Chris Kyle "American Sniper" Dead

Not sure how I feel about that.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I do not like this one bit! There are something's that just do not need to be done for corporate and personal profit.

Every penny made should go to our vets to help them when they come home.

I do not like this one bit! There are something's that just do not need to be done for corporate and personal profit.

I would be very surprised if this didn't happen to be honest. The money goes to the USO or another foundation. I never read the book but I'll be seeing the movie.

The book was alright. Not really well written but your talking about a autobiography from a country boy.

The best part about the book was I think when his wife chimed in, which was randomly placed, but provided good insight.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I would be very surprised if this didn't happen to be honest. The money goes to the USO or another foundation. I never read the book but I'll be seeing the movie.

Honestly, I would be surprised if it does. Some may but most of it will be kept to make the rich richer. This is my opinion based on experience and knowledge of company dealings.

I'll read the book and its on my short list of books to read.

The Kyle family sold the rights to the book over a year ago to Cooper's production company.

That's understandable from the family side of things. I just hope the production company does good with the money and doesn't pocket it all.

What's absolutely amazing to me is how tone deaf the President was at the time of Kyle's death. Chris Kyle was a true blue American hero. The likes my generation may have never seen. His courage, commitment and love for his country. Of course he dies in a tragic shooting while helping his fellow veterans and Obama can't even take the time to call the family. What was he doing that week that was soooo important? It's very said. I remember watching the news that day showing the interstate lined with people. Seeing the casket at the 50 yard line and cowboy stadium full. We lost an American hero but through his death, I was proud of our country and proud of all of our veterans.

The book was alright. Not really well written but your talking about a autobiography from a country boy.

The best part about the book was I think when his wife chimed in, which was randomly placed, but provided good insight.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
I completely agree about the book, it was probably the worst one of this genre that I've read. The end of the book was a bit chilling, as he took on the type of work he did later in life and we know how things ultimately turn out. I thought the single best part of the book - which I won't spoil here - was the part where he got pulled over for speeding on his way to base after 9/11.

I literally don't know that Spielberg has ever done a bad movie. The best thing about him being the person to do the movie is there is hope he'll produce a better product for the masses (face it, most people don't read books) than his source material provides. I hope the production company makes a gazillion dollars because it will mean that millions of people will learn about this true American hero and what it means to actually serve one's country.

What's absolutely amazing to me is how tone deaf the President was at the time of Kyle's death. Chris Kyle was a true blue American hero. The likes my generation may have never seen. His courage, commitment and love for his country. Of course he dies in a tragic shooting while helping his fellow veterans and Obama can't even take the time to call the family. What was he doing that week that was soooo important? It's very said. I remember watching the news that day showing the interstate lined with people. Seeing the casket at the 50 yard line and cowboy stadium full. We lost an American hero but through his death, I was proud of our country and proud of all of our veterans.

This is an excellent​ post. Seriously. Well said.

I completely agree about the book, it was probably the worst one of this genre that I've read. The end of the book was a bit chilling, as he took on the type of work he did later in life and we know how things ultimately turn out. I thought the single best part of the book - which I won't spoil here - was the part where he got pulled over for speeding on his way to base after 9/11.

I literally don't know that Spielberg has ever done a bad movie. The best thing about him being the person to do the movie is there is hope he'll produce a better product for the masses (face it, most people don't read books) than his source material provides. I hope the production company makes a gazillion dollars because it will mean that millions of people will learn about this true American hero and what it means to actually serve one's country.

That part was good. There were a few parts I liked.

Might have to re read it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

What was great was that the rest of the country, esp. down here in Texas during his funeral procession from Dallas to Austin, took notice and the attention and praise his family received from everyone will be something I don't think they ever forget. The President dropped the ball but the rest of America picked it up and ran with it.

I just hope they don't glorify the kills.
Chris didn't care about the kills, it was about protecting his fellow soldiers. A trait shared by a lot of great snipers.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I just hope they don't glorify the kills.
Chris didn't care about the kills, it was about protecting his fellow soldiers. A trait shared by a lot of great snipers.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

This is very true. Ive know a few and even got to meet Carlos Hathcock. Protecting their brothers in arms is the primary focus, not racking up a count. It's like a solemn vow and they are some of the coolest customers around.

J.

Wow, I would have loved to meet Carlos, and Chris for that matter. I did meet a couple of snipers and I have a lot of respect for them and it's always the Same, the kills don't matter.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

The Kyle family sold the rights to the book over a year ago to Cooper's production company.
That's a good piece of info to have right there! I didn't know that.

I'm gonna post this here, and in the second amendment thread, it is related to the debate there, but also shows us a side of Chris I think people should know about. So please take the debate part to that thread of you desire.

As far as I know, this is the first time Taya Kyle (Chris' wife) has spoken publicly since Chris was murdered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUGCtUiVlcQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I forgot he was a Cowboy. I'm not done with the entire video yet.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Sounds like Steven Spielberg will be directing the movie.

Hopefully he is respectful.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

He's made some good movies, I would think he knows what to do here. Hopefully......

I always have to remember to separate his acting from his directing!

I always have to remember to separate his acting from his directing!

It's going to be a challenge, bring in his combat life to what happened in the end. Trying to put enough action in it but adding to the drama. I think he can do it. Zero Dark Thirty was made and I didn't think that would end up being what it was. Can't wait to see if it happens.

I think Eastwood will do a good job, I am looking forward to seeing this one.

Back