Membership Fees and Green fees

Ah Scotland, how I miss Scotland. I lived there for nearly 5 years before I moved to New Zealand. Apart from the big name courses, I always found golf affordable over there.

Over here in the northeast it's usually a Initiation fee + monthly membership fee + cart fee (some allow free play for walking) + locker fee + food and drinks minimum (usually).

Over here in the northeast it's usually a Initiation fee + monthly membership fee + cart fee (some allow free play for walking) + locker fee + food and drinks minimum (usually).

Same with me in Alabama.

My club had no initiation fee. I can't remember the dues for some reason. Maybe $1,800? $100 range fee per year. Food and bev minimum of $75 per month. Handicapping was $30 per year. Carts were $14 per round if you wanted one. Events/tournaments were around $25 + cart fee.

Are we talking private clubs? A private club that I am contemplating joining has a young professional membership level. It's for anyone under 35. No initation (would be $10k) and the membership dues come out to roughly $375 /mos. Receive all the perks of cart, locker, etc.

Are we talking private clubs? A private club that I am contemplating joining has a young professional membership level. It's for anyone under 35. No initation (would be $10k) and the membership dues come out to roughly $375 /mos. Receive all the perks of cart, locker, etc.

That's about what courses are around here. But I think if you are take a cart, you are usually looking at a $20 fee.

The course that I joined as part of their "Young Executive Member" had a small initiation fee ($200) and it is $215 per month.
Handicapping is $30 per year and you have to pay a cart fee if you want to ride. Walking is free, range is free, no food and beverage minimums. It is just a golf club too, so you don't pay for tennis, pool, or assessments. It is one of the more affordable courses in my area and it is a pretty nice course as well.

The course in my neighborhood is not super-fancy or anything, but their dues for a single member under 40 are a $2500 initiation fee and the monthly dues are $290. It includes a fitness center, pool and tennis along with golf, range balls, clubhouse use, etc.

The course near me has a $3000 initiation fee and is like $200/mo with a food minimum. They have a young executive program though that is only $500 down and $180/mo with no food minimum

The course that I joined as part of their "Young Executive Member" had a small initiation fee ($200) and it is $215 per month.
Handicapping is $30 per year and you have to pay a cart fee if you want to ride. Walking is free, range is free, no food and beverage minimums. It is just a golf club too, so you don't pay for tennis, pool, or assessments. It is one of the more affordable courses in my area and it is a pretty nice course as well.

i need to move to texas...

I need to move to America, with the quality of the courses, in many cases very affordable fees, and elongated golf season, it should be reasonable to demand to pack up and move the wife.....

Plus fast food is cheap and plentiful, and they have this burrito place I have been hearing a lot about..... oh, and the Cherry Coke.

food is cheap and plentiful, and they have this burrito place I have been hearing a lot about..... oh, and the Cherry Coke.

Open one in Canada and start jumping up and down in the mounds of cash.

The course nearest to my house wants $30k US per person to join and had a 2 year waiting list. That doesn't even include the yearly dues, minimal eating requirements, etc..

It's an absolute racket and I think that's why so many of the clubs are dying or turning public. In the vast majority of markets, who can really afford that? I can play a lifetime's worth of golf for $30k.

My father-in-law lives in a smaller (but still well known metro area). He's got a nice course near him with 54 holes (3 full 18s) and they will let him play unlimited golf (plus a cart fee if he wants one) for $150 a year. Amazingly, he doesn't do it despite the fact that he likes golf and has almost new clubs, a pull cart, etc..

I have a similar situation - on a waiting list for a club that is $175k to join and I'm told that in the best scenario I'll get in by 2016.

It's for business solely - would never pay that for fun. What shocks me is that 3 years is quite a bit of time.

If it's a good resource for your business, it's a shame you can't get straight in, hell of a time to wait regardless of the fee. Maybe in this case especially regarding the fee.

Open one in Canada and start jumping up and down in the mounds of cash.

We have a Qdoba here, opened last year.... sadly the wife is scared to try it due to rumors of people getting violently ill after eating there.

I have a similar situation - on a waiting list for a club that is $175k to join and I'm told that in the best scenario I'll get in by 2016.

what the what.

It's Dallas man, everything is fake, pretentious, and expensive!!

There is no such thing as a Private Club, for within probably 2 hours of where I live.

Rates here? The 9 hole I used to play is $680 this year, with a practice green, and a range you still have to buy balls for. The 18 I plan on playing next year is currently $540 per year, no range or practice facility, but a very well stocked beer cart.

The closest nice course is 45 minutes away, $1200 a year plus cart rentals, free range balls, but the most stuck-up snobby arses in the world run it. (Once showed up 45 minutes prior to tee time to warm up on the range, and was told I was way too early)

I know a lot of the clubs here are desperate for members, so they're willing to negotiate. In the process of negotiating now.

LOL that is more than my house cost LOL

I would be really interested to find out if people who are members at these clubs that have expensive dues and initiation fees etc, feel that they have gotten their money's worth out of it.

It's Dallas man, everything is fake, pretentious, and expensive!!

I expect an invite to whatever course this is in a few years!! Haha

Back