Ontario,Western New York, Northwest Pennsylvania and surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy smokes, sounds like everyone here is playing well. Good thing pink and blue go together.

I am fully capable of blowing up any round, especially at Arrowhead, so that towel could just as easily be mine :)

welcome cory, lots of nice people here and maybe even some good golfers. love it when everyone is playing well, no frustration on a golf course is a wonderful thing

ok guys, jimmy was right about hitting the ball today, both of us were playing very good, now here is where i get to brag a little, jimmy has only been serious about golf for 2 years, i have been playing for a few more than that, i have been a decent golfer for a long time, but jimmy has come along way in a short time, i really enjoyed playing with him today, he was on his "A" game, watching some of the shots he hit was exciting golf, they say only 5% of golfers break 80, what is the percent of father/son team that can both break 80 in the same group?

That's one sweet looking driver! Too bad it's not a Callaway and it'd be even better,Ha!

That's one sweet looking driver! Too bad it's not a Callaway and it'd be even better,Ha!

And that driver is not facing the right direction either. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I was skimming I dunno how I missed this! Thing is a beauty. How is it just neutral? You mess with that at all or just keeping it neutral? You have any pictures of the crown? It's like a matte finish right?

I have it at neutral loft, and one notch of fade. It's fine neutral, but my typical miss is a hook, so I feel like if need be I can go after the ball without too much fear. It's a pretty glossy finish on the crown, but let the pic decide for yourself:

TaylorMade-SLDR-Crown_690_t640.jpg

Started officially trying to calculate my handicap last year. I'm kind of a numbers geek and keep a database with my scores that calculates my handicap plus I have a few apps I play around with as well. The handicap calc differs throughout.
My calc = 13.1
Swing by Swing = 12.6
Golfshot = 12.6 (only 9 rounds entered)
oobgolf = 13.8
Just curious what everyone here uses?

Started officially trying to calculate my handicap last year. I'm kind of a numbers geek and keep a database with my scores that calculates my handicap plus I have a few apps I play around with as well. The handicap calc differs throughout.
My calc = 13.1
Swing by Swing = 12.6
oobgolf = 13.8

I just use the GHIN. Not good enough at math to figure out my own lol.

My calc = 13.1
Swing by Swing = 12.6
oobgolf = 13.8

I like numbers too, but I am not even trying when it comes to handicap. I use GHIN app as well. Are you factoring in the slope of the course as well?

I like numbers too, but I am not even trying when it comes to handicap. I use GHIN app as well. Are you factoring in the slope of the course as well?

Yes, it factors in course rating and slope depending on the tees you played from. You'd think the calculation for the apps would be the same.
I looked into the GHIN but don't you need to be registered with a course to get a #?

Yes, it factors in course rating and slope depending on the tees you played from. You'd think the calculation for the apps would be the same.
I looked into the GHIN but don't you need to be registered with a course to get a #?

I am not 100% on whether you have to be signed up. I registered with the NYSGA and the GHIN tracking was included. Prior to that I had never tried to track by handicap.

It's not as complicated as you might think :)

Next Monday, if you can - I would like to see how you are doing it. I am curious as to how everything gets factored in.

I am not 100% on whether you have to be signed up. I registered with the NYSGA and the GHIN tracking was included. Prior to that I had never tried to track by handicap.

When I try to create a new GHIN profile it asks for a GHIN#. Maybe I have to register with the NYSGA first.

Next Monday, if you can - I would like to see how you are doing it. I am curious as to how everything gets factored in.

Take the average of your 10 best differentials (((score-rating)*113)/slope) of your last 20 scores and multiply by 0.96

Take the average of your 10 best differentials (((score-rating)*113)/slope) of your last 20 scores and multiply by 0.96

Thanks! I will give it a try, but where did they come up with that formula?

Thanks! I will give it a try, but where did they come up with that formula?

No idea. Someone had a lot of time on their hands :)

I use GHIN.

I have a seventh for Monday. Jeanne Kay. Aaron knows her and has played with her. She will play from whatever set of tees we choose(she hates playing from the front tees cuz it's too short for her game!) Played 6 holes at Mendon and got rained out. First time I've had a tourney cancelled from NYSGA but ya can't fight Mother Nature! Too bad cuz my game was "A".

I just post my ESC score and Bingo, it's figured!

I have a seventh for Monday. Jeanne Kay. Aaron knows her and has played with her. She will play from whatever set of tees we choose(she hates playing from the front tees cuz it's too short for her game!) Played 6 holes at Mendon and got rained out. First time I've had a tourney cancelled from NYSGA but ya can't fight Mother Nature! Too bad cuz my game was "A".

And she will probably shoot the lowest score in the two foursomes. She is good!!

i was looking at joeyjoejo's posting on the contest page, i really like the score card he had for all his stats. wonder if any one knows where to get cards like that or if he made it himself

great news, "hello Kitty" is here. bright red, and ready to go to the most deserving of us on Monday. Jimmy will be posting a pic later today, just in case some of you may want to color coordinate your outfit on Monday, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back