i need to make that 10 out of 10. But my trajectory is just unbelievable and exactly what I have been looking for for the past 2 years.

Awesome stuff Bradd, timely fix!

Holy cow what a morning and what a range session! Can't wait to get my half day of work over with and get out for a round. I haven't hit a ball since Sunday. All I've done in my basement is hold a club and take small swings, pretty much a 9-to-3 drill and work on creating lag and releasing at the right time. At the office I have done the same thing without a club. Went out to the range this morning with the club pro and I have to say my ball flight and contact have never been better. He couldn't believe the difference since the last time we met. He was laughing because of the drastic change in my lag and contact. Between now and next week its just a matter of getting the reps in. I'm hitting 8 out of 10perfect shots. i need to make that 10 out of 10. But my trajectory is just unbelievable and exactly what I have been looking for for the past 2 years.

Glad to hear you got it working well.

Definitely glad I went with the C-taper shaft in these irons, they are truly unbelievable and I think they work perfectly for me.

pro tip! (pun intended)

thought of this last night and figured worth mentioning. for those of us that don't normally play courses of this stature on a regular basis, they've got tons of good dudes that load your bags onto the carts prior to the round and unload them after, as well as give your clubs a good wipe down. they also hand out freezing cold towels, water, etc...

be prepared and at least have ones ($1) on your person to tip these fine gentlemen as they do a fantastic job. unless of course, that's not your style...

pro tip! (pun intended)

thought of this last night and figured worth mentioning. for those of us that don't normally play courses of this stature on a regular basis, they've got tons of good dudes that load your bags onto the carts prior to the round and unload them after, as well as give your clubs a good wipe down. they also hand out freezing cold towels, water, etc...

be prepared and at least have ones ($1) on your person to tip these fine gentlemen as they do a fantastic job. unless of course, that's not your style...

Mr%20Pink%20no%20tip.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back