Well you guys were right. Like the greenside spin with the e5 but too much side spin off the drive. At one of the courses I play often we have a short par 4 dogleg left that you can drive if you go over the trees and cut the corner.

I tried with the e5 sliced right still in play though. So I then tried with the lady precept and the e6 both of them straight just off the green. So as of right now the e5 is out.

The Bridgestone mobile van was at my local muni driving range today and I had the chance to get fitted. After providing some basic info, they started me off (driver only) with the E6. After looking at that data, they had me hit the E5. Final recommendation was E5. Five more yards 212 versus 207 with the E5. My swing speed was 88.5 mph, backspin 2,250, 14.4 launch, -350 side spin. I was a little surprised because I always thought my back spin numbers were high. They said ideal is 2600 for my swing speed. I currently use a Cleveland Black, regular CKua shaft at 12 degrees. Pretty interesting.

I am hoping the new Big Bertha driver will work for me. Is it considered a lower spinning driver like the new TM stuff?

Back