PGA TourCaddie (formerly Golfshot GPS)

one of my playing partners uses this and says it locks his Iphone 4 up,anybody else?

Have only tried it on my iPhone5, but it runs as smooth as butta!

Are you allowed to use tech caddy tips during a competitive round? I thought gps was ok as long as only giving passive info and not suggestions..?
(but ready to be corrected!)

iPhone's aren't allowed during USGA competitions because of the ability to give directional (i.e. wind) info.

iPhone's aren't allowed during USGA competitions because of the ability to give directional (i.e. wind) info.
I know this is an oldish thread but I just wanted to clarify this point.

IPhones or other smartphones are allowed in competitions but ONLY if not used as a GPS device. You can check your emails etc. But you are not allowed to use it as a GPS device as it has a compass build in (stupid I know but that are the rules). So it doesn't matter if it is Golfshot or Tour Caddy you can't use either program during a competition.

I know this is an oldish thread but I just wanted to clarify this point.

IPhones or other smartphones are allowed in competitions but ONLY if not used as a GPS device. You can check your emails etc. But you are not allowed to use it as a GPS device as it has a compass build in (stupid I know but that are the rules). So it doesn't matter if it is Golfshot or Tour Caddy you can't use either program during a competition.

Actually there has been an update by the R&A and USGA, smartphones are now okay as GPS devices even if they have a compass build in.
http://www.randa.org/RandA/News/New...les-Regarding-Distance-Measuring-Devices.aspx

According to Shotzoom both Tour Caddie and Golfshot are legal to use as they don't contain non-conforming features. The 'caddy' feature only uses the normal distance and club distances you've entered. It does not calculate a distance based on e.g. slope, wind, temperature etc. Still until I see an official statement by R&A or USGA on these 'club suggestions' I would be careful. None of the standalone DMDs offer this, even the top of the range ones so that would indicate it is non-conforming! Just a guess though.

I downloaded this a couple of days ago to try on the course. Just the basic version for now.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I played 9 holes (well, really 7 holes because I jumped around a slow twosome in front of me) this morning, and decided that I, as a longtime Golfshot GPS user, would give Tour Caddie a try.

Where I find Golfshot to be intuitive, I find Tour Caddie to be confusing. Should I swipe? Should I push? How do I get to where I want to go? Maybe a lot of apps are going to the full screen swipe model, and I don't like it. I prefer the 'push button' and 'slot machine reel' type of interface, where the items that can be manipulated have clear definitions and boundaries. Tour Caddie, to me, would lead to a lot more fumbling around, and make my play slower, more like a #knucklehead.

For now, I'm sticking with Golfshot.

This thing has an overly complicated UI. Someone decided to go nuts with buttons and swipes.

Yup! I gave up on trying to figure it out on the first hole. It took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to enter a score.

Golf logix is so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually there has been an update by the R&A and USGA, smartphones are now okay as GPS devices even if they have a compass build in.
http://www.randa.org/RandA/News/New...les-Regarding-Distance-Measuring-Devices.aspx

According to Shotzoom both Tour Caddie and Golfshot are legal to use as they don't contain non-conforming features. The 'caddy' feature only uses the normal distance and club distances you've entered. It does not calculate a distance based on e.g. slope, wind, temperature etc. Still until I see an official statement by R&A or USGA on these 'club suggestions' I would be careful. None of the standalone DMDs offer this, even the top of the range ones so that would indicate it is non-conforming! Just a guess though.

Swing by Swing Pro has this feature now that will calculate slope and wind, and give you the distance to the middle of the green, and the calculated "plays like xxx distance" to the middle. Those features can be turned off if you want the basic GPS version.

Back