Dario

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello , i'm from Argentina and i want if you can tell me something of how can i improve my driving stats.
My handicap is 4 with no problems of consistency but with distance.
The las time i was fitted my numbers were :

Club Speed: 93.4
Ball Velocity: 132.4
Launch Angle: 14.9
Ball Spin: 3427
Carry: 211
Total: 227.8
PTR: 141.7

I use a Nickent 4DX Draw 10.5º with Aldila NV Regular.
Thanks.

Dario I have a couple of questions for you. How were these numbers attained? Was there a side spin number in there? The reason I ask is with that club head speed your ball speed should be around 140 on average. With the ball speed you have listed you have great launch and spin numbers....according to my data with a ball speed of 132 you should on average carry the driver about 215 with your launch data.

What I don't get is with the club head speed you should have a ball speed at about 140 which would bring your average carry to about 235. I know most people would love to get 20 more yards on average off of the tee.

To have your numbers the way they are it has to be 1 of 2 things happening. (this is just from the numbers point of view) You are either putting some side spin on the ball which is eating up ball speed. Or you are hitting the ball outside of the sweetspot of the driver....thinking heel or toe impacts. Next time you get the numbers looked at look for sidespin and use face tape to see what is going on at impact.

Thanks for your reply amollerud.I apologize for my poor english.
I supose the fitting was a little bit precarious and don´t have numbers about side spin.
Reading what you said about hitting the ball outside of the sweet spot of the driver, what i can say is that i use to tee it very high, and the tee of the mat where i was fitted was very small and low.
This may cause sidespin ?

The height of the tee shouldn't have much if any affect on side spin. And your comment about teeing it high makes some sense with todays 460cc drivers the sweet spot is center and a touch higher on the face than it used to be.

Dario the info you passed on to me was very helpful I am just looking for some additional info to help you optimize the driver. Some of the numbers you are posting are very good and I want to do what I can to help you get the most out of it.

Thanks amollerud, i'll be waiting !!!!

Dario, the 1 idea I have for you is a shaft change. Going to a Stiff shaft versus the regular do to the club head speed is the start. Next that shaft needs to be a fairly lightweight I am thinking 45-55 grams. The lighter weight will help add a little club head speed. More important for a player that is putting up these numbers the stiffer shaft will help to negate side spin. If you are a fan of the Aldila line of shafts look to this line for a stiff flex in a 45-55 gram and give that a try it should help a lot. Good luck and let me know how things work out for you.

amollerud,
How much of a difference does going from say a 60-65g to a 45-50g shaft make in club head speed?

Thanks amollerud , i will try and then post it !!

amollerud,
How much of a difference does going from say a 60-65g to a 45-50g shaft make in club head speed?

We have found for the average player a shaft that is 10 grams lighter get about 2-3mph increase with the lighter shaft.

Back