Whats the biggest jump in career best you have had??

redandwhiterob

Reaction score
Handicap
Just thinking a while back when I first broke 100 I went from hitting 101 for my best score to straight down to 94 when I first broke 100. A whopping 7 shot leap.

Whats the biggest leap any of you lot have made?

The first time I ever broke 90, I shot 85. I can't remember if my best at the time was a 90 or a 91.

6 shots, from 84 to 78.

When I broke 80 the first time I shot 79 and my previous best was 82.

I supposed I had some big drops early on when I was always shooting over 100, but that was too long ago to remember!

previous best was 87. then had the round of my life, a 79. an 8 stroke difference. not bad if i must say. :)

I just went from 117 to 106 today it's easy when you're this high up haha

First time I broke 100. I went from 100 to 93.

I shot an 84 to break 90 for the first time. Shot 80 last fall to break 84 for the first time.

One of my regular golfing buddies shot an 86 for his first round breaking 100.

I shot an 84 to break 90 for the first time. Shot 80 last fall to break 84 for the first time.

One of my regular golfing buddies shot an 86 for his first round breaking 100.

Bet he must have thought this golf lark was easy once you get the hang of it eh:act-up:

It's been a while but mine was the first time I broke 100. My home course at the time had all elevated greens and if you couldn't chip high with a 54/58 and land it soft you'd NEVER stick a green on a chip at my skill level. I think I'd shot 105-106 as my best but we decided to go play a little public course one sunday in another town because the club championships were going on my my home course.

I shot a 94 there and was ecstatic. Of course the next time I played my home course I was right back in the triple digits hahaha, that place was only 5200 from the tips and still carries the lowest GIR percentage I've ever played at any course.

Don't know the exact number I beat, but I posted what is still my personal best when I still had a 16 handicap. It was definitely the first time I broke 80 - I doubt that I had never posted anything lower than an 83 or 84, but it was 24 years ago so I really don't know. I posted a one over par 73, so I know that I beat my previous best by at least 8 strokes, and probably more like 10-12 strokes. I just never paid much attention to such things until that amazing round.

I shot a 79 yesterday. My previous best was 88 about 6 months ago, and I have only broken 90 four times ever. And last weekend I shot a whopping 112. The most interesting part is that I was +1 through 15 holes, but it was 8:50 when I got on the 16th tee box and we couldn't see a thing. I lost a tee shot on 16 not because it was a bad shot, but because I couldn't see anything. On 17 the marshalls made me relinquish my cart, so I ran the 18th hole on foot with a 4i, 9i, LW and putter in hand while my buddies took the carts back, all of which were the wrong clubs.

Needless to say in a rushed and blind effort just to finish and post what I knew would be my best score ever regardless, I doubled the last 3 holes to shoot a 79. A good shot at shooting much better than that had there been a hair more daylight and no a-hole marshalls on my back. And with all that, I missed a 3 foot birdie putt on hole 4 and only carded a 37 on the front 9. It was one hell of a round, but I'm really not upset about losing a few strokes on the last 3 holes. It was my best score by a long shot and I broke 80, so I'm happy. Hopefully this will be a consistency from now on. *fingers crossed*

My trick: playing from the blues instead of the tips. The course was 6,800y from the blues, and 7,100 from the tips. I left the driver in the bag the whole time which ultimately was the reason my score was so good. I'm strongly considering never using a driver again, and getting over my ego and playing courses just shy of 7k yards as well.

I think it was 8. 104 to 96 I believe. A while ago.

Bet he must have thought this golf lark was easy once you get the hang of it eh:act-up:

Oh, that was several years ago and he's still just as likely to post a 115 as he is a score under 90.
He can play well when he's on, but when it goes south for him, it just snowballs.

Shot a 74 out of nowhere. Sh@nked most all pitch shots while warming up on the driving range, made bogey on the first 3 holes, then went -1 the next 15.
Can't remember the next best before that, not even sure if I broke 80.
BTW, going thru a serious slump at the moment, almost want to quit, but know I won't. That's how I found this site, googled 'lost my golf swing', and viola!

Mine was 10. From 96 to 86, and the first time I broke 90. Haven't broken 90 since :{

Last summer, I was averaging about a 42-43 per 9 holes, when I shot even par on the back nine of Lakeshore Country Club in Rochester, NY.. It culminated when I eagled the Par 5 18th to finish with a 36. I was literally shaking after the round.

I went from an 81 being my best score to 76 last year, then went from 76 to 73 this year. Seen some improvements along the way.

Last summer, I was averaging about a 42-43 per 9 holes, when I shot even par on the back nine of Lakeshore Country Club in Rochester, NY.. It culminated when I eagled the Par 5 18th to finish with a 36. I was literally shaking after the round.

So what's the most you've beaten your best round by? :eyepoke:

So what's the most you've beaten your best round by? :eyepoke:

Sorry.. kinda missed that didn't I ? :banghead:Year before I went from a 90 to a 85

Best round was a 81 for a while beat it this year with a 78 and had a few 79's this year.

I remember every new PB after breaking 90. Slow progression downward a few shots at a time:

88, 86, 83, 81, 80, 79, 77, 76 and then 74.

Back