NHL '09-'10 Season

I just picked up Gustafsson in both of my fantasy leagues.

I'm just ecstatic that my Avalanche are having such a (shockingly) great start...heres hoping it lasts

Yeah, Craig Anderson has had an AMAZING start.
I'd say it won't last, but that's what I said a month ago and he's still red hot.

The Wings definetly wont be a force in the West this year. They have too many older players and its showing in how many injuries they have had this year.
As long as the Pens dont win the Cup, I'll be happy.
The Capitals are looking promising again this year, I could be happy seeing them win the Cup.

"B"s beat the Pens tonight, what cracked me up is all the commentators talked about was how few shots Sid had on net. While that might be the case his play was outstanding, his play without the puck was Stevie Y like. The more I see Sid this year that better he gets. Thomas played very well keeping the door shut on the the Pens.

Here's another thought is there a team out there with a better goaltender tandem then the Blues with Conks and Mason? The Wings miss the boat there should have let Howard float and kept Conks to spell Ozzy. Not that it would have brought the Wings back to the Cup far too much talent disappeared from the Wings lineup. Watching the Habs and Flames looks like the Flames think there are points for leaping head shots.

"B"s beat the Pens tonight, what cracked me up is all the commentators talked about was how few shots Sid had on net. While that might be the case his play was outstanding, his play without the puck was Stevie Y like. The more I see Sid this year that better he gets. Thomas played very well keeping the door shut on the the Pens.
Not surprisingly, I was very much pleased to see Boston take the Pens to the woodshed.
About Crosby, I cant stand him. He is the biggest arrogant a-hole crybaby in hockey, yet the commentators all act like he walks on water.
I just shook my head when he blatantly committed a crosscheck in the 3rd period (when it was certain that the Pens were going to lose) and the refs didnt even call it, yet one of the Boston players did it back to him and they call a penalty. Apparently the rules dont apply the crybaby...err, I mean Crosby. :confused2:

Sometimes I feel bad for the guy, everything he does gets put under a microscope. Every player in the league does the same exact things to try and draw penalties, etc.

Boston is lucky. They get to play this half-Penguins team again on Saturday!
I can't wait until the Pens get healthy again.

You have to remember the striped boys are watching for things that are done to Crosby and if you don't think it's a league mandate think again. Wayne got the same treatment for years. However all that said I don't see Sid whinning as much this season. He's growing up and playing tough and really I'm not a big Pens fan or Sid fan but his play this year is changing my opinion of him.

Big game tonight for the Jac's & Wings, Jac's can prove they are for real and the Wings can show they are digging down and trying to make something happen. My take is 4-2 for the Jac's. I've been watching Nash since he was 10 even then you knew he was something special. Look for him to bring a big game tonight maybe not on the board but watch his play without the pea.

Sometimes I feel bad for the guy, everything he does gets put under a microscope. Every player in the league does the same exact things to try and draw penalties, etc.
Apparently he isnt under the microscope, otherwise he would have been sitting in the penalty box.
You have to remember the striped boys are watching for things that are done to Crosby and if you don't think it's a league mandate think again. Wayne got the same treatment for years. However all that said I don't see Sid whinning as much this season. He's growing up and playing tough and really I'm not a big Pens fan or Sid fan but his play this year is changing my opinion of him.
He has a long way to go before I will be convinced he has grown up. IMO he is still a whiney little crybaby who thinks he is "destined" to be the greatest hockey player ever.
Big game tonight for the Jac's & Wings, Jac's can prove they are for real and the Wings can show they are digging down and trying to make something happen. My take is 4-2 for the Jac's. I've been watching Nash since he was 10 even then you knew he was something special. Look for him to bring a big game tonight maybe not on the board but watch his play without the pea.
Im hoping you are wrong on that one. Lets go Wings!!! :clapp:

Im hoping you are wrong on that one. Lets go Wings!!! :clapp:

Wrong....... boy is that an understatement 6-1 to start off the third OK it's 7-1 what in the heck is going on. Obviously I've got no clue....I know I'll blame it on the chemo yeah yeah that's it. Losing to the Leaf's must have embarassed them to the point of playing a good game. What 8-1????????????? Boy Mason starting to look like me...able to turn around and dig it out with the best of them. This game is starting to look like a beer league game.

He got away with that one, fine. But he's been in the box plenty this year, and in much more important situations.

Wrong....... boy is that an understatement 6-1 to start off the third OK it's 7-1 what in the heck is going on. Obviously I've got no clue....I know I'll blame it on the chemo yeah yeah that's it. Losing to the Leaf's must have embarassed them to the point of playing a good game. What 8-1????????????? Boy Mason starting to look like me...able to turn around and dig it out with the best of them. This game is starting to look like a beer league game.
Final score: 9-1!!! Wow. So much for the Wings claiming to not have the high-powered offense that they used to have and need to rely on defense to win games.
Nice to see the Caps won too and now lead the East. :clapp:

Randy Jones made his debut with us tonight and had a goal and assist. After looking flat the last two games they looked great tonight.

Final score: 9-1!!! Wow. So much for the Wings claiming to not have the high-powered offense that they used to have and need to rely on defense to win games.
Nice to see the Caps won too and now lead the East. :clapp:

:crying: :crying: My Jackets got SPANKED. I think Mason forgot to show up last night. It got so bad I couldn't watch it. I'm glad I resisted the urge to buy a ticket for the game. I would have left in the begining of the 3rd period.

The B's are not playing their best hockey right now but once they get over these injuries I think they will be a sleeper team late in the year.

:crying: :crying: My Jackets got SPANKED. I think Mason forgot to show up last night. It got so bad I couldn't watch it. I'm glad I resisted the urge to buy a ticket for the game. I would have left in the begining of the 3rd period.
Yeah, I hear ya. That game would be tough to sit through if you are a Jackets fan.

Anyone else watch Pens/B's tonight? :banana:
Amazing. What a difference Malkin makes.

Anyone else watch Pens/B's tonight? :banana:
Amazing. What a difference Malkin makes.

No question Malkin is a force on the ice, do ya think Thomas wants the OT tally back not a shinning moment in time.

I know. It was almost like after the Guerin goal he just wanted to get out of there.

I know. It was almost like after the Guerin goal he just wanted to get out of there.

Kinda like ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING... quite frankly I don't blame him

I know this is a few weeks old now but holy crap. The Kings are playing the Panthers and they showed a clip of it when they were talking about David Booth. You got to remember to keep the head up.
[YOUTUBE]eSILVbnofZM[/YOUTUBE]

I know David, my son played with and against him. Great kid but this was not about keeping your head up so much as Richards taking advantage of Booth looking over his shoulder making a pass. The take on this hit is greatly divided and it's not the first time Richard's has is involved with a hit like this. I think it was a cheap shot but then again I know the kid who got hurt so I'm not a impartial judge. Every knows the league is looking into the head hits which is long over due the list is long list of players who's playing days have been cut short by concussions. However I will say this...if it had been Sid or Alex IMO Richards would still be suspended. I think however some of the injuries are due to the players believing that their equipment is good enough to protect them. I have even heard youth coaches tell their players to turn backwards to the play saying that if they check you it would be a check from behind so they won't do it. Pretty poor coaching in my book. Last I had heard Booth was still having problems hopefully he is able to start working out in the near future. I saw my own son's rookie year in juniors ended by a concussion and he really wasn't the same until his third year. No matter which side of it your on it's a scary hit.

One last thought on the hit...to quote Pat Quinn " in the old days it wouldn't have to be reviewed because the players would take care of it.

Oh I agree with you Lefte, it was a dirty hit. I just wonder if it would not been as bad if he saw it coming. I dont think I could stomach watching it if I knew the guy. I cant believe Richards wasnt handed a suspension for that. I just never saw that, they dont show hockey highlights on the west coast or I wasnt really paying attention. Ive dealt with a concussion and know they are not fun to deal with, hopefully he is back on the ice soon.

Back