Hopkins Golf Wedges Preview Thread

We'll see Jman haha. I will give it a try, but no promises!

mike, I'd agree with Jman. My highest loft is 57° and I do very well that way, but we are all different.

We'll see Jman haha. I will give it a try, but no promises!

mike, I'd agree with Jman. My highest loft is 57° and I do very well that way, but we are all different.

FWIW, I'm similar w/ the wedge setup OCD and believe I'll have a 54 soon enough.

It's a matter of time I think. I'd like to just get it done in one shot. Need to accumulate the fundage first though.

I'll probably go full grind on the 49 and TBD on the 53. I may just go heel/toe on it too though. Seems like a really versatile grind to me.

It's a matter of time I think. I'd like to just get it done in one shot. Need to accumulate the fundage first though.

I'll probably go full grind on the 49 and TBD on the 53. I may just go heel/toe on it too though. Seems like a really versatile grind to me.

Yeah, the shelf grind is calling me on the 54. I don't think I'll be going beyond those two though, the 48/49 spot in my bag is a full swing only club, I suspect the Altitude DW will be in there soon enough.

If I could, I'd probably go with the channel to have something that gave me a little more bounce if I needed it, but I don't think that's offered.

Thought about the shelf in the GW, but I'm not convinced it's worth the $30 or whatever it is.

Would naturally just depend on what types of shots you like/need/demand out of that spot.

All my wedge shots are 3/4 swings and that has my yardages dialed in and eliminates the guess work.... I like my 60 out of the green side bunkers a lot bc I can take a more aggressive swing and I know the results....once I get my 56 I'll have to play on the bunkers and see if I can generate the same results.... Thanks for the perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, these things were money for me today - so money, in fact, that I didn't have a single bunker shot.

If I could, I'd probably go with the channel to have something that gave me a little more bounce if I needed it, but I don't think that's offered.

Thought about the shelf in the GW, but I'm not convinced it's worth the $30 or whatever it is.

Not trying to make you spend money if you don't have to, but after my round today, I am SO glad I put the shelf grind on my GW. It was fantastic out of tight fairway lies from 110-130 yards for me. I was throwing darts all day.

Not trying to make you spend money if you don't have to, but after my round today, I am SO glad I put the shelf grind on my GW. It was fantastic out of tight fairway lies from 110-130 yards for me. I was throwing darts all day.

That's what I was wanting to hear. I, too, was seriously pondering a shelf 50*. I think that ponder is quickly turning into an action.

Nothing but love for the shelf grind on my GW as well guys. No brainer

That's what I was wanting to hear. I, too, was seriously pondering a shelf 50*. I think that ponder is quickly turning into an action.

....but if another club box shows up at my house.... :bomb:

wedge is getting quite rusty now!!

58 is a winner. Plain and simple. It was a rockstar today in the downpour for me.

58 is a winner. Plain and simple. It was a rockstar today in the downpour for me.

Hitting open faced flop shots with the heel grind has given me the confidence to hit flops from tighter lies than I am normally comfortable with. It also lets the leading edge just glide right through the rough.

I went between heel or heel/toe and I'm glad I went with the heel/toe. I thought the toe chip shot was only a low lofted club's shot, but I'll be damned if it doesn't work really well with that 57°.

I love the pictures of these rusty wedges! Thanks to all for posting.

I was just pricing out a heel/toe grind with some orange and white paint fill, white shaft, orange grip and ferrule. For the level of customization, it came in at a really good price.

I am starting the pitching/chipping portion of my lessons very soon, so I think if there's a time to get a new 58*, it's now. Plus I think the white and orange combination would look really good once the rust starts. At least it does on my 55* Trusty Rusty. Put a white shaft in it, and I think we've got a stunner.

In only my 2nd full round with all 3 Hopkins wedges in the bag and it can safely say they have already earned a permanent spot in the bag. The channel grind was absolutely perfect out of the bunker and rough today. It really is fascinating how the grind allows the leading edge to effortlessly get under the ball. I had a great chip in for birdie out of the rough on 17

And the heel grind on my 60? Talk about a confidence boost. I was putting shots to tap-in distance from all around the green. It's nice not having to fear a skull over the green out of a tight fairway lie or a chunk out of a lie in the rough.

These wedges and grinds have completely changed the way I think about wedges and the short game.

In only my 2nd full round with all 3 Hopkins wedges in the bag and it can safely say they have already earned a permanent spot in the bag. The channel grind was absolutely perfect out of the bunker and rough today. It really is fascinating how the grind allows the leading edge to effortlessly get under the ball. I had a great chip in for birdie out of the rough on 17

And the heel grind on my 60? Talk about a confidence boost. I was putting shots to tap-in distance from all around the green. It's nice not having to fear a skull over the green out of a tight fairway lie or a chunk out of a lie in the rough.

These wedges and grinds have completely changed the way I think about wedges and the short game.

That's great news for someone who's just waiting until payday to hit the order button. I fall in love/fall out of love with wedges pretty quickly, but with the immense amount of time that I am dedicating to short game practice, I want to start out with something brand new to me so that I have no preconceived ideas about the wedge I am using for that practice.

I am ordering the 58 heel/toe grind on Thursday, and the 54 (haven't decided on grind yet) next week. The 4 days a week short game practice will commence as soon as the 58 arrives, since that's my go-to club for everything 75 yards and in barring a long bunker shot or a long running chip.

I hope people realize that I paid for all 3 Hopkins wedges I'm using. I'm not gushing about them because I won them or am getting something from Hopkins. They flat out perform. Period.

I really like the 50 degree I got bent to 49. It fills the exact gap I was needing filled. Buttery smooth as well.

I hope people realize that I paid for all 3 Hopkins wedges I'm using. I'm not gushing about them because I won them or am getting something from Hopkins. They flat out perform. Period.

Are these your first wedges with custom grinds?

If not is there a reason these are amazing vs the competitors? I know for myself I hate Scratch wedges. I can't stand the head shape.

Are these your first wedges with custom grinds?

If not is there a reason these are amazing vs the competitors? I know for myself I hate Scratch wedges. I can't stand the head shape.

Yes they'll are my first with custom grinds. I think I love them so much because they are very similar to my 588s except they seem a hair heavier and slightly larger. They seem to just flow so naturally through the ball where my 588s were on the lighter side and left me more prone to deceleration.

Yes they'll are my first with custom grinds. I think I love them so much because they are very similar to my 588s except they seem a hair heavier and slightly larger. They seem to just flow so naturally through the ball where my 588s were on the lighter side and left me more prone to deceleration.
Awesome, congrats then. Wedge grinds are there to help and enhance your game. So it's great that you're seeing positive results. My Hopkins 52* Shelf grind should be here Weds.

Back