What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a 94 today and it was getting off the tee that killed me, three OB drives in one round is never good for the score card. I think I am due for a putting lesson or fifty because I couldn't hit the ocean if I was in the Titanic...

Did you play in rapid? If so, where at?

Yep, Red Rocks.

Ahh yes. It was in really good shape beginning of July, hope it was still decent for ya. It's easy to lose some OB on a few holes there, I may know :alien:

84 on Caladonia and a 79 on True blue yesterday ! Solid day!

Played 9 and shot a 40, my best 9 in a long time since I've been struggling. The funny part is that I was even par after a birdie on #7 and then hit a horrible drive that cost me a triple bogey on a normally easy hole and still ended up with a 40.

I guess the golf gods couldn't let me get too confident quite yet. They had to put me in my place on one hole just to show me who the boss was.

Played UofI orange course last night and shot a 103, the difference in my game between last year at this time and this year is night and day I feel so lost. Actually hit my driver better then I have in the past month or 2 but nothing else was working.

Bummer cheffor. Stick with it buddy!

I shot an 88 today from the tips on my home course just because I've never played them before and wanted to see what it was like. Surprisingly it made zero difference in my score. The difference is only like 600 yards and it actually made the course more enjoyable for me because the par 3's were all out far enough for me to use a 4h-6i which I seem to hit much better off the tee than I do 7-9 irons from the tee.

Went round in 101. The worst I have drove it for a long time but my short game from 100 yards in bailed me out a lot of times. Pleased with the score considering how bad I drove it

75 (37/38) +3

Really solid round overall - scrambled a bit on the front, but wedge game was on and helped me recover. Only 3 putt was on the 1st hole (bogey). No doubles today. 2 Birdies on the front, 2 on the back. Driver wasn't on today in terms of distance as I hit a bit of a high fade going, but it didn't put me in any trouble.

Was +5 after 14 and played the last 4 holes at -2.

Last edited:
75 (37/38) +3

Really solid round overall - scrambled a bit on the front, but wedge game was on and helped me recover. Only 3 putt was on the 1st hole (bogey). No doubles today. 1 Birdie on the front, 2 on the back. Driver wasn't on today in terms of distance as I hit a bit of a high fade going, but it didn't put me in any trouble.

Was +5 after 14 and played the last 4 holes at -2.

Nice round man your game is on point! Well done Joe

I played nine holes this evening in glorious warm sunshine. I shot what I am pretty sure is my best ever score for 9 holes, certainly my best 9 holes from our back tees, as I played the front 9 in 32 (-3), 4 birdies, 4 pars and a bogey. I hit the ball pretty well but my short game was great. I only needed 9 putts, chipped in at 2 for birdie and holed a putt from off the green at 8 for a birdie as well. I have been making quite a few birdies of late which is good as the match play stage of our Club Championship starts the first weekend in August.

46/61 - 107

Very happy with the front nine, back nine was awful with only one par and one bogey...but the swing is improving and the two Brits I teamed up with were very friendly and told me I had the potential to shoot lower scores...

Seen every bunker on this Nicklaus-designed course...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

42 on the front with one triple and 1 3 putt; got rained out on 13 unfortunately...

45/44- 89. Worst round I've had at my home course in a long time. I hit 11 out of 14 fairways (10 out of 12 with the driver) but my iron play and short game was horrendous. Started the round with a 3 putt, 2 out of 3 bunkers I was in I didn't even get on the green, bunch of chunked chips and my irons were going right all day. Frustrating to be in good position off the tee and throw hole after hole away. Completely wasted one of the best driving days I've ever had.

42 on the front 37 on the back.. 3 birdies on the back 9.

First round with the new 712 AP2's. Love them!

46/40. The score makes it seem better than it was. I could hit absolutely nothing until the 18th hole where I magically remembered how to play. I essentially sprayed the ball all over the front 9. I feel like today I failed the mental aspect of the game completely. I had no confidence in my swing and since my swing was bad I could not build any confidence to end the no confidence that was hurting my game even more. I could not get comfortable again and I was nervous before each swing and one of the guys I was playing with even noticed. The only other time I was ever nervous on any shot was my tee shot on number 1 at Bethpage with a bunch of people watching.

39 - Started Double-Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, last 6 holes -1. Best ball striking so far this year. Wish I could have gotten 18 in.

93 (49/44)

10/14 Fairways - Only two of the four misses were bad. The other two barely ran through.

7/18 Greens

34 Putts (Three 3-putts)

Overall, I am happy with my round at a very nice course which is the former home of The Betsy King LPGA Classic. I could have easily hit in the mid to high 80s but I couldn't get my irons working until late in the round. I just kept chunking everything...

I only managed to play 3 complete holes before my back was in so much pain that I could hardly walk or breathe. I have no idea how or when it happened. There was not a instance when it started. It started on the second hole I think. But it felt like there was a knife stabbing me in my left shoulder blade and coming out of my chest. The worst part was it was cart path only and walking was pure hell on the 3rd and 4th hole. After struggling to walk across the 4th fairway a couple times and the cart girl thinking I was having a heart attack, I picked up and got a rain check. It feels like it just muscle pain right now. Hopefully it will go away soon. I've got to practice for the ATL invitational. Anyone else ever have something like this happen? I've never had back pain like this before.

Shot 35/40 -75 on my home track. Had too many 3 putts. Flat stick is on complete strike right now , burnin edges like a blowtorch

43 on the front nine. Driver was much better today and hit 7 out of 9 fir but had much more trouble after the tee shot. Only hit 3 gir and had 16 putts. Overall not great but I was happy to not spray my driver. Been working hard to stop my bad habits

I played 36 holes yesterday and today. I struck the ball very well and was under 80 all 4 rounds. Yesterday at Jonesco I played the white tees and shot 39/38=77 and 36/37=73 ( I bogeyed the last hole to go +1 ) and today at LFC from the silver tees I shot 38/39=77 and 39/38=77. 10 birdies total in the 4 rounds. This is very unusual for me and I am hoping this continues for a few more weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back