Champions Celebration - 2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Watching that celebration video again made me feel so awesome :D

To be there on that deck with all those people, seeing the emotions go trough several people and everybody being genuinely happy for each other was something special. I remember being quite by myself and rather quiet the first half an hour after last group had left the last green, not because I would have not been happy for Team Paradise but because I realized that it was over, I was not about to see most of the people there the next day. I was surprised to find my self quite touched and misty eyed on the last green with all the people there, and I might say, it was a warm feeling I will not soon forget.

Awesome.

Watching that celebration video again made me feel so awesome :D

To be there on that deck with all those people, seeing the emotions go trough several people and everybody being genuinely happy for each other was something special. I remember being quite by myself and rather quiet the first half an hour after last group had left the last green, not because I would have not been happy for Team Paradise but because I realized that it was over, I was not about to see most of the people there the next day. I was surprised to find my self quite touched and misty eyed on the last green with all the people there, and I might say, it was a warm feeling I will not soon forget.

Awesome.
I've watched that video countless times.

Each time lights a competitive fire inside me.

I have more to add about more people who deserve some thanks and who have left a mark on me in this MC but I wanted to say that I am literally floored by just how many people came up to me or have since texted me, called me, PM'd me to offer their congratulations. So many people said that if it couldn't be their team they were pulling for me and my team to get the job done. Do you know how great that makes me feel? People around here make me feel so genuinely loved it just blows me away. Our team didn't have the biggest number of supporters but when the dust settled and we won even those who were pulling for either their own team or the team they chose to support reached out to tell me congrats.

Thank you guys, I'm still having people come up to me around work and at the gym to tell me they saw my win on Facebook and congrats. Such a cool feeling!!!

2014 slogans are going to be excellent. Oh man I want back in. I want that cup!

I expected this out of each of you. Its something special, it really is and both of you two played a major role in it coming back.

Nothing to be sorry about Captain and I'll get into why a little later. There were no losers in this battle. Yes, one got to walk away with some hardware and the champagne. But I left more like a team in our loss than I did before we entered into the competition. That makes me feel good.

Well said Nate!!! No losers in this great event. Dean, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry for and I dont want to hear you saying it. You took 7 personalities and made us the great team we are today. You are all awesome in my book!!!

I expected this out of each of you. Its something special, it really is and both of you two played a major role in it coming back.

Albatross in the clutch!!!

I'm good with riding coattails here.

I'm glad I could do my part. As that was one goal of mine for this event, for other to be able to experience this opportunity of a lifetime. However, I was not prepared for the competitive fire that was lit within me, and now it fuels me and my golf game.

I so wanna be a part of this next year

This means a great deal to me, as I sit here on my own driving range, reliving the week and preparing myself for gold adventures to come.

It was everything I had ever hoped it would be, and 1000 times more after that. Thank you Josh.

This means a great deal to me, as I sit here on my own driving range, reliving the week and preparing myself for gold adventures to come.

It was everything I had ever hoped it would be, and 1000 times more after that. Thank you Josh.

Well said. I think that each of us probably felt like that for similar and different reasons.

We all probably had an idea of what we thought it would be like and I know there isn't one person that was there who didn't have their expectations blown out of the water by the awesomeness that was the Morgan Cup 2013

I NEED to be a part of this in 2014. Since the Morgan Cup ended, post after post I read it's about the memories, experiences, forging of new relationships, solidifying old relationships and anecdotes from the 2013 MC. I don't know anyone that I am reading about, yet I get choked up and even shed a few tears reading what this tournament meant to so many people. What I love the most is that I think I have read through all the posts and didn't fine one where the champions were rubbing it in that they won or being obnoxious in anyway. That tells me that this tournament is about the ride and not the result. As a newbie here and someone who has been searching in his 'golf life' to find a group, organization, or whatever you want to call it that understands golf and appreciates it's truest meaning, I am truly blessed to have found THP.....My competitive fire burns as bright as anyone else & I love the thought at calling myself a champion, but I want to experience the Morgan Cup to take with me the memories so many of you are posting about. To find unique individuals from all walks of life & call them friends when it's all said and done. Winning would be icing on the cake, but walking away with a friend or two for a lifetime would be sweeter.....I know many have said it, but it cannot be said enough. Thank you JB & GG for this community and thank you for creating the Morgan Cup....

This video is awesome! Really shows how much JB and GG do to keep the MC and this wonderful site going. I don't know about everyone else, but I would be lost without THP. A thank you is the least I can do to say how much I appreciate what JB, GG, and the forum leaders do to keep this wonderful site going strong.

Thank you! And congrats to the MC champs!

Man, I'm still getting emotional watching this. This team meant so much to me. I don't know if I could fight for any other team; any other captain like I did for this group. Just wonderful memories.

I NEED to be a part of this in 2014. Since the Morgan Cup ended, post after post I read it's about the memories, experiences, forging of new relationships, solidifying old relationships and anecdotes from the 2013 MC. I don't know anyone that I am reading about, yet I get choked up and even shed a few tears reading what this tournament meant to so many people. What I love the most is that I think I have read through all the posts and didn't fine one where the champions were rubbing it in that they won or being obnoxious in anyway. That tells me that this tournament is about the ride and not the result. As a newbie here and someone who has been searching in his 'golf life' to find a group, organization, or whatever you want to call it that understands golf and appreciates it's truest meaning, I am truly blessed to have found THP.....My competitive fire burns as bright as anyone else & I love the thought at calling myself a champion, but I want to experience the Morgan Cup to take with me the memories so many of you are posting about. To find unique individuals from all walks of life & call them friends when it's all said and done. Winning would be icing on the cake, but walking away with a friend or two for a lifetime would be sweeter.....I know many have said it, but it cannot be said enough. Thank you JB & GG for this community and thank you for creating the Morgan Cup....

You have a pretty great group of guys out there in TX that get together quite a bit. Jump in and meet some of the guys. A few of them were part of this year's event.

2014 slogans are going to be excellent. Oh man I want back in. I want that cup!

I know exactly what you guys mean, it makes you want to work that much harder and improve that much more!!!

I just finally got to sit down and watch this one too. The end of the month was hectic for me and I just didn't have the time. But this was an awesome celebration. So proud of all you guys! I was proud to be a part of it last year and really wanted to come be a part of it on the other side this year. Just didn't work out. I hope hope hope to be able to come down on the helping side for next year's event, whatever that may be. Congrats, Jake and Team Paradise on the fantastic win! I was behind you the whole way. To all the other participants, great job, fellas!

I think I will include this in the final round of coverage. Its fitting to have it at the end.

I think I will include this in the final round of coverage. Its fitting to have it at the end.

Yep yep. Most fitting!

Awesome video! Nothing more to really say. Just a great, great video.

I've watched this video every night this week. Each time I'm moved just as much as the first time I saw it.

I watched this on the TV last night and I have to say that during a few special moments, I still got a bit misty. This was one heck of a wild ride and one I am so happy to have been a part of.

Just a heads up, that this will be included in the coverage.

Just a heads up, that this will be included in the coverage.

Good call let everyone see the joy that took place

Back