TM Ghost Spider putter

bogeybrain

Reaction score
So for the past 15 or so years ive been using the scotty Cameron pro-platinum Newport mid-slant and its served its purpose through good and bad but im looking for a new putter that will take my game to the next level. I was practicing at golfsmith with every puter and length made and to me the best feeling putter was the ghost spider. anyone use this? I ordered one the other day from my home tracks golf shop . don't know how to explain it but when you take practice strokes with it the white almost burns an image of your putting stroke in your mind . opinions?

Normally, I play a blade putter, but when my Nike Ignite got stolen, I moved to a mallet and demo'd that putter and putted lights out the one day the pro shop let me take one out on the course. Though I didn't pull the trigger, that, and the Odyssey Mallets are the only ones I'd use, coming from a guy whose demo'd a few Scotty's, also, this ought to be moved to the Flatstick sub forum

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

I have the ghost spider S and came to it from the Manta. I absolutely adore this putter, excellent feel and feedback (or as Jman puts it Sound = feel, and he is a smart man!). Since putting this putter in the bag, late last year I can count using only my fingers and maybe a toe or two how many 3-putts I have had. I practice regularly with it and even the long range putts end up in a reasonable distance for a second putt. I'd encourage you to spend some more time with it, and if it works, put it in the bag!

Me gusta this putter. I threw a mid slim 2.0 on it and I really love it. I was considering getting the DLL in 38", but I will wait until that one gets a little cheaper as I really feel like I put a good stroke on the ball with the regular ghost spider. And I bought it on the marketplace from Damaikas for a fantastic deal. I'm using this one over my Scotty and my SeeMore. I find that this putter is quite easy to keep on track especially on the shorter putts inside of 10'.

I was a Ping iSo Pure fan for a long time. Then I picked up the TM Monza Spider in a golf shop, hit 3 balls with it and bought it on the spot.
That one stayed in my bag for 3 or 4 years. Then one day I had the chance to try the original TM Ghost Spider and my golf life changed.
I don't know how anyone would be able to create a putter that would kick this one out of my bag. Am I being a bit melodramatic ? Sure....but I really do believe in this putter.

I have a ghost spider. I like it well enough. Not my favorite putter, but it isn't bad.

I've never played one on the course, but in the store it was the best feeling putter I've ever tried. The new Daddy Long Legs didn't even come close. I'm just waiting until I have some extra money and can snag one.

I've never played one on the course, but in the store it was the best feeling putter I've ever tried. The new Daddy Long Legs didn't even come close. I'm just waiting until I have some extra money and can snag one.

My club pro gives me cost plus 10% if you want I'll shoot you a pm what the total cost was and I can get one for you too if you're interested

My spider came in today !! Spent about two hours putting with it today and I am so impressed with it ! Can't wait to put it in live action !

Had my 34" Ghost Spider putter for about 18 months now and absolutely love it.

I love the look of the Ghost Spider S and also the Daddy long Longs but can't seem to prize myself away from what has truly become "ye old faithful" for me.

So for the past 15 or so years ive been using the scotty Cameron pro-platinum Newport mid-slant and its served its purpose through good and bad but im looking for a new putter that will take my game to the next level. I was practicing at golfsmith with every puter and length made and to me the best feeling putter was the ghost spider. anyone use this? I ordered one the other day from my home tracks golf shop . don't know how to explain it but when you take practice strokes with it the white almost burns an image of your putting stroke in your mind . opinions?

First off let me tell you the last 2 years my putting has gone in the tank. I have have some good days and others just crap. Been though a half a dozen putters in the last 2 years which isn't like me. Before this spell I owed 5 different putters in 25 years . The final straw was last week 7 three putts...god help me..worst putting round ever.

Moving on the the Spider... I tried the Daddy long legs couldn't control it , then Then Spider S liked it especially on short putts but lag putts were short or long. The insert seemed too soft or jumpy ..don't know but I knew I was on the right track. Tried the 2012 F0-72 liked the insert lag putting was very good but just didn't look right at address missed too many short ones.
Sooo... I got my hands on a Spider Ghost 2012 model and ohh.. sweet baby . It has completely changed my putting, short putts are a breeze. I can't remember
ever lagging as well as I am with it. I am more aggressive putting now , instead of trying to die the ball in the hole in case I would go by the hole too far a miss coming back. Now I am trying to make 20-10 footers and a lot of themare going in. If not I am not really afraid of running it by a few feet as I am confident I will make the come backer.

In short the Ghost Spider is a game changer for me ... Love it.. can't wait to get to the coarse , not to mention my golf partner is trilled I have it the bag as well.
gb

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Ghost Spider S today. Every time I go into Dicks, this is the one putter that I can make almost every putt with. With the Daddy Long Legs I was always going right. I never even seriously considered trying a putter like this until the DDL testing. People were having such good luck with it that I opened my mind a bit and tried that style. Now if it only performs as well on the course as it did in the store I'll be one happy camper. I think what pushed me over the edge was when a guy walked by and said, "Nice putt". I don't hear that very often.

My Ghost Spider and me are not on speaking terms this year. I loved it at first, but once the honeymoon was over, she just wasn't the same anymore.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Ghost Spider S today. Every time I go into Dicks, this is the one putter that I can make almost every putt with. With the Daddy Long Legs I was always going right. I never even seriously considered trying a putter like this until the DDL testing. People were having such good luck with it that I opened my mind a bit and tried that style. Now if it only performs as well on the course as it did in the store I'll be one happy camper. I think what pushed me over the edge was when a guy walked by and said, "Nice putt". I don't hear that very often.

Awesome! I'm loving mine !

Lol what happened to cause the divorce?

Not sure exactly. I'm sure it wasn't me though. But I was missing alot of putts. I think the fact that I had even thought about trying a different putter just got to her. Then, one day I left her at home and haven't looked back.

I still haven't had an actual round with it yet though. The day I got it I went to go walk 9 at my club and it started pouring. I waited for the rain to stop and them spent about two hours putting. It was pretty awesome. I play a game on the putting green. I start from the fringe and go for the second closest pin and work my way around to every pin. I try to make it around in 12 putts twice in a row. My first go around I made it in 10 putts... I do this drill with my Scotty Cameron and never beat 11

I have only rolled carpet putts with mine and I absolutely love it.

All 1 putts on the carpet. Avoided any 2 putts and lord knows, I had ZERO 3 putts. :bomb:

Well today was first competition round with it and have to say I am more than please with it. Had 27 putts today .. It's been a while since I was under 30. Best thing was my longest second putt was no more than 2 feet

Nice bogeybrain. I had great results with mine today as well. After 4 holes, I had 4 putts, but I had a chip in on one of them. I quit counting after that so I wouldn't get into my own head. But I was really impressed with the Ghost Spider S. My lag putting was great and I was making a lot of 3 to 5 footers that I used to miss. This is definitely staying in the bag. The true test will be next week when I'm playing a familiar course. Then I'll be able to compare it to what I usually do there.

Nice bogeybrain. I had great results with mine today as well. After 4 holes, I had 4 putts, but I had a chip in on one of them. I quit counting after that so I wouldn't get into my own head. But I was really impressed with the Ghost Spider S. My lag putting was great and I was making a lot of 3 to 5 footers that I used to miss. This is definitely staying in the bag. The true test will be next week when I'm playing a familiar course. Then I'll be able to compare it to what I usually do there.

Right on brother! What I find so unique about it is the takeaway seems so effortless .. Perfect balance!

I have been putting with a taylormade spider putter for almost a year now. It is by far the best putter I have ever used. The large head makes it easy to control and swing straight through. When I began golfing I was having alignment issues while putting and the graphics on the top of the putter made it extremely easy to do so. I would definetly recommend this to any golfer looking to improve their putting

Back