Wants, Needs and Desires

Diane

Reaction score
Duh, I'm talking about golf equipment. :wink: What are you lusting after, what can you not live without and what do you plan to purchase soon? What is going on your gift list for the holidays this year?

I never bought a pushcart so it's going on my list as is a new driver. I'm also starting to think I may not be able to live without a GPS.

I am set with clubs, and other equipment. New clubs won't help me score better. May be 4, or 5 years down the road. I just bought new irons earlier this year.

I too am looking at a new GPS unit. I thought that problem was solved this morning, but I was mistaken after talking with those "sky golf" folks. I did buy a new one a few weeks ago, but had to return it due to some problems. I see that I received my credit this morning.

Other than tees, balls, and gloves, I don't see any other golf purchases in my future. :clapp:

I am set with clubs, and other equipment. New clubs won't help me score better. May be 4, or 5 years down the road. I just bought new irons earlier this year.

I too am looking at a new GPS unit. I thought that problem was solved this morning, but I was mistaken after talking with those "sky golf" folks. I did buy a new one a few weeks ago, but had to return it due to some problems. I see that I received my credit this morning.

Other than tees, balls, and gloves, I don't see any other golf purchases in my future. :clapp:

Customer service for SkyCaddie (SkyGolf) is notoriously bad.

I've seen the MX-200s in person :drool: and I'm lusting after those. Nothing I really need though, except for more Bridgestone E6s.

My old sky caddie is working just fine. It was the up grades that they have a problems with. I can get the upgrades, but the icons I need to use are not showing up on my screen. Plus they want more money for the up grades. Not sure i want to put more money into this old of unit. The unit I returned was a different brand.
Customer service for SkyCaddie (SkyGolf) is notoriously bad.

Oddly enough, nothing. My golf bag is the only thing that is pretty old, but I have a brand new one and I am waiting until this one falls apart before replacing.

I'm in the market for a new golf bag, laser range finder and three wood. Golf bag is a necessity as my other is rapidly deteorating, laser range finder is just a cool thing to have and three wood is a want, and is the least likely to occur :)

I need some new shoes (thinking about designing my own icons).

But since we are also talking about wants and desires... I will one-up all the push cart talk...

segway.03.jpg

Would this make me a tool?

I want the new CG15 wedges, but I decided to get new irons instead. My vokeys are treating me nicely so far and are getting so beautiful and well used looking.

I want the Penta, but I also need to get to where I lose less balls before I can justify buying more expensive balls.

What I want, money can't buy. I want to get better first and foremost and I want the days to get longer again so I can practice more.

I need some new shoes (thinking about designing my own icons).

But since we are also talking about wants and desires... I will one-up all the push cart talk...

segway.03.jpg

Would this make me a tool?

If I had $5k to dump, I'd love to have a Segway... ain't gonna happen anytime soon though.

If I had $5k to dump, I'd love to have a Segway... ain't gonna happen anytime soon though.

Yeah. It would be hard to justify spending that amount of money so I could be even more lazy.

Steady and gainful employment would be nice.

Other than that, I'm pretty much set.

-JP

I am set for the next few years at least. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the next annual Target clearance in February to stock up on gloves and golf balls, but that is about it.

I want, I need, I desire more time to play.

Too early to call.

Hmm...definitely makes one think a bit. This is what I've been thinking about getting lately:

Need:
  • New golf shoes
  • New Bionic glove (for when current one finally gives out)

Want:
  • A new driver fitted for my swing.

Desire:
  • Golf GPS unit - Garmin Approach G5, OnPar, Bushnell Yardage Pro XGC
  • New set of irons - GI or players cavity backs - also fitted

PS: Only 30 shopping days until my birthday :D

I desire what I need and want.

I would like a range finder though...

Last edited:
I am set with equipment. Just picked up the 09 Burners and plan on using them for about 3 years. Of course balls, tee and gloves but I am good. Now I just need to take some lessons. :act-up:

If I buy anything new for next year it will be:a new Niblick, new SeeMore M-8 putter and a new hybrid.

I want, need, and desire a better swing.

And one other thing, but that one is just for me.

I am hoping to get my clubs fitted finally. I have already paid for the fitting, just saving up for any of the changes I will need to make on my clubs.

Need:

Lessons. < but might not get them.:snub:
Shoes. < will buy. :thumb:
New grips. < will buy. :thumb:

Want:

A new golf bag. < maybe. :confused2:
A 5h and 1h. < to complete a set. :waiting:

Desire:

GPS. < too cheap to buy one. :stop:

I want, I need, I desire more time to play.

Ditto.

I keep thinking about asking for a gift certificate to GolTec, so I can get me a RoboSwing.

Back