Scholl Canyon GC in CA

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
The BF and I played this course, its new to us. We got a special deal on Thanksgiving Day, $13/person (includes practice balls, cart and green fees) when the regular price is about $43. So we decided to try it. Wow, its not a big course, but its tough. Its a Par 60 but the back 9 is the hardest. Its right on top of a hill, and there's a Par 3 hole where you need to land it on the green or your ball is completely gone down the cliff. I lost about 8 golf balls that day. Its tough. There are narrow fairways surrounded by mountainside/cliffs. But with an AWESOME view of the city, and since it was super clear that day (as well as 83 degrees) you could see all the way to the ocean. I think we'll play there again, but not for a while...its pretty tough for newbies like us :wink:

The view at that course is great. I havent played there in a few years.

I remember when that place used to be just a nine hole course.The golf team use to pratice there ,My freshman year in high school.That was a long time ago :)~

Eaton Cyn is also another neat short course.Same goes for Alhambra.

My favorite holes there since it became an 18 hole course were 3 and 13 and 15

I remember when that place used to be just a nine hole course.The golf team use to pratice there ,My freshman year in high school.That was a long time ago :)~

Eaton Cyn is also another neat short course.Same goes for Alhambra.

My favorite holes there since it became an 18 hole course were 3 and 13 and 15

We've played Eaton Canyon as well, that and Altadena are big 9 hole courses :) Haven't been to Alhambra yet. I didn't know that Scholl Canyon used to be a 9 hole course. That's pretty crazy. The back 9 is an absolute killer...Suprisingly, its right next to the dump but you don't smell anything haa haa, a very great and challenging place to play ;)

I feel it was more exciting when it was 9 holes.Lots of blind shots and It was super hilly.If I recall right,It even had 1 par 5.

This sounds like a fun course, I will have to go check it out. Another fun executive type course I like is Birch Hills in Brea. It is fairly open and allows yu to use all the clubs in your bag.

When you play, just bring plenty of extra golf balls :wink:

Played here again the other day, this time, only lost 6 golf balls :D

Back