TaylorMade Ultimate Club Testing - Live Update Thread

With you guys talking about how much different these sound, this particular set could break me out of my players' iron rut. Also Jman is right, these are a huge looks upgrade over the RocketBladez.

Guy's sounds like a great time. Are any of you concerned with the lower spin? I am also guessing the 7 iron loft 30 degree's so it is 3 degree's stronger then most of your seven irons. Shouldn't these 7 irons fly farther?

The SLDR is a great improvement to the TaylorMade line. Spin numbers were exceptional with the AD-DI 7x, right around 2500 with distance numbers around 260 in the air. Admittedly I expect to be more in the 270+ range, but I am sure a morning full of swings had plenty to do with it.

What would be most telling would be the increase of roll. I was seeing lots, which is not something I am used to. That could play massive dividends for me on what I am used to.

Accuracy was really good, as was the sound. Give it a swing.

The SLDR is a great improvement to the TaylorMade line. Spin numbers were exceptional with the AD-DI 7x, right around 2500 with distance numbers around 260 in the air. Admittedly I expect to be more in the 270+ range, but I am sure a morning full of swings had plenty to do with it.

What would be most telling would be the increase of roll. I was seeing lots, which is not something I am used to. That could play massive dividends for me on what I am used to.

I can echo this but with the stock TP shaft. Saw way better numbers. And I was dialed up at 12* loft seeing 260 avg carry. Not too bad. The look of the recent Taylormade releases are phenomenal!

The ball also just doesn't fly quite as far here. Thanks a lot, humidity. I like the 2500rpm spin for you though!

I keep telling my wife i should have signed up for this. She keeps calling golf my girlfriend on the side. So jealous.

Love the great feedback everyone.

~Rock

Fixing to head to the tee box!

Fixing to head to the tee box!

I am so excited to hear how these perform for you guys under course conditions and if these new irons have a positive impact on the scorecard...

6ugyhuta.jpg

Lets do this!

The distances guys are getting are crazy!

Is anyone out there normally a shorter distance hitter (say, 130-140 for a 7i)? If so, are you seeing similar increases in distance/ launch angle? I'm starting to wonder if these clubs might need some serious clubhead speed to get the ball going further.

Some awesome feedback so far. Can't wait to see how these play for everyone on the course. Keep it up guys!

Well hello bunkers.

That's pretty....pretty gnarly. Course looks great!

Course looks phenomenal

Very forgiving irons. Not swinging well right now, but the irons are helping a great deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

qada5yhe.jpg
. Bunker mania on the Fourth

Taps away

Very forgiving irons. Not swinging well right now, but the irons are helping a great deal.

Really?!?! Sweet, liking the sounds of that. I'm a "max forgiveness" kind of guy.

Man are there some good shots being taken out there. Great distances too. Hit a 9 iron sitting down so 1/3 of the ball was visible. Hit it 10 yards beyond a pure 9 of my old set.

tpluff with the near chip in for birdie. Tap in par.

Back