Hitting forged iron for first time tomorrow, anything I should take into it?

Also, sound comes as much from head shape as it does from manufacturing process

Doesn't every iron require a downward blow?

Yes they do but I was referring to picking the ball off the turf with a flat or positive angle of attack vs hitting down with a negative angle of attack. Lots of golfers have different "downward blow" angles and I just wanted the OP to make sure he was hitting down to get the maximum benefit from the forged iron. That's it... :D

Yes they do but I was referring to picking the ball off the turf with a flat or positive angle of attack vs hitting down with a negative angle of attack. Lots of golfers have different "downward blow" angles and I just wanted the OP to make sure he was hitting down to get the maximum benefit from the forged iron. That's it... :D

But again. Same can be said for a cast iron. Downward strikes aren't exclusive for forged irons.

But again. Same can be said for a cast iron. Downward strikes aren't exclusive for forged irons.

True but most of the cast Game Improvement irons (or SGI for that matter) are designed such that if you hit the ball on the bottom groove you still get assistance. Forged irons aren't usually made with that type of help. But you're right about the exclusivity of a downward strike...

True but most of the cast Game Improvement irons (or SGI for that matter) are designed such that if you hit the ball on the bottom groove you still get assistance. Forged irons aren't usually made with that type of help. But you're right about the exclusivity of a downward strike...

Head shape determines forgiveness not manufacturing method.

Head shape determines forgiveness not manufacturing method.

Hmm, I've learned something new. I always thought that weight placement determined forgiveness for off-center strikes.

Hmm, I've learned something new. I always thought that weight placement determined forgiveness for off-center strikes.

Which is part of the head shape. And still nothing to do with manufacturing process.

You should know that the only difference between cast and forged irons is the spelling. Performance wise, they're the same.

Quoting this not to argue, but find it interesting that this years Cleveland 588 line contests something slightly different.. They say their face forging tech is designed to enhance ball speed and feel.

Blu is gonna be up all night now...

Quoting this not to argue, but find it interesting that this years Cleveland 588 line contests something slightly different.. They say their face forging tech is designed to enhance ball speed and feel.

Just to be a jerk. Nike says that the cavity in the back of their driver does the same thing.

Just to be a jerk. Nike says that the cavity in the back of their driver does the same thing.

hahahaha you impress me buddy. Even a forged iron thread, NOTHING to do with Nike drivers... and you find a way to bring that driver into it hahaha!

Awesome. Does Nike really claim the cavity improves 'feel'?

hahahaha you impress me buddy. Even a forged iron thread, NOTHING to do with Nike drivers... and you find a way to bring that driver into it hahaha!

Awesome. Does Nike really claim the cavity improves 'feel'?

Probably not. But they do say it increases ball speed. But it doesn't matter for this thread

Back