Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I landed 2 different 5 iron shots from 170-180yds in windy conditions within 3ft of the cup, both for birdies. The rest of the round sucked. :)

So what - you had two good shots and 2 birdies. :thumb:

So what - you had two good shots and 2 birdies. :thumb:

Well I guess I had 6 good shots as both drives were good and the 3ft putts were also good. So 6 good shots and a host of very bad ones too. I believe I posted my highest tournament hole score today, an 11.

Well I guess I had 6 good shots as both drives were good and the 3ft putts were also good. So 6 good shots and a host of very bad ones too. I believe I posted my highest tournament hole score today, an 11.

See - 6 good shots. Don't worry about the 11. It will be better next time.

Today, I did not play well overall, but I did hit one stellar shot. I had 217 to the center of the green from an uphill lie in light rough. I got my 3 iron on it and it sailed straight at the flag, finishing about 2 yards off the front of the green. I chipped up and made the putt for par.

225 yard Par 3 (played 217 yards) I hit a 4 iron and landed in the front of the green (207):clapp: and it rolled up to 5 feet :banana: leaving me a slick side hill lie putt and of course I missed it :banghead: and made par.

Yesterday I knocked a 20 yard green side bunker shot to about 6" of the pin. Made that shorty for par, which was one of the few pars I had yesterday. Hopefully today I will have a few more better than average shots. I need to get back to making more birdies like yesteryear..........

My shot o' the day was tinged with embarassment. A short par 4, little over 300. I waited until the group in front of me was right next to the green, then hit a low rolling draw, the kind where the ball seems to have a motor in it, which rolled onto the green right next to a guy chipping. Had to walk up to the green apologizing for hitting into those guys, while doing the happy- happy joy-joy dance on the inside.

My shot o' the day was tinged with embarassment. A short par 4, little over 300. I waited until the group in front of me was right next to the green, then hit a low rolling draw, the kind where the ball seems to have a motor in it, which rolled onto the green right next to a guy chipping. Had to walk up to the green apologizing for hitting into those guys, while doing the happy- happy joy-joy dance on the inside.

Great tee shot BLK! it's hard not to grin when you drive a par 4, even a short one.

I've driven the green just once, on an even shorter 280yd par 4. The threesome on the green saw it coming and dodged the ball as it rolled to the back fringe. When I got to the green as they were walking off, I apologized profusely. They all gave me a thumbs up and said "great drive!"

I eagled the 3rd hole at the local municipal course today. It's a par 4 that plays 325. I hit driver and was in a fairway bunker about 50 yds short/left of the green. I hit a 56* wedge that came out nice and high, the ball landed about 10 feet short of the hole on a down slope, took a big bounce, and then bounced directly in the hole. Kinda reminded me of Tiger's US Open last year when he bounced that shot in. Pretty cool.

Great shot TC! One of these days for me!

Great shot TC! One of these days for me!

thanks smalls, like my dad always says, "i'm as lucky as a dog with two....". I'll let you fill in the blank.

i will be giddy with joy for an entire week when i get my first eagle... but nice shot! :clapp:

i had a couple today.

2nd hole, par 3 180 yards. was wind assisted so i took an 8 iron, and stiffed it to 5 ft. ball spun back a little towards the hole.

7th hole, par 4 380 yards. this was a drive, to put this in perspective i normally hit a drive about 250ish. Today i hit a monster 324 yards, carrying a bunker i am normally nowhere near. we checked the yardage with GPS tracker. this was wind assisted but i felt like a hero :D

i was 8 over after 11 but had to abandon the game due to weather. :(

i had a couple today.

2nd hole, par 3 180 yards. was wind assisted so i took an 8 iron, and stiffed it to 5 ft. ball spun back a little towards the hole.

7th hole, par 4 380 yards. this was a drive, to put this in perspective i normally hit a drive about 250ish. Today i hit a monster 324 yards, carrying a bunker i am normally nowhere near. we checked the yardage with GPS tracker. this was wind assisted but i felt like a hero :D

i was 8 over after 11 but had to abandon the game due to weather. :(

Wind assistance or not, 2 very sweet golf shots! Congrats on both of them. Do you ever not have wind assistance over there?

On a 95-yard par 3 I hit a 52* wedge to within about 10' of the hole. I then 2-putted for par. Not bad considering I was using a chewed up old Top-Flite XL 2000 that I found on the course. I was really surprised that the ball held the green that well, considering between the rock-hard Top-Flite and the inferior groove technology of my Mizzie wedges that it couldnt have gotten a lot of spin. Thankfully, the greens are pretty soft around here right now.

Wind assistance or not, 2 very sweet golf shots! Congrats on both of them. Do you ever not have wind assistance over there?

:D the wind assists as much as it hinders..

I was about 100 out on the right. I was behind a tree, but had a clear shot to the green as long as I didn't hit the tree. You have to understand - I can't shape shots and there was a big bunker between the green and me and another to the left of the green. I managed with the help of the Penta to get on the green. I was so excited.

Good shot Diane, those are always nice to pull off.

Did you aim at the tree to miss it, or did you aim to miss the tree and miss it anyway?

Good shot Diane, those are always nice to pull off.

Did you aim at the tree to miss it, or did you aim to miss the tree and miss it anyway?

I aimed a couple of inches left - directly at the green. The Penta goes straight. I'm not sure if it would have worked with another ball.

I will sometimes aim right at the tree. I usually don't hit it straight!

I had to hit an intentional hook (after hooking a tee shot) the other day. I was behind a big bush, with no line to the green. I pulled it off, and had 8 footer for birdie, which I missed. I did save par.

Hit a fairway bunker with my tee shot that lies about 70 yards from the green. Clipped it crisply and cleanly with my SW. It landed about 20 feet above the pin on the back to front sloped green and then rolled back to about 7 inches from the pin.

Over the weekend I missed the green on a long approach shot ending up short sided and below a high green. All I had was a bump shot hitting the side and roll or a lob shot. I decided to lob and that thing went nice and high landing with a bunch of spin. I thought it was going in, but stopped next to the hole.

My best shot yesterday had a poor result. My set up, and alignment were correct. My swing was also correct. I hit the flag pole from 165 yards near the base. After hitting the pole, the ball rolled off the green, where I chipped, and 2 putted for bogey............:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back