Hunting for ultimate golf bag

generalagony

Reaction score
I am on a mission to find what i consider to be the holy grail of golf bags and i am having trouble finding something that meets my wish list. I would like a stand bag with at least 10 full length dividers and an external putter tube. Anyone know of a bag that meets these specs?

Try the Nike SasQuatch Tour Stand Bag. It's the only stand/carry bag I've found that has 14 dividers. No external putter tube but with 14 slots, do you really need one? It keeps everything well organized, is well built, and looks great.

Sorry for the minor threadjack, but what is the benefit of an external putter well - particularly on a stand bag?

I'm actually wondering though. What benefit is there to an external putter well over, for example, a dedicated putter slot?

Try the Nike SasQuatch Tour Stand Bag. It's the only stand/carry bag I've found that has 14 dividers. No external putter tube but with 14 slots, do you really need one? It keeps everything well organized, is well built, and looks great.

I second the Nike Sasquatch. I just got one brand new off ebay for $107 shipped from an authorized dealer. With 14 individual full length dividers there is no need for the external putter tube.

I've had this bag since early summer this year...

Not sure I quite like it. I'm not sure the dividers are full length, and if they are, my clubs somehow still get into the other slots... What a mystery. :bulgy-eyes:

I've also had a problem with the foot of the bag that forces the legs to come out. The two have disconnected several times, but I think that's a minor inconvenience that comes with most stand bags. The drink cooler pocket works really well though. Lot of pockets for anything you want to stuff into your bag.

The rubber stops on my stand legs fell off quite a few months ago.

The straps are squeaky, but pretty comfortable to walk an entire round with.

The holes to keep your tees in don't work well with longer tees, and sometimes even regular sized tees poke into the nylon that separates the clubs.

I might look for a new bag soon...

I am on a mission to find what i consider to be the holy grail of golf bags and i am having trouble finding something that meets my wish list. I would like a stand bag with at least 10 full length dividers and an external putter tube. Anyone know of a bag that meets these specs?

Sun Moutain MPB...it has 14 dividers and it does have an external putter tube and they are on sale at many places at this time...good luck with your search.

Last edited:
The putter well is nice if you have a large, mallet type putter. I have a Sun Mountain MPB and a Bag Boy Clip Lok, and I'm not totally satisfied with either of them. I've been trying to find an Orlimar CR Locator to check out. It has 14 dividers and an external putter well. I'm also waiting to see if Datrek will be continuing the Vibe next year, the club organization on those looks interesting.

I'm also waiting to see if Datrek will be continuing the Vibe next year, the club organization on those looks interesting.

We are very much interested to see what they come out with. Two companies merged and different design people are in place, so it will be interesting.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions guys. I am on my cell right now but when i get to my computer i will do some browsing on the bags mentioned. The reason a would like a separate putter tube is because with a 33 inch putter like i use, the putter gets almost swallowed up by the bag and even though it may be anal of me, i would prefer for my putter to stick up a little further so it is easier to grab.

What about a woman's bag? They're shorter. Your other clubs may stick out a bit though depending on what size they are.

WOW after getting to my computer and taking a look at the Sun Mountain bag I think I am in love. That looks exactly like what I have had in mind as a bag that would fit my needs. Thanks guys :)

Back