ordering components online from golfsmith issues?

dpgator33

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not, I say again, NOT posting this to bash them or anything, I was just curious what people's experience with golfsmith was. I've started ordering some stuff from some different web sites, building a couple of clubs, and wanted to "demo" a Snake Eyes iron along with some others to figure out what suited me the best. I ordered online a number of components and some other consumables for club making that I just happened to need or had run out of. I paid for next day shipping at a premium cost, but as of yet have not received a shipping confirmation, nor can I look up my order online. I called their customer service number and spoke with a guy who could only tell me that it "wasn't showing up yet in their system."

Is that typical of this site? I like their range of products and their prices and resources seem very comparable or even better than some others, so I am a little surprised at how this order has progressed. My typical reaction if this kind of thing were to happen would be to discard them as an option for future purchases, but I think that there are probably enough people here who have ordered form them who might persuade me that this is an anomaly, and that I should feel comfortable in continuing to consider golfsmith as a reliable source of equipment.

Thank for any input!

I'll be honest. Online? I've had little success with them in terms of happiness. Nothing terrible to write home about, just never prompt shipping. Good prices though.

Stores, I've had massive hit or miss swings. One store in Columbus, called me a liar to my face about an issue. I clearly proved to both Callaway, and the manager of another store the issue I had. The other store (Sawmill Rd) In Columbus is hall of fame good. Anything I order, I walk in and order, and it comes in early. I guess it's a YMMV kind of place.

I bought my driver from them online a few weeks ago and I didn't have any problems at all. It came in about 2 or 3 days later and was a smooth transaction overall.

Ordered plenty online from them and never an issue.

Ordered plenty online from them and never an issue.

Same here. Just bought a bunch of clubmaking supplies a couple of weeks ago and everything arrived in three or four days.

Back