The new Footjoy FJ sports

razorback1972

Big,Bad,&Dangerous 2 know
Reaction score
Handicap
Last edited:
We will have ours to review in early January and will give you a full report. They look quite nice.

i'm looking forward to the review. I lean toward the non-traditional looking shoe and love the look FJ Sport so far from what i've seen.

That teaser picture has me intrigued...wish they would have shown more of the shoe.

Sorry, took me a minute to find the images. Here you go...

09_FJSPORT_family1_edit.jpg

09_FJSPORT_family_edit.jpg

Yep, gonna have to get a pair of those or three.

I like the selection too...nice work you guys!

Sold, Ill take a pair of the black ones and the orange ones please.

I really like the look of the Black/White shoe - but will you be making a version that has a black heel insert instead of the colors? That just throws off the shoe for me looks-wise.

I really like the look of the Black/White shoe - but will you be making a version that has a black heel insert instead of the colors? That just throws off the shoe for me looks-wise.

x2. The colored heels don't look as good as a black ones, IMO. Still, a great-looking shoe!

I like 'em.
I think it shows how much of an effect adidas has had on the golf shoe market. Since the 360 came out, FJ keeps going more and more unconventional with there designs, encorporating color(s), technology - skewing for a younger demographic.
Competition is good.

They aren't bad, and I already have the replacement spikes for them.

i really dig the black ones and a white/black with the black heel would really good too i believe. I can't wait for JB's review of these and to try them myself. With that shoe design, FJ could definately get wild with the colors if they choose to.

Those yellow ones do it for me, but I really have trouble getting shoes. My left foot swells bad from a condition I have so I almost have to buy two set's of identical shoes. One larger than the other. My DryJoy's seem to work if real loose, but very few others do.

I love Footjoys, but Im not sure how I feel about the FJ Sports. Not traditional enough for me. It is nice to see FJ doing more to cater to those where have a more untraditional golf style though.

I love Footjoys, but Im not sure how I feel about the FJ Sports. Not traditional enough for me. It is nice to see FJ doing more to cater to those where have a more untraditional golf style though.

The all-black and the all-white ones look pretty conservative though. Those are the only two I like.

The all-black and the all-white ones look pretty conservative though. Those are the only two I like.
True, but they are still a tennis shoe style golfshoe. When I say, "traditional", Im thinking more of a saddle shoe style golfshoe.
I think they look great if you are looking for something in a tennis shoe style golfshoe, its just not for me. :confused2:

True, but they are still a tennis shoe style golfshoe. When I say, "traditional", Im thinking more of a saddle shoe style golfshoe.
I think they look great if you are looking for something in a tennis shoe style golfshoe, its just not for me. :confused2:

When you see these in person, you will see that they are not tennis shoe styled really much at all. Very modern yes, but not really tennis shoe. They had these with the FJ rep here locally.

it'd be nice if they'd offer these up as myjoys.

When you see these in person, you will see that they are not tennis shoe styled really much at all. Very modern yes, but not really tennis shoe. They had these with the FJ rep here locally.
I'll definetly be checking them out in the spring. I like my Greenjoys, but I need something a little bit wider, so I'll be in the market for a new pair of FJs.
My golf style is definetly very conservative and traditional, but Id be willing to give them a look.

Those yellow ones do it for me, but I really have trouble getting shoes. My left foot swells bad from a condition I have so I almost have to buy two set's of identical shoes. One larger than the other. My DryJoy's seem to work if real loose, but very few others do.

Have you ever tried the FJ shoes with the BOA lacing system (ie, the Reel)? Not sure how much swelling you get but these allow you to turn a dial on the heel and quickly loosen or tighten the shoe. Or, if you order through the MyJoys program, you can order any pair of shoes with the left shoe sized larger/wider than the right to prevent you from buying two pair. Just a thought.

Contour BOA
FJ ICON BOA

Very cool, I didn't know anyone had such a thing. Each link show's multiple shoes, are all these adjustable like you mentioned or just the ones with the dial sticking out on back?

I'm off to work now, but will check back after while. Thanks FJ Guy!

I play with 2 women who have them and love them. I would have to try them on - I'm not sure I like the dial in the back for myself.

Well it looks like I am going to add another pair to my Footjoy collection. I really like the orange, I am not traditional at all. Hope they are comfortable as my Contours.

Back