Contest - Design The Next THP Challenge Coin

I was going to suggest the same thing as this. The only difference I would suggest is instead of the slogan around the border, put the vendors that sponsored the event around the border and somewhere put 2013 Morgan Cup on it.
Morgan Cup 2013 commemorative coin:

Side A - Morgan cup trophy in the center with the "Don't just play golf, live it" slogan around the border
Side B - Divided into quarters for each team logo

Ok, two more... I really have gotten no work done today!
H2O
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378747992.489438.jpg
Citrus
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378748039.542173.jpg

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Last edited:
JonD,
Like the simplicity of it. Think it could be neat with some copper or gold involved rather than the gray/silver. Thoughts?

Agreed. I think if you embossed the lettering and maybe played with the positioning, sizing and background coloring on the back, it could be really sharp looking. I grabbed the grey because I wasn't able to sample the color from the front of the coin. Sometimes simple is a good thing. I've got another idea that I'll try to work on tonight while I watch football.

My goodness, so many dudes KILLING it today with awesome designs.

Keep it up fellas, I love drooling in this thread!

Here's a quick and dirty. Would love for someone else to give it a shot too!

WolfPack2_zpsacfbdcd8.jpg

I would buy that. When I play with my dad he always wants to play wolf. Looks good Nate.

You Reunion people will get it.
Trip_zps7df30100.jpg

Very nice Orange Hog, digging the coin and the game!

Here is my idea of a side game coin. Have you guys every played Rabbit? It's pretty simple. In Rabbit, the object is to achieve the low score on a hole, and to have that honor after the 9th and 18th holes. Here’s how Rabbit works: When the round begins, the first player to singly have the low score on a hole captures the Rabbit (in other words, if two players tie for low score, no one captures the Rabbit – the honor must be won singly).

There is two ways to play and it's up to you and the group. Once the Rabbit is first captured, if on a following hole someone other than the holder of the Rabbit is the low scorer, the Rabbit is set free. Meaning there may be a few holes where the Rabbit is not captured. So then the Rabbit can be won back by the next player to singly achieve a low score on a hole. So before another player can tame the Rabbit, the Rabbit must first be set free. OR you don't have to play the "set the Rabbit free before he gets captured again"...you could just move the coin on each hole if someone has a singly won/lowest score. You'll want to do it the second way if you want to make sure the Rabbit pays our on the 9th and 18th holes no matter what. How much is up to your group. You can bet # of times to capture the Rabbit, or just a specific amount per person per side to the one holding the Rabbit on the 9th and 18th. Up to you.

Another one for a fun game that came to mind - BINGO BANGO BONGO. Not sure if anyone has ever played that before or not. My buddy introduced me to it. Basically you keep a tally for Bingo Bango and Bongo on every hole.

BINGO = first player to hit the green
BANGO = closest to the pin
BONGO = longest made putt (usually outside of 3-6 ft range)

You put a tick mark on your scorecard for each one and then tally up the totals after the round is over. The winner of each gets the payout from the other players. You can play with varying amounts of $$$. For example, the winner of BINGO gets $0.50 per tick mark and so on.

So simple....like it orange!

I think this one came up earlier in text form but I thought I'd drop some mad artwork skills on the idea! :banana: Only edit would be to change the red behind the bomb to a THP green.

I play with a bunch of guys that are long bombers off the tee box so this would be a fun contest. Longest drive of the day holds the coin. It's basically king of the mountain - out drive that guy to get the coin. You could always throw some money in the hat before starting the round too...whoever holds the coin at the end of the round gets the cash. That is, if you're the betting type!

Thanks for putting a graphic to my idea, I love the idea of this one!

There is another game that some people call Stealies. I never really liked that name, but the game is simple and involves the courses par threes.

“Stealies” is a game that runs in along with a closest-to-the-pin bets. When “stealies” are in effect, the losers of the closest-to-the-pin wager are given the chance to steal the pot. The members of a foursome have agreed to wager on each of the golf course’s par-3 holes. The closest to the pin on each of the par 3s wins the bet.In “stealies,” any player who birdies the par 3 without being closest to the pin steals the wager. The birdie can be holed from anywhere on the course (chip-in, etc.). But the closest-to-the-pin winner can steal the bet back by making his own birdie putt. Whenever more than one player birdies on a closet-to-the-pin holes, the “stealies” bet goes to the last one in....who is usually the closest in most cases, but not always.

I always liked it to being a golf ninja. So that's what my next coin is...THP Golf ninjas!

Front the same as original design...back...

Oh I'm digging a lot of these designs. I might have an idea or two...

I like that one Agent Jay! Haven't heard of that game before.

I apologize for the drawing, had to do it in SolidWorks :D. I'll try to do one with color and stuff when I have time, but I wanted to post it.

Game name, One And Done. When someone has a one putt, they get the coin, until the next person gets a one putt. So basically, the coin goes to the last person with a one putt. The person with it at the end wins something from the other players (money, beer, etc.). Like chip ins? Good for your score, not for your wallet! Must be a one putt to win the coin. I like it because it's a possible change in hands every hole.

b9f93f16-2211-4541-adc5-65328135cf33.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is my idea of a side game coin. Have you guys every played Rabbit? It's pretty simple. In Rabbit, the object is to achieve the low score on a hole, and to have that honor after the 9th and 18th holes. Here’s how Rabbit works: When the round begins, the first player to singly have the low score on a hole captures the Rabbit (in other words, if two players tie for low score, no one captures the Rabbit – the honor must be won singly).

There is two ways to play and it's up to you and the group. Once the Rabbit is first captured, if on a following hole someone other than the holder of the Rabbit is the low scorer, the Rabbit is set free. Meaning there may be a few holes where the Rabbit is not captured. So then the Rabbit can be won back by the next player to singly achieve a low score on a hole. So before another player can tame the Rabbit, the Rabbit must first be set free. OR you don't have to play the "set the Rabbit free before he gets captured again"...you could just move the coin on each hole if someone has a singly won/lowest score. You'll want to do it the second way if you want to make sure the Rabbit pays our on the 9th and 18th holes no matter what. How much is up to your group. You can bet # of times to capture the Rabbit, or just a specific amount per person per side to the one holding the Rabbit on the 9th and 18th. Up to you.

This was the one I was going to work out tonight. I always play rabbit when I play with my dad and buddies. It's a fun game and pretty fair for everyone involved.

One more before I head home from work. In honor of the "love is in the air" event for 2014, I suggest a gold coin, heart outlined in gold:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378758308.162475.jpg

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Two options for the guy in the group that shoots Low Net on the day

sandbagging_zps626928b0.jpg

You guys are killing it! I want one of each.

Just an idea JB, could the company that is doing the coins make a triangle one instead of a circle one. The idea behind it is now you also have a alignment aid for your putt. You have one point pointing down your intended line and then a perpendicular line that your putter should rest on to make sure you are square to your target line.

Just an idea JB, could the company that is doing the coins make a triangle one instead of a circle one. The idea behind it is now you also have a alignment aid for your putt. You have one point pointing down your intended line and then a perpendicular line that your putter should rest on to make sure you are square to your target line.

We are definitely going to be getting into shapes soon, but this one is going to be round, strictly because we have a feature that needs to be on there that needs round (for this one.

We are definitely going to be getting into shapes soon, but this one is going to be round, strictly because we have a feature that needs to be on there that needs round (for this one.

Roger that.

Back