Reusing a grip......

TimH

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or been able to remove a grip so that it can be reused? Seems I've heard that you can do this but I have never seen it done. Picked up a new shaft for my R1 and it has one of the new Golf Pride grips on it and with the shaft that can be rotated to change the loft of the driver it places the Golf Pride logo not on top of the shaft. Anyway, if there is a way to remove and reuse I could save myself 8 or 9 bucks. Thanks.

The easiest way is to use an air compressor and solvent and blow it off. If you take it to a golf shop, they should be able to do it for you. If the grip tape is too sticky or the grip is one of the softie type (like a Winn) it may shred it. Here is a short video I found on YouTube that details it for you.

Upon review, I believe I placed this in the wrong thread. Should have probably posed this question in the Club Fitting thread. Moderator if you would please move this post. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

The easiest way is to use an air compressor and solvent and blow it off. If you take it to a golf shop, they should be able to do it for you. If the grip tape is too sticky or the grip is one of the softie type (like a Winn) it may shred it. Here is a short video I found on YouTube that details it for you.

Based on this video, it looks like I wouldn't really need to remove the grip totally, I could just loosen it up and rotate until the golfpride name was on top. Thanks.

Yeah. Just use a syringe or a slip something under the grip and pour some solvent under it. The solvent should be pretty easy to spread under the grip. Good luck!

Back