Thrift Store Fassion

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
Do you guys ever hit up the thrift stores to find some amazing classic or retro attire? Before I played golf, I always visited thrift stores because they have some hidden gems (great t-shirts mainly; if you look hard enough).

Only once - I went to one of the inaugural balls for Clinton's first term and didn't want to spend major money on a dress I was only going to wear once or twice max. I found a great red velvet one from the 50s that was perfect and a lot less expensive.

Do you guys ever hit up the thrift stores to find some amazing classic or retro attire? Before I played golf, I always visited thrift stores because they have some hidden gems (great t-shirts mainly; if you look hard enough).

Where else are you going to find some "solid" gear for 70's themed parties!! It is not beneath me to shop at Thrift Stores!

I buy belts there, then cut them down to fit my dog's neck. Pet stores want $29 for a dog collar in his size. A belt cost $2. He does not know the difference. have also purchased tools. I once bought an antique desk for $39 which my wife quickly confiscated because it really was an antique worth much more. :clapp:

I used to pick up old t shirts and plaid pants but it seems like you can get those anywhere now a days.

I always look for ashtrays at the Thrift Store, especially the old big ass glass ones. I don't smoke inside but I like to have them handy for Cigars and leave them outside

I always look for ashtrays at the Thrift Store, especially the old big ass glass ones. I don't smoke inside but I like to have them handy for Cigars and leave them outside

Good call, Ive picked up a few of those when I used to smoke. We also would pick up couches when I was younger and living with my buddies.

We don't shop at the thrift stores, but we do take a lot of stuff there and drop off. We do love to garage sale, lol. I don't go often, but Liz is a fanatic about it especially now that the grandkids need everything and out grow it in weeks.

I grew up in a small town that had 6 country clubs. The local thrift store was called "Fibber Magee's Closet". You could score some sweet 80's syle golf attire. All the members of the clubs would drop off last seasons clothes and us locals would snag it up. I was the little fat kid on the course wearing cardigans and plaid pants, lovin it!

I grew up in a small town that had 6 country clubs. The local thrift store was called "Fibber Magee's Closet". You could score some sweet 80's syle golf attire. All the members of the clubs would drop off last seasons clothes and us locals would snag it up. I was the little fat kid on the course wearing cardigans and plaid pants, lovin it!

Next time I am in Hilton Head, or someplace like that, I will have to remember to look up all the thrift stores.

Next time I am in Hilton Head, or someplace like that, I will have to remember to look up all the thrift stores.

It's a great way to pick up some nice name brand gear for nothing. Also, check out your local Goodwill's, if you have any. I've picked up a few golf bags at my local Goodwill that i've then sold on ebay.

It's a great way to pick up some nice name brand gear for nothing. Also, check out your local Goodwill's, if you have any. I've picked up a few golf bags at my local Goodwill that i've then sold on ebay.

I got a Payne Stewart shirt just this week at a Good Will.

I got a Payne Stewart shirt just this week at a Good Will.

Sweet pick up there! My girl is obsessed with yard sales, thrift stores, Goodwill's and i've always just let it be her thing. Then she starts bringing me golf shirts, pants, balls, and i'm thinking that i have to get in on this.

She met a guy at a flea market in Johnson City, TN that owns about 6 golf courses in the southeast. He has a garage full of golf balls he'll let go for $2/dozen. Just picked up 4 dozen, premium condition, Nike One Vapors for $8. And it's fun for the whole family!

Back