DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good golf over there.

The premier course is Links at Lighthouse Sound, ranked by many as the 2nd best public course in the state. But you will pay for it, probably around $130 or so last I saw. Other ones that I like kind of in this order:

River Run
Bear Trap Dunes
Glenn Riddle
Baywood Greens--many say it's almsot a beautiful as Augusta, with the flowers and colors, but some really don't like the layout. But it's a unique experience.

Heritage Shoes (about an hour or so west of Ocean City) one of better challenges on the eastern shore, especially in the wind.

I'd go:

Baywood - haven't heard complaints about the layout? It's as good as it gets in this area, and actually most any area IMO
Lighthouse - Expensive, but great course with breathtaking views.
Rum Pointe

thanks guys. maybe when i get in town we could meet up for a round or something

I'd go:

Baywood - haven't heard complaints about the layout? It's as good as it gets in this area, and actually most any area IMO
Lighthouse - Expensive, but great course with breathtaking views.
Rum Pointe

Some I know don't like the island fairway (14?). I have no specific complaints, other than its just a hard course. Ha

Good call on Rum Pointe I neglected that one.

thanks guys. maybe when i get in town we could meet up for a round or something

Well in 2.5 hours away. Ocean City is more of a once a year weekend deal for me.

But If you ever find your self in the Baltimore area, by all means let me know.

I have to give a vote to Baywood Greens, I just got married there this past June and my buddies and I played the course and while it was tough it was beautiful. Great layout, but like BigBall said some people will not like the island fairway but if that is the only complaint then that's not bad at all. If you can swing the price tag then make it happen. When we played the greens were lightning fast.

Good luck with the decision and let us know how it goes.

late notice my second canceled today for mid afternoon tee time around 3 to 4pm tee time NoVa,PG, Laurel area.. if interested let me know we can find a course to play

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Some I know don't like the island fairway (14?). I have no specific complaints, other than its just a hard course. Ha

Good call on Rum Pointe I neglected that one.

+1 on Rum Pointe and Lighthouse. Tow excellent courses. Another great course in the area is the Bayside course designed by Jack Nicklaus.

Hey, a College Park/Greenbelt guy chiming in. Thanks CAA_Beat for letting me know about this site/thread. I did a quick run through and seems like a lot of people from the VA area. I havent played much there, but so far Raspberry Falls is my favorite. Shot one of my lowest rounds there the first time I played it lol.

Hopefully would like to get out and play with some fellow THP'ers after school slows down/is finished!

NOVA has some good tracks. I tend to enjoy the courses that are part of the raspberry trail(same management) which include raspberry falls, bull run, old hickory, and even up to the links at Gettysburg in PA. Well run public courses that you can usually find good rates on golf now

NOVA has some good tracks. I tend to enjoy the courses that are part of the raspberry trail(same management) which include raspberry falls, bull run, old hickory, and even up to the links at Gettysburg in PA. Well run public courses that you can usually find good rates on golf now

Yep. I've played all those in the past. Like them all. We played in a 54 hole one day tournament at Gettysburg last month. Man 54 holes of that course in a day will take its toll out on you.

My playing may be a bit limited the next month or two,due to work and some knee issues that I'm having right now. But hope to make an outing or two before the season is over.

Going to be in DC august 8-11th. I plan on playing a round or two while we're there. My father lives in Fairfax, and the rest of my family is in Vienna. They belong to Fraquier (SP is wrong) Springs. Should I just golf there, or what would you reccomend for the area? It'll be a friday round of golf...

Has anyone played Creighton Farms out in Aldie, VA? Any thoughts on the course?

Going to be in DC august 8-11th. I plan on playing a round or two while we're there. My father lives in Fairfax, and the rest of my family is in Vienna. They belong to Fraquier (SP is wrong) Springs. Should I just golf there, or what would you reccomend for the area? It'll be a friday round of golf...

Fauquier Springs is a nice private course. I live about 10 minutes from there. Some interesting holes for sure and if you like scenery it's a good track. If I could play any of the courses around I suggest Bull Run in Haymarket VA. One of my all time favorites.

Has anyone played Creighton Farms out in Aldie, VA? Any thoughts on the course?

I will be playing it in either September or October, A friend is a member and the few that I know have played it say it is a really good course. If you get the chance, play it.

Damn I am our of town that weekend or I would have definitely tried to meet up for a round. Some good options out that way I know Westfields is pretty nice I played there 4 years ago quite pricey but great track.

Good luck picking a course and let us know where you play.

Played Creighton Farms this morning, shot an 84. Had a couple birdies on the back nine. Great course, very few people out there. Play it if you can get on.

Played Creighton Farms this morning, shot an 84. Had a couple birdies on the back nine. Great course, very few people out there. Play it if you can get on.

Nice round, yeah the course is always empty. One of the exclusive gems around.

Sorta reminds me of RTJ.

I am actually a member at Creighton, joined in March thanks to a great (lucky) homebuyer incentive across the street from the back gate . Only 140 current members so rarely anyone on the course most days, yet always in immaculate shape. Titleistdc, 84 is a great first round out there.

It is a great course. I was thoroughly impressed with the layout and the condition it was in. I like fast greens and they were quick and the ball rolled very true there. The service was great as well. You are lucky to be a member there.

I am from further north, but played Raspberry Falls before my Wedding a few years back and really enjoyed it.

I'm most likely going to be off on Thursday and looking to play Waverly Woods, Blue Mash or one of the Howard/Montgomery County courses. Anyone else able/interested in getting out. I'd like to get out by 9:00'ish but I'm flexible.

I am actually a member at Creighton, joined in March thanks to a great (lucky) homebuyer incentive across the street from the back gate . Only 140 current members so rarely anyone on the course most days, yet always in immaculate shape. Titleistdc, 84 is a great first round out there.

If you ever need a playing partner, let me know. My friend that is a member told me about the "homebuyer" incentive and thats a hell of a deal.

So lets get a group to play mid September? I would love to play Bull Run, have played there early in the year and it was in good shape. A little pricey for some but a great track. Suggestions?

So lets get a group to play mid September? I would love to play Bull Run, have played there early in the year and it was in good shape. A little pricey for some but a great track. Suggestions?

Done and done let's make it happen. Let's get Dev. To organize it all he is so money at putting these little get togethers on.

How much are we looking at for Bull Run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back