Cake or Pie

• Total voters
Pie blows cake away. Cake doesnt even come close to some of the best ones. Key lime, Chocolate Mousse, Apple, Boysenberry, Buttermilk, Pumpkin, Chicken Pot Pie, etc....

Pecan Pie, please. I am not a fan of most cakes with the exception of my Grandmother's Coconut Cake she made at Christmas.

If you look at a recipe for custard and then cheesecake you will see they are the same. Cheesecake is actually a custard.

So I got ripped on my birthday... Naw Cheese CAKE :banana:

I'm not sure why, but somewhere in the middle of reading the third sentence of your post, the little voice in your (or in this case "my") head that "reads" started sounding like Andy Rooney.

Spoiler
andy_rooney.jpg

Oh great, now I'm picturing a semi-clad Andy Rooney jumping out of a cake. Thank you so much for THAT image. :cake:

My mother isn't much of a cook, but she can roll a piie crust. As kids, we had birthday pies instead of cakes, becuase Mom couldn't bake a cake.

I would suggest that Boston Creme pies are actually more like cake than pie. I had Boston Creme pie at Mike's Pastry in Boston's North End after the best Italian meal I've ever had. Some good eats that night.

Kevin

I agree. Boston Cream pie doesn't have the crust, so is more like a cake.

I like pie the best, particulary the fried variety.

Always cake, never pie. Chocolate cake, chocolate icing, although sometimes a yellow cake is okay. I am the guy who uses a big plate when a cake is around. My roommate in college and I would go to the grocery store and get a quarter sheet cake (around here that is about 12" x 18") and just sit on the floor with a fork and take care of it over a weekend.

My girlfriend makes "pike". Her bro wanted a pie and a cake as his birthday dessert a few years back and she has worked every year to perfect it. A cake crust and a pie like filling. Turned out to be quite delicious.

All this talk about food has made me hungry for cake. I already have my pajamas on so I'm not going out to buy any. I could bake, but then I'll be eating too late and I want it now. I really like cake.

There was a restaurant around here that made an 'upside-down caramel-apple pie' that was awesome! I like some of that!

All this talk about food has made me hungry for cake. I already have my pajamas on so I'm not going out to buy any. I could bake, but then I'll be eating too late and I want it now. I really like cake.

That's when I pour myself a glass of wine. Which I'm about to do.

With Thanksgiving right around the corner - my thoughts have turned from cake to pie. I'm not baking any though - other members of my family are so much better at that than I am.

Definitely pie. In order:

1. Pecan
2. Blueberry
3. Apple
4. Key lime

Ever have grasshopper pie? It's lethal--1/4 cup each of creme de menthe and creme de cacao.

Pie. Apple or strawberry-rhubarb.

Anyone else call pizza "pie"? As in, "let's get some wings and a pie", "they make a good pie" - or is that just a New York thing. I remember my college roomates thought I was crazy when I refered to pizza as 'pie'.

Pie. Apple or strawberry-rhubarb.

Anyone else call pizza "pie"? As in, "let's get some wings and a pie", "they make a good pie" - or is that just a New York thing. I remember my college roomates thought I was crazy when I refered to pizza as 'pie'.

I just say pizza, but I'd know what you were talking about if you said to order a large pie. Do you fold your pizza too? I do - it's much easier to eat that way.

I've never folded my pizza. Wouldn't that make it a Calzone?

Hmmmm, White album.

white.jpg

Goo goo g' joob.

When I was a kid - I refused to eat white food - sour cream, mayo, butter, milk, vanilla ice cream, etc.

A friend of mine refused to eat green veggies. And he was in his twenties! Not sure if he does now, 25 years later.

Back