The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

You know, I was gonna do this whole routine . . . but I just decided it wouldn't be worth it.

Thanks for playing along though.

I told my father that a dozen Penta's would be a nice Christmas gift and he told me that when I learned to lose fewer balls - he'd be happy to buy them for me. I didn't think that was very nice.

Sounds like your dad would fit in well here. You should tell him about this place! (Does he do computers?)

Sounds like your dad would fit in well here. You should tell him about this place! (Does he do computers?)

He does, but won't join. I tell him about a lot of the posts though.

He does, but won't join. I tell him about a lot of the posts though.

Okay, if your Dad joins, you have to tell me. Because I wouldn't want any father to see some of the things I direct to their daughters.

Okay, if your Dad joins, you have to tell me. Because I wouldn't want any father to see some of the things I direct to their daughters.

My father already knows about you Harry.

My father already knows about you Harry.

Knowing about me and reading my comments directly are two different things.

I wouldn't subject any father to that. It's disrespectful.

Didn't you hear me say I tell my father about a lot of the posts? Some I read - some I paraphrase. How else would he know about you.

So--you'd subject the daughter but not the father?

Wanna explain that one?

So--you'd subject the daughter but not the father?

Wanna explain that one?

I think you have to be a man to understand.

If Diane chooses to share something with he father, that's one thing. She acts as a filter as she sees fit. I can't say I'm thrilled to know that some of the things I say get passed on to her father, but it's not my place to say she shouldn't. It will, however, make me think twice about things I say to her here.

But to say some things to her while her father is "in the room" would be inappropriate. It's no different from real life. There are things I would say to women in my life with just friends around, or in private, but that I would never say in front of their fathers.

Harry - I read golf posts to my father. He has asked me if everyone who posts here really plays golf because some posts surprise him, but the posts are about golf. The man has a heart condition you know - what else would I read to him?

Harry - I read golf posts to my father. He has asked me if everyone who posts here really plays golf because some posts surprise him, but the posts are about golf. The man has a heart condition you know - what else would I read to him?

You've made my point. You act as a filter.

But if he was here himself - able to read anything he pleased, I wouldn't post some of the things I direct at you.

You've made my point. You act as a filter.

But if he was here himself - able to read anything he pleased, I wouldn't post some of the things I direct at you.

I would hope not - he wouldn't understand.

I just found a handful of tees in my washing maching. I forgot to take them out of my pocket again.

I just found a handful of tees in my washing maching. I forgot to take them out of my pocket again.

But they were nice and clean, no?

Back